[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

@Schluepfr: Very risky! It could work with Aegis for most of the time, but some enemies like Megaera, Piety (with hard mods), Vaal or Igna Phoenix will hurt.

@vip08: How much ES do you have currently? I'd definitely recommend to test the fight first in Standard, especially the three demons can be a bit tricky. Maxed Light Warp gem chain will help a lot in there, maybe you should GCP these if you can afford.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Schluepfr: Very risky! It could work with Aegis for most of the time, but some enemies like Megaera, Piety (with hard mods), Vaal or Igna Phoenix will hurt.

@vip08: How much ES do you have currently? I'd definitely recommend to test the fight first in Standard, especially the three demons can be a bit tricky. Maxed Light Warp gem chain will help a lot in there, maybe you should GCP these if you can afford.

7,3k ES atm.

here is my current gear for reference

theres no time to test it at standard though. I was thinking to get abetter wand with more cast speed and spec out of the cast speed nodes put them into reducing mana nodes so I can run 3 Auras

I will be at 8k Armor 7,4k ES and my tooltip says 1,5k DPS with incinerate.
Last edited by vip08 on Mar 23, 2014, 10:48:14 AM
My incinerate range is really short, how do you extend it?
with projectile speed
@vip08: Yes, definitely get all the auras running first. I'd also recommend to level your gems a bit more, the faster you kill the less chance your enemies have to kill you.
Gear-wise you should already be able to succeed the fight, you made it to 84 already so i'm sure you have the reflexes and knowledge how to adapt to the situations you will face in the apex.

Generally, don't underestimate the normal monsters in this map. Despite Apex being only a Lv70 map, even the Vaal Fallen in there can hit hard! The first line of bosses, double Vaal, shouldn't be much of a problem. The second Vaal gets frenzied and empowered if you kill one of them, i'd recommend just bring down both to low health and then kill (or cull with arc if you have space in your main gear) them.
The second rush, the three demons, are a bit trickier. I usually kill A'alai first, then Q'ura and Y'ara'az last. Bring lots of staunching flasks, use Light Warp to dodge their attacks and the degen ground, use spawning minions to refill flasks and you should be able to do it.
As for Atziri herself, i'd recommend just read into her mechanics if you haven't already.
Warp away from the Flameblasts/Storm Calls and don't attack the one wearing Atziri's Mirror, when she splits into four. Saffell's Frame may help in here, i haven't really tested it yet.

@topic: I've slightly updated the endgame tree for more DPS, and also added the current IR Aegis version i'm running. Also tested Lv3 Empower vs. Iron Will, and came to the conclusion Iron Will is the better choice (ignore Empower in my linked gear, i forgot to take it out).
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 23, 2014, 6:52:43 PM
Almost reeped to the first phase. I keep getting stunlocked huge problem
"
vip08 wrote:
Almost reeped to the first phase. I keep getting stunlocked huge problem

Hm not good to hear this, never happened to me. One thing you could try is taking out the CwS triggers, so your char won't cast EC/IC like crazy, or switch CwS completely for EC/IC to CwDT.

Edit: Changed the gem order a bit for easier colouring and added something i was testing for a while. Running a low level Clarity will greatly help eliminating possible mana problems while spamming Incinerate, just keep around 100 mana unreserved. Works fine everywhere besides No Regen maps, of course.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 23, 2014, 11:20:43 PM
What do you think of the ghostreaver build you posted? does it work better also would it be doable with an cybils paw?
"
vip08 wrote:
What do you think of the ghostreaver build you posted? does it work better also would it be doable with an cybils paw?

It's undeniably more powerful. I've built it around the elemental leech from Atziri-exclusive uniques, but a Life Leech gem will work aswell. On a 5L, use Incinerate - Mana Leech - Life Leech - LMP - Faster Casting, add Added Chaos if you get a 6L. Cybil's won't work as it provides Life on Hit, but Ghost Reaver only applies Life Leech to ES.

Most important for the build are a leveled Grace and a very high char level. I tried to break down a version for your level which would work, though i think it still misses some important nodes:

The biggest problem is you are bound to survive through Aegis/Leech. You will also lose the stun protection from heart of Oak. Haven't tested Atziri with this new version yet, so i can't say how big the loss of constant ES regen cuts in.

I'm currently sitting on 7.8k ES and 26k Armour with the linked gear, and my gear isn't even optimized (no Ev/ES). Already got an even more extreme version planned out, but that one won't work in new leagues as it requires an old 4-month league unique. Will take probably one month of constant Dominus farming til i can afford it, here's a little teaser what you guys can expect:

Spoiler
twitch.tv/enki91
Will try to get a 6linked ev/es armor first after that i'll try the build out.

I do have a fairly decent one ill try to 6slot lottery it the next few days and try get a 5link atleast.

I'm just concerned if life leech is strong enough to be better than life regen
Last edited by vip08 on Mar 24, 2014, 3:27:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info