[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

Hello, welcome to my CI Incinerate guide!

This is one of the older, still updated Incinerate guides in this forum, and goes a slight different way than most of the others. My intention was to create a char to level high relatively fast, while being able to survive the lagspikes and screenfreezes i always get.

The build combines Chaos Innoculation, Maxblock, Aegis Aurora and Incinerate to create a really safe-to-play, tankable spellcaster. It was proven HC-viable in both Invasion (pre-Invader nerf) and Beyond, with players reaching Lv90+.

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Passive Tree

2. Bandit Rewards

Kill All
Kill All
Kill All

3. Gems

Spoiler
Our main skill. Only a 4L is needed for the mandatory setup, experiment between Fire Pen/Faster Proj/Added Light/whatever else if you got more links.

Spoiler
Grace for a big Armour boost with IR to compliment Aegis, the other three should be self explanatory.

Spoiler
Since we're not using US/Chayula, CwS > CwDt. Level Endu Cry/Immo Call as high as your Strength allows, Inc Duration should easily go to 20.

Spoiler
Blood Rage provides free 15% Cast Speed in form of Frenzy Charges. Vaal Discipline gives a huge, additional ES buffer when needed. Inc Duration maximizes the duration of both. Empower gives some more ES with Vaal Disc, but you can also switch it with Vaal Haste, a low level quality Arctic Armour or whatever else you find makes sense.

Spoiler
Herald of Thunder provides some additional DPS. Ele Weakness to overcome high resistant mobs and bosses.

Spoiler
Fast & reliable standard movement setup for any caster.

4. Equipment

Our main stats are Energy Shield, Evasion and Mana Regeneration Rate.
Strength rolls can save up to two nodes in your tree.

Spell Damage, Cast Speed and 1% Fire Leech is all you need. Fire Dmg%, Mana and Mana Regen are nice little extras.

Aegis Aurora, nothing else. A legacy version is not needed to successfully run this build, but of course it's better if you got the funds. The WED roll does nothing for us, just focus on a high Ar/ES roll.

Many choices here. An Ev/ES or pure ES Atziri's Splendour is great, but especially in new HC leagues rather unaccessible. A high ES chest, preferably hybrid with Evasion or Armour does the job too.

Vertex gives lots of Ev/ES and +1 to our flat auras, but once again probably not available in HC leagues for a while. Like chest, a high ES or Hybrid rare will do too.

ES and resistances is all you need. A Cast Speed corruption would top things off.

Rainbowstrides are BiS for us. Try getting a 25% block roll. Legacy ones are not needed, i just have a legacy pair.

Another item we need to reach high Spellblock. If you can, get some with +1% Fire Leech corruption.

Dream Frags is mandatory for mapping, else you'll get frozen all the time. It's also giving us lots of Mana and Mana Regen and some Cold Res.

For your second ring slot, focus on Resistances, Mana Regen and Mana. If it got a suffix open, add Elreons %-based ES mod.

Get either Granite or Jade flasks with Staunching and Warding (i know i got no Warding). Rumi's Concoction helps with maxing block, until you got all nodes on tree. Atziri's Promise is always good for extra DPS/leech. Fill the last slot with whatever you want, i like to have a Quicksilver with me.

5. Leveling

Elreon's prefix can help greatly while leveling. But as a downside, crafting proper jewelry with his Prefix will be expensive - but for leveling it's enough. It can be done completely without too, though!

Use a Cybil's Paw for leveling, until you get CI and Ghost Reaver.

6. Gameplay

Not much to say, Aegis+high block lets you facetank almost everything. Pop Rumis and/or your Granite/Jade for a fast ES replenishment.

Reflect is no issue at all, Lightning Thorns get mitigated by your spell block. Only thing to watch out for is Corrupted Blood and Puncture.

As for mapmods, you can't run Blood Magic and Half/No Regeneration - everything else is fine.

This build isn't optimized for Atziri, but it's not impossible to kill her. However, if your main objective is a cheap, effective Atziri-Farmer, you're better off with other Incinerate builds.

7. Videos

None yet, will record updated videos within the next days.

You can also check it out live at: twitch.tv/enki91poe

Thanks for reading my guide. Post questions and concerns in comments.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Nov 7, 2014, 2:59:49 PM
Added two new videos.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi.
Currently leveling your stormcall CI build. Level 47 for the moment. I am leveling incinerate gems and other if i want to switch to incinerate :-)
So far i have a question : Is stun a problem with CI in your build? or high block is enough to ignore stun effect?
"
fbiwky wrote:
Hi.
Currently leveling your stormcall CI build. Level 47 for the moment. I am leveling incinerate gems and other if i want to switch to incinerate :-)
So far i have a question : Is stun a problem with CI in your build? or high block is enough to ignore stun effect?

Stun is not really a problem in most cases, only times it can get dangerous is against map piety or megaera. For those bosses, better bring some stun recovery flasks. Other than that Molten Shell, EC+IC, block and your regen keep you safe while stunned.

I can only recommend switching to Incinerate soon, the clearing speed is so much better! Soloing one level per 2-3 days, depending how much i can play.
twitch.tv/enki91
Have you ever though of using Lightning Warp on CwDT gem? You can continue to incinerate while you warp and you wont lose those incinerate stages.
Last edited by Hostility00 on Feb 4, 2014, 5:19:48 PM
"
Hostility00 wrote:
Have you ever though of using Lightning Warp on CwDT gem? You can continue to incinerate while you warp and you wont lose those incinerate stages.

Nope, i personally don't like movement skills at all and haven't come into a situation yet where it would actually be benefitial. I'd imagine most of the time your char would just teleport out of the Rejuv Totem range. But if someone wants to give this a try, i'd suggest to put Light Warp into the CwS+EC+IC chain.
twitch.tv/enki91
- No stun immunity? Relying on cast when stunned items? Lose out on 3/4 of potential damage vs bosses and high hp mobs? Vuln maps = tedious as hell
- No life leech gem? You say aegis not needed and its cheap / noob friendly , then say its a must in no regen maps :S
- I believe gmp is better than lmp, bar a few circumstances (monsters a little far away like archers, but still doesnt matter when you hit stage 4 - if you did that is, which you dont most of the time because of stuns.
- ''Remove lmp for mana leech on no regen maps'' ... srsly? Thats a lot of aoe lost

How much have you played with this so far? With this build it seems avoiding no regen and vuln maps is a must, maybe even half regen.
"
bermalberist4 wrote:
- No stun immunity? Relying on cast when stunned items? Lose out on 3/4 of potential damage vs bosses and high hp mobs? Vuln maps = tedious as hell
- No life leech gem? You say aegis not needed and its cheap / noob friendly , then say its a must in no regen maps :S
- I believe gmp is better than lmp, bar a few circumstances (monsters a little far away like archers, but still doesnt matter when you hit stage 4 - if you did that is, which you dont most of the time because of stuns.
- ''Remove lmp for mana leech on no regen maps'' ... srsly? Thats a lot of aoe lost

How much have you played with this so far? With this build it seems avoiding no regen and vuln maps is a must, maybe even half regen.

Ironically, i'm currently uploading a No Regen + Vulnerability video ;)

I've solo'd with this build from 86 to 88 so far, it goes very well. Stuns are really no problem and you will reach Stage 4 Incinerate very often. Usually, you will kill everything before it even reaches you. Ranged stunners are a different story, did a Waste Pool earlier with Ranged+GMP+Vuln+Fleet, it took a bit longer if you got caught in a huge pack, but by that i mean 4-5s longer to kill the whole pack.

Leech is not needed, you will constantly regen 400+ ES per second, depending on what level your Rejuv Totem is and how much total ES you have. I played leech + VP in Anarchy and didn't like it. If you get some heavy lag in the wrong moment, you die. Simple as that.
LMP vs. GMP is personal preference, i prefer LMP for the lower mana multiplier.

Aegis is not needed and you can see it in the video, but yes it does limit you a bit. Without Aegis you will have to reroll No Regen maps, then again someone who can afford solo'ing high level mapping can usually also afford Aegis.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
bermalberist4 wrote:

Ironically, i'm currently uploading a No Regen + Vulnerability video ;)

I've solo'd with this build from 86 to 88 so far, it goes very well. Stuns are really no problem and you will reach Stage 4 Incinerate very often. Usually, you will kill everything before it even reaches you. Ranged stunners are a different story, did a Waste Pool earlier with Ranged+GMP+Vuln+Fleet, it took a bit longer if you got caught in a huge pack, but by that i mean 4-5s longer to kill the whole pack.

Leech is not needed, you will constantly regen 400+ ES per second, depending on what level your Rejuv Totem is and how much total ES you have. I played leech + VP in Anarchy and didn't like it. If you get some heavy lag in the wrong moment, you die. Simple as that.
LMP vs. GMP is personal preference, i prefer LMP for the lower mana multiplier.

Aegis is not needed and you can see it in the video, but yes it does limit you a bit. Without Aegis you will have to reroll No Regen maps, then again someone who can afford solo'ing high level mapping can usually also afford Aegis.

All good points, noted

Interested in this no regen vuln video :)
Added the No Regen + Vulnerability video.

Currently thinking of switching Added Chaos with Added Cold, this would give a second Dex slot and we could keep LMP in No Regen maps, which would drastically improve clearing speed in said maps. Gonna test how much impact this has on DPS when i have a 6L, still rockin' that good old 5L, haha!
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info