[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

alos how much armor rating do you sugest for lunaris temple?
because with POE builder i plan with the tree and the item i plan to have :
"
Effective Health
Life 964
Armour 2368
Evasion Rating 384
Energy Shield 3249

i guess 3200ES is quite enought for piety
(but how do you heal except the regeneration?) ( u can really tank piety with only 4% regen and 3k ES?)
but i guess 2350ARMOR is not enought?!

and how do you get so much mana regen without EB?

last thing why do you use faster casting gem isntead of faster projectile?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 18, 2014, 6:25:24 PM
@xenochaos1: I find EB/MoM overrated. Sure, it does make you bit tanky but you either need to ivnest lots of points to reach MoM or wear Cloak of Defiance, which is not really good defensive-wise.

I tried a MoM build with the current free respecs, and i find it not really tankier than the CI Aegis version.

3200 ES will be enough for Lunaris farming, Armour should be 4k+. Together with enough block chance it will keep you alive while burning down your enemies. If you avoid Piety's bigger attacks (Lightning Warp helps), you can easily survive without Aegis.

The mana regen you refer to was pre-1.1, where i specced into lots of mana regen and mana nodes and had clarity running, was at around 286 mana/s. But it doesn't really work with the new tree anymore, it's a few points short or would need Lv90+ to be effective - which is not realistic for most players. Mana Leech works way better and is earlier avaiable, and you had to use it in half/no regen maps anyway.

Faster Proj would just increase the range, while Faster Casting increases the casts per second and therefore overall DPS.

@Topic: I tested a few things and made some changes to the gem setup. I found with Added Chaos and Iron Will you can squeeze in Blood Rage without getting mana problems.

I also corrupted my chest and got this badass mod:

Will test a few more things once currency allows to, and will probably add 2-3 different versions of this build.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@xenochaos1: I find EB/MoM overrated. Sure, it does make you bit tanky but you either need to ivnest lots of points to reach MoM or wear Cloak of Defiance, which is not really good defensive-wise.

I tried a MoM build with the current free respecs, and i find it not really tankier than the CI Aegis version.

3200 ES will be enough for Lunaris farming, Armour should be 4k+. Together with enough block chance it will keep you alive while burning down your enemies. If you avoid Piety's bigger attacks (Lightning Warp helps), you can easily survive without Aegis.

The mana regen you refer to was pre-1.1, where i specced into lots of mana regen and mana nodes and had clarity running, was at around 286 mana/s. But it doesn't really work with the new tree anymore, it's a few points short or would need Lv90+ to be effective - which is not realistic for most players. Mana Leech works way better and is earlier avaiable, and you had to use it in half/no regen maps anyway.

Faster Proj would just increase the range, while Faster Casting increases the casts per second and therefore overall DPS.

@Topic: I tested a few things and made some changes to the gem setup. I found with Added Chaos and Iron Will you can squeeze in Blood Rage without getting mana problems.

I also corrupted my chest and got this badass mod:

Will test a few more things once currency allows to, and will probably add 2-3 different versions of this build.

and what about dominus? will i be able to do dominus?

and we dont link mana leech? i dont see myself tanking a boss with only 4% regen...
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 18, 2014, 10:42:16 PM
Spoiler

At lvl 67. I'm using Incinerate/LMP/Mana Leech/Added Chaos/Added Lightning for my 5L. I still have mana issues. I'm having to use 3 mana pots to keep incinerate going. Currently only running Vitality as an aura.

Really confused how I'm suppose to keep incinerate going. Seems like it's just going to get worse with a 6L.
Last edited by Daskar84 on Mar 19, 2014, 12:33:38 AM
@xenochaos1: Please read what i wrote about Dominus in the MF section. Of course you will have to use Mana Leech. And you have 4% regen + around 2.5% from Vitality with aura effectiveness.

@Daskar84: What's your current tooltip DPS? Added Chaos AND Added Lightning together will cost too much mana, switch Added Lightning for Iron Will. Once your gems reached a certain level and you have 2k+ Tooltip DPS, the spamming will go fluently.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 19, 2014, 3:54:09 AM
I've gotten enough currency to buy an Aegis Aurora, was just wondering what I should be looking for when looking for one. I'm assuming the elemental damage increase doesn't do anything right?
"
WhaleRum wrote:
I've gotten enough currency to buy an Aegis Aurora, was just wondering what I should be looking for when looking for one. I'm assuming the elemental damage increase doesn't do anything right?

Yep, the damage mod only applies to attacks, not spells. Just get the one with highest Ar/ES roll that you can afford.
twitch.tv/enki91
What's the point of blood rage? Is it just for the frenzy charges (CI means we are never low life, so no atk speed bonus and the life leech is only from phys damage)
"
MrMasamune wrote:
What's the point of blood rage? Is it just for the frenzy charges (CI means we are never low life, so no atk speed bonus and the life leech is only from phys damage)

Yeah, 15% increased cast speed with the three free frenzy charges each char has, boosting me to nearly 4k tooltip DPS now.
twitch.tv/enki91
Between your 50 point and 76 point leveling build.

You should ditch one of those 6% es nodes on the bottom of the ES Circle for the 8% to the left of Arcane focus for a zero sum skillpoint build with an additional 2% increased ES.
Last edited by SvK on Mar 19, 2014, 11:35:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info