Who cares about standard?

"
Jojas wrote:
"
xahanort wrote:
Who cares about standard? people with lots of exalts and people who are lazy. To the lazy people who might say: oh but I have a wive/kid/hand/dog/mom to take care of, can't really play that much. I know a guy in my poe group who has a kid, a wife, a job and still plays nemesis. Yes, he plays the 4 months. Why? Because he's not a whiny baby like 30% of the population of this game. Don't be salty. People who play standard are the DENNIS of PoE. At least the ones who are lazy.

P.s. Being rich is still a lame excuse, I am rich in normal hardcore and I don't play it because it's lame. And I_NO (using you as an example, because you pretty much sum it up in terms of what a good poe player is), despite being rich in "poop"-league, plays domination. Why? Because it's not fun to play in a broken economy where half my party would be opop.

No copy pasterino

I'm neither rich nor lazy and I play standard. Do I exist?

You're what I call overly attached player.
Ign BurningforeverwithKnive
"
xahanort wrote:
Who cares about standard? people with lots of exalts and people who are lazy. To the lazy people who might say: oh but I have a wive/kid/hand/dog/mom to take care of, can't really play that much. I know a guy in my poe group who has a kid, a wife, a job and still plays nemesis. Yes, he plays the 4 months. Why? Because he's not a whiny baby like 30% of the population of this game. Don't be salty. People who play standard are the DENNIS of PoE. At least the ones who are lazy.

P.s. Being rich is still a lame excuse, I am rich in normal hardcore and I don't play it because it's lame. And I_NO (using you as an example, because you pretty much sum it up in terms of what a good poe player is), despite being rich in "poop"-league, plays domination. Why? Because it's not fun to play in a broken economy where half my party would be opop.

No copy pasterino

What a load of crap and faulty reasoning.

P.S.: You let your fun be dictated by the "economy" ?!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
@xahanort: Overly attached to my chars? This might be so.

On the other hand, for a player who does not trade and who plays solo I'd need to invest huge amounts of time just to get to where I am now in standard: Have a wide variety of chars and builds and gear to choose from. And since I'm playing for almost a year now, my guess is I will not even come close to that. And see it all "wiped" after 4 months.
And for what? For some new items and the occasional shrine, both of which I can live without.

So why should I do it?

I really wonder, what is it that makes people like you miss the most obvious things?
Last edited by Jojas on Feb 15, 2014, 10:44:55 AM
HC vs SC is passé. Now it's all about new-eco vs old-eco :P

lol, nerds...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I think it boils down to which league has the most players. That was Domination this time around and it will probably be the equivalent league next time around. More players equals better economy because of greater supply and demand. The best place to be is where the bulk of the player base is.

Ok, but some people are really acting like elitist pricks, looking down on players in other leagues...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
xahanort wrote:

Not cool to stereotype bro. I'm also neither rich or lazy. I just simply don't find the idea of constantly starting from scratch to be appealing. I like to play any of my characters whenever I want to, and if I'm going to continue playing my standard characters then there really is no reason for me to mess with the temporary leagues.
Standard Forever
I like to play standard. Because I can have fun with my characters and experiment with new builds. I'm still broke even in standard, but it's better that starting from scratch and spamming 'wtb reduced mana'.

Why does it bother you so much? Even after 16 years probably, I still have my standard D2 characters that I sometimes play with a bit. What's wrong with that?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Warrax wrote:
"
JIIX wrote:

I play in standard because
1. Playing self-found takes a long time.
2. I don't give a damn about hardcore.
3. I don't give a damn about the economy.
4. I don't give a damn about competing against other people.

Pretty much this. A lot of people get godly items via trading in less than 4 months and get bored shortly after, these are the one who need fresh leagues.

Since I don't trade, I absolutely hate starting over in a new league, I've been playing for a year now and I'm still not bored because well..I'm not done with my characters. Since I played D3 and got bored in a month, I think it's better to play without trading.

Nice to see others who feel the same way about the trading/enjoyment factor. Have the same experience with D3. I prefer to "play" the auction house rather than the game itself.
I will play mostly standard league, self found or limited trading with friends.
Caution....sudden stops for no reason whatsoever.
anyone who has a wife, a child(ren), a job, and still manages to play must be neglecting an important part of their life. Either their wife, child, job, or their health/sleep are definitely suffering....

yeah that's something we all should be aspiring to do.... NOT
"
xahanort wrote:

No copy pasterino

OMG, this is such a rich generalisation.

I played standard for over 5100 hours.
For 12 to 16 hours a day, every day, for over a year.
I played solo, no leeching.
I played self-found, no trade, not even orb trade.

Yet, this crazy comes in here and generalises. He brings his leeching, shopping, path of least resistant ass in here, with his all time high lvl 83 and calls me lazy?

WTF?

Dude, if my solo, self found progressed characters of 94,94,91,89,87, make me lazy. WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU?

Don't go pulling the hardcore card now, because until you take a character solo, self found, with no log/alt-F4 escapes, pushing content above you, no being carried, no leeching, no WP ports, no boss kill buys, no rushes, just pure Hardcore gaming, to lvl 88 until dying to a bug IN ANY LEAGUE keep your silliness to yourself.

If you are gonna go throwing shit, throw it downwind, dude.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 15, 2014, 1:24:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info