Who cares about standard?

from what i can tell alot of my friends and some prominent birdies i know are considering not participating in the new leagues and will just stay in standard.

4 month resets are nice to have and all that when you are in high school or college and can afford the 6+ hours a day of free time to build a solid foundation in said leagues

(the first month of the leagues really will determine your overall wealth on exit)

my college days are over ,im a full timer now so i cant put the 6+ hours this game demands to do well in the leagues.

another thing to consider is that most people considered domination to be rather disappointing.

the shrines in general were generic and the unique league only items for domination were either shit or so hard to get that a normal person would never get them.

i consider my self a pretty serious gamer , and I only ever got one berek's respite. Got plenty of the worthless berek's pass. And the Gull is a piece of shit.

it is hard to justify giving up wealth in standard with the knowledge that the so called league only perks are far more glitz than substance.

as I told a fellow Birdy .. the new league mods would have to be life changing for me to be bothered with it.
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585334

"
Here's some data on how players are distributed between the leagues. We're pleased to see high engagement with the new challenge leagues and are pleased that Nemesis is performing better than any of our other hardcore leagues ever have:

Domination: 51.3%
Nemesis: 20.5%
Standard: 25.6%
Hardcore: 2.6%

So Standard alone has more players than both HC leagues combined. It would seem more people care about standard then HC.

HC modes have always been for a niche group of gamers. This shouldn't be surprising at all.

bu on topic.

I play standard for a few reasons. for one i don't care about the economy(or more accurately the hive minds perception of it. I personally believe the differences between the two are minimal at best specially after the first month or so of a new league). I dont play these games to compete but to have fun smashing monsters faces in with a few friends. something I can easily do on standard. I hate wipes.
Always enjoy the new, the start and "getting strong" in games more than the actual endgame. That makes 4 month leagues best for me. Also i don´t care about anyone else "enjoyment" over my own. So yes, i don´t care a single *peep* about standard.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Feb 14, 2014, 3:18:31 PM
"
wira020 wrote:
As a nub, i'd rather play league and compete on equal grounds.

Who are you competing with exactly?
And what kind of "competition" is it really, when some people ( like me) aren't aware /don't care that there IS a competition?
Is it...who can get geared the best, first? Cuz that's stupid. The person the most skilled at economy simulators wins, not the ones good at the game. The drop rates for wel itemized things in this game is abysmal.
I don't get it.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 14, 2014, 4:19:06 PM
"
terrex wrote:
I think it's funny people hate on standard because other's have a lot of currency. Honestly, why does it matter what others have? Playing to please someone else or yourself? lol

Indeed. Just as much as it effects me that Bill Gates has a lot of money. It doesn't.

I don't understand this whine about Standard or legacy items. My game play is not affected by any of that. When I log into the game and join a group for map or start a solo map, why should I care if I'm in Domination or Standard? Why should I care that someone has a legacy Shavronne's or 1000 Exalted Orbs in his stash? None of that affects MY time in the game.
I wonder why so many people complain about standard that may not even play it. I'm fine to only play in standard, I play solo/selffound, have my items, my charas and I don't harm any other players. Standard is OK, could get rid of the XP loss due dying but I knoe people will instant complayin about this idea, even if it "only" is the "dumpster" league.
I've played in every league that has been available.

The communities are much different, that is for sure.

People who want to make rag on standard are just doing it because they think it will make them look superior for once in their lives.

The funny this is, the players in standard are like that too. They'll rag on anything to make themselves seem superior to others.

I guess, this game and it's community is all about trying to feel superior for once in your lives.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I <3 Standard League

It is the triple-filtered, ultra-refined, masterfully-aged world that is Wraeclast.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
I think it's funny people hate on standard because other's have a lot of currency. Honestly, why does it matter what others have? Playing to please someone else or yourself? lol

Indeed. Just as much as it effects me that Bill Gates has a lot of money. It doesn't.

I don't understand this whine about Standard or legacy items. My game play is not affected by any of that. When I log into the game and join a group for map or start a solo map, why should I care if I'm in Domination or Standard? Why should I care that someone has a legacy Shavronne's or 1000 Exalted Orbs in his stash? None of that affects MY time in the game.

The envy... It makes some soo butthurt for literally no other reason. :S So they trash talk, coming up with ridiculous reasons and excuses.
"
terrex wrote:

makes some soo butthurt for literally no other reason.

Anal fornication is no laughing matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info