Who cares about standard?

I will not play standard as it is beneath me and the rats that crawl below my ghetto house

real men play new leagues

oh btw, I gave away all my items, all 1000ex+ worth of stuff and it felt liberating not caring about what if's....

see you scrubs in the new league and not the little boys

kakaka ^_^
Last edited by sandnegroid on Feb 15, 2014, 11:01:01 PM
"
You know what's hilarious about these sorts of threads? All anyone cared about with Open Beta was 'no more wipes', i.e. Standard becoming Standard, no more losing gear or characters.

Now somehow we have this pervasive mentality that not only are wipes good, you're only a 'real' player if you embrace them.

Seriously, this player base from CB to now has gone through some crazy and to me pretty irrational transitions. You probably can't even call what we have now the same player base, not judging by how many times I've literally wiped my friends' list and started over due to the comings-and-goings-and-not-coming-backs.

Who cares about Standard? GGG do. Without it, the game would have flopped ages ago.

This again from @Charan, simple explanation in it's own perfection. Embrace it +1
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
xahanort wrote:
Who cares about standard? people with lots of exalts and people who are lazy. To the lazy people who might say: oh but I have a wive/kid/hand/dog/mom to take care of, can't really play that much. I know a guy in my poe group who has a kid, a wife, a job and still plays nemesis. Yes, he plays the 4 months. Why? Because he's not a whiny baby like 30% of the population of this game. Don't be salty. People who play standard are the DENNIS of PoE. At least the ones who are lazy.

Interesting. I haven't see people WHINE about playing in Standard - they just do it. The only one whining about them playing in Standard seems to be you, using a highly questionable standard of laziness (playing video games a lot makes you non-lazy whereas dedicating that time to your job or kids makes you lazy). You seem to imply that Path of Exile is not only a job (which itself is already strange) but the only job worth doing (which is...well, stupid).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
to me, comparing standard and the 4mth leagues is the same as comparing poe to diablo
cos they are a different game altogether (diff eco, diff features)
"
xahanort wrote:
Who cares about standard? people with lots of exalts and people who are lazy. To the lazy people who might say: oh but I have a wive/kid/hand/dog/mom to take care of, can't really play that much. I know a guy in my poe group who has a kid, a wife, a job and still plays nemesis. Yes, he plays the 4 months. Why? Because he's not a whiny baby like 30% of the population of this game. Don't be salty. People who play standard are the DENNIS of PoE. At least the ones who are lazy.

P.s. Being rich is still a lame excuse, I am rich in normal hardcore and I don't play it because it's lame. And I_NO (using you as an example, because you pretty much sum it up in terms of what a good poe player is), despite being rich in "poop"-league, plays domination. Why? Because it's not fun to play in a broken economy where half my party would be opop.

No copy pasterino

"people who are lazy" lol

im intending to play both standard and 4mth leagues. this is a game. i dont get paid to play. i play when i feel like it. i dont have a timetable to follow.

rofl "people who are lazy". u need some professional help on your addiction
"
sandnegroid wrote:
I will not play standard as it is beneath me and the rats that crawl below my ghetto house

real men play new leagues

oh btw, I gave away all my items, all 1000ex+ worth of stuff and it felt liberating not caring about what if's....

see you scrubs in the new league and not the little boys

kakaka ^_^

Where are you at on this one support? If any comments worth a probation or whatever it should be posts like this.
Standard Forever
I play on standard and will stay on it for a single reason: build enablers.

I don't like playing most of the build with basic skills and i only enjoy complicated combination or builds involving several fairly are/expensive build enablers.

Playing on a new league means either play for a month or two with a character i don't enjoy until i can afford the stuff i want to make my real character, or play the character from the start with no gear and having to suffer through an horrible level experience because i won't have anything to make the build work.

Either way it's not appealing at all.

I just don't see the point, when most of the interesting build and optimization this game has to offer involve months of efforts to gather the needed items. Playing random double strike buid #2978372 with BOR is not my thing and will never be. I'd rather stay on standard and think about the myriad of builds i can try and tests i can do with the collection of uniques in my stash and every patch opening new possibilities.

Good thing is, i couldn't care less about legacy and "hardcore". I don't have legacy items (ok, rainbowstriders lol) and i don't mind, if i need them i'll grind them out. Everything is affordable given enough time and effort put into it, i would be bored if i didn't have something to look forward.

One thing is sure, if they ever remove permanent leagues or make them boring to play, it will be game over for me. The whole "restart every 4 months" idea is the complete opposite of what i enjoy.
standard is the only league that counts :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
Axylxys wrote:

I just don't see the point, when most of the interesting build and optimization this game has to offer involve months of efforts to gather the needed items.

good quote.
i am "working" since like 150 days on my reaver :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Last edited by danisonxtc on Feb 17, 2014, 2:03:22 AM
Who cares about your opinion?

I don't
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info