Who cares about standard?

"
JIIX wrote:

I play in standard because
1. Playing self-found takes a long time.
2. I don't give a damn about hardcore.
3. I don't give a damn about the economy.
4. I don't give a damn about competing against other people.

+1
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
xahanort wrote:
it's not fun to play [...] economy

Fixed it for you. Seems, that 4 months leagues are obsession of tradecore gamers.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
JIIX wrote:
There are more people in standard than people playing nemesis + hardcore. Back in open beta, it was 9:9:3:1 between Anarchy/Standard/Onslaught/Hardcore.

This^ is what aRPGs were always about, for many. Originally the majority, possibly still so if truth be known and modern models didn't discourage and exclude. It was in fact the original way to play.

Resetting ladders were a result of unintended things. Duping, botting, D2jsp, free trade systems existing when global social media became a thing, and therefore accelerated gearing and levelling.

For some reason, GGG thought this bastardised result was the aRPG genre, they created a game that emulated that, in full.

For many, though, the original aRPG play style is alive. Long term, self-found, often solo, without giving a damn for competition. There is a shared goal between these players and their opposites, they both want to progress. The difference is, while one wants to progress asap and reach the ultimate power, the end, the other wants to be forever getting closer to the end but never, ever reach it.

4 month leagues are something that can never interest this play style, why would it?
It isn't because, as OP says, they want to hang on to this huge wealth (they have probably never seen an eternal), it is because they have no reason to reset what is in the long term perspective, a very young account, even after 1000's of hours.

+1
I'm playing in Domination just because I started a month ago and that was the default league, will play my charachters in Standard when they roll there. The new 4 month league looks cool, but I doubt I'll give more than a quick try...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Dj_Meltdown wrote:
"
JIIX wrote:
There are more people in standard than people playing nemesis + hardcore. Back in open beta, it was 9:9:3:1 between Anarchy/Standard/Onslaught/Hardcore.

5. I don't want to lose XP to desync :)

Wat? You still lose XP in Standard.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
danisonxtc wrote:
"
Axylxys wrote:

I just don't see the point, when most of the interesting build and optimization this game has to offer involve months of efforts to gather the needed items.

good quote.
i am "working" since like 150 days on my reaver :)

Meanwhile, a buddy and I have been rocking low life builds, without Shav's/Ming's/Solaris Lorica/[insert "required for build" item here], making use of "sub-optimal" gear and still MELTING FACES due to build decisions that assumed we would need to "complete" our builds without access to the "build enabling" items. I have maybe 40 hours, total, of /played time on that character, it is level 71 and running maps up to 70 right now.

Repeating myself from another thread: "Build enabling" seems to mean "item allows for any mouthbreather with no theorycraft skills to slap on the gear and be 'viable' as [insert niche build here]". Yes, that is 100% my "hardcore gardener" opinion, supported by my own success at making said niche builds without access to what so many others see as "required".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info