Who cares about standard?

I do. I see 0 difference with other leagues (don't be blind, your hc/nem communities is full of shit people too as well as decent people). Yes I have wealth right now, but if we go a month back where I saw gcp as luxury currency I'd still chose standard.
Lets also all not get lost in a mentality that one league is better than another. Every person has different tastes and preferences. Tone down your ego and stop assuming your preferences are superior to the other guy's.
IGN: Smegacore
I play 99% of my time in POE playing in standard. Do i care about anything other people tend to car about? No.
"
JIIX wrote:

I play in standard because
1. Playing self-found takes a long time.
2. I don't give a damn about hardcore.
3. I don't give a damn about the economy.
4. I don't give a damn about competing against other people.

Pretty much this. A lot of people get godly items via trading in less than 4 months and get bored shortly after, these are the one who need fresh leagues.

Since I don't trade, I absolutely hate starting over in a new league, I've been playing for a year now and I'm still not bored because well..I'm not done with my characters. Since I played D3 and got bored in a month, I think it's better to play without trading.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Feb 13, 2014, 11:22:57 AM
"
StormHunter wrote:
"
As a nub, i'd rather play league and compete on equal grounds.

Domination and nemesis have a ruined economy after one week too even in the 1 week race theres rmt and crossleague trading (like a known streamer showed us). real men do races, i want the endless descent 4 month league with no trading, no town, no partys, onyl solo manmode and remove projectiles and spells
No projectiles/spells puts it on par with sock'em bumpers. Better to make BLAMT so I can drink all those melee tears.
I main standard atm.

Nemesis mods were fun (or frustratingly fun) when I tried them in New Eve 1 week race.
But I don't want to play HC mode for reasons.

I like consistency and steady progression once I find build/s I like. Progression both for individual characters and account wide.

I do like the idea of challenges and special game modes (like map mods, or special rare mobs, or exiles). But some challenges are bullshit-hard (gated behind harsh RNG) and they put RNG in everything in this game. So it's either grind, luck or both.

And for grind you need consistency.

So standard it is.

Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Snookdog on Feb 13, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
So you see friend, more people play and care about standard then you know.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Standart rules!!!
IGN:FinishMan, BrownHallo, Maman, SpeedyJoJo, StereoCld, WildRobe, Ladyto, SpeedyJoJo.
Personally, I'm not a fan of a baseline economy. I like trading and interacting with other players in an ever fluctuating environment.

Softcore is just kind of where all of that value become null.
"
Dj_Meltdown wrote:
"
JIIX wrote:
There are more people in standard than people playing nemesis + hardcore. Back in open beta, it was 9:9:3:1 between Anarchy/Standard/Onslaught/Hardcore.

I play in standard because
1. Playing self-found takes a long time.
2. I don't give a damn about hardcore.
3. I don't give a damn about the economy.
4. I don't give a damn about competing against other people.

5. I don't want to lose XP to desync :)

Since when is death penalty not present in standard league?
"
wira020 wrote:
I dont :D.

But the only reason I see people would play standard over league is due to their wealth. I understand it's hard to let go of all those thousands of eternals these people collected since beta(or longer). As a nub, i'd rather play league and compete on equal grounds. How many people even play standard? Like 10% of the realm population?

The only thing that bothers me is people who try to grab soon-to-be-legacy items from league with the intention of making a profit when league merge to standard. Its not fun to suddenly have critical shortage of certain items especially when certain build needs it.

p;s/ whats eternal:exa rate in standard? is the recent shortage of eternal in domination caused by hoarding also? Cant finish my crafting cause of this.... ):

It's also annoying how with 1 month left, when we were down to 1 month left, people leave new leagues on the notion 'it's ending soon'. So, their shops become trophy cases. Annoying.

As other said, it's tiring rerolling every 4 months and forgetting what you gained over that period to play a new league that has very little difference.

Equal ground? HAHAHAHA there are people who take vacation and grind all hours of the day when new leagues start. Plus the ever present RMT which is obvious when people are selling/buying 10+ exalt items after a couple days. Fools paradise is the new league.

The economy of new leagues turns to shit within a week. Happened in anarchy, dom and will happen in the new leagues as well so why even bother? I'm likely sticking to standard once my character rolls over. (other standard characters nerfed to hell and back).

Only way I play a new league is if they announce a self found league. Which I doubt they'll do. Instead they'll do 1 standard league and 1 hardcore league again. boring.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info