Who cares about standard?

I dont :D.

But the only reason I see people would play standard over league is due to their wealth. I understand it's hard to let go of all those thousands of eternals these people collected since beta(or longer). As a nub, i'd rather play league and compete on equal grounds. How many people even play standard? Like 10% of the realm population?

The only thing that bothers me is people who try to grab soon-to-be-legacy items from league with the intention of making a profit when league merge to standard. Its not fun to suddenly have critical shortage of certain items especially when certain build needs it.

p;s/ whats eternal:exa rate in standard? is the recent shortage of eternal in domination caused by hoarding also? Cant finish my crafting cause of this.... ):
Pure Hard Luck
Pela's Duelist 2H Axxor For MFers: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770009
Pela's Spray & Pray Split Puncture Critness: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918191
IGN : PelacurZ
"
wira020 wrote:

But the only reason I see people would play standard over league is due to their wealth.

Because not everyone wants to reroll every 4months?

"
wira020 wrote:
How many people even play standard? Like 10% of the realm population?

25% on the last count - Making standard 2nd highest league, above Nemesis. (~55% dom, ~25% standard, ~20% nem, ~2% hc)
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
"
As a nub, i'd rather play league and compete on equal grounds.

Domination and nemesis have a ruined economy after one week too even in the 1 week race theres rmt and crossleague trading (like a known streamer showed us). real men do races, i want the endless descent 4 month league with no trading, no town, no partys, onyl solo manmode and remove projectiles and spells
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
I belive that standard will have around 40-45% total population as new leagues will start.

I also don't feel starting everything over and over again after 4months. Some people don't have 10h to play daily.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Feb 13, 2014, 10:34:53 AM
I do care about standard as i play there. You say it as you are above people that play in standard. And standard will increase in players just wait. Those 25% is more likely to become 35% at least even when the new leagues have started.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
There are more people in standard than people playing nemesis + hardcore. Back in open beta, it was 9:9:3:1 between Anarchy/Standard/Onslaught/Hardcore.

I play in standard because
1. Playing self-found takes a long time.
2. I don't give a damn about hardcore.
3. I don't give a damn about the economy.
4. I don't give a damn about competing against other people.
I care about standard, I have a lot of friends who are not constantly playing (play for a month, quit for a few weeks etc). If I was in a league, I could never play with them when they pick it up again since they wouldn't have characters in my league to play with. If there was a way to be in a league, but temporarily switch to standard when in a group with people from standard, I would play leagues. It will never happen though due to cross server trades and league items.

Plus since I love to try different builds all the time, it helps to be able to bank certain uniques for levelling and to try some end game builds with, for example I'm currently trying out a RF build and just finished levelling a Pillar of the caged god builds. I lose interest in levelling past 80 and mostly delete/bench characters there.
"
JIIX wrote:
There are more people in standard than people playing nemesis + hardcore. Back in open beta, it was 9:9:3:1 between Anarchy/Standard/Onslaught/Hardcore.

I play in standard because

5. I don't want to lose XP to desync :)
I will be staying in standard once all my Domination characters get put there, as will the few people I know who still play. As someone said earlier why would I want to reroll all my characters every few months. I have limited time to play after work each day and I haven't even finished off the characters I have now. The only thing I might do is roll a character in the new hardcore league whatever that will be. All the alt+F4 and logging out in that league really puts me off though so I might not even bother.
Unless they introduce a "self-found league" I will probably stay in Standard when Domination ends as well. The following 4 reasons sums it up nicely, imo.

"
JIIX wrote:

Besides, if I'm ever gonna get my own crafted super bow, I'll need alot more than 4 months, it seems.. ;)
https://soundcloud.com/anderswg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info