[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

Just hit 80 today at invasion league. i really love this build it feels so tanky however i do have a concern.

apparently the taming prismatic ring doesnt exit in this league so how will i manage to get more deeps?
Heyo,

Can someone confirm that the life gained by the rejuvenation totem is converted to ES regen when you take zealot's oath? The wording in the wiki (which could easily be wrong) seems to indicate that only % based life regen is converted to % based ES regen, whereas rejuvenation totem is a fixed value healing source based on gem level.
@vip08: Dude, this makes me kinda proud :) Check the other rare ring i linked in first post, something like that with additional Fire Dmg% would be a great replacement, even better than Taming.

@MrMasamune: I can confirm this, and it even gets boosted by aura nodes/inner force. Without rejuv totem i got around 400 es regen, with 600+.
twitch.tv/enki91
heres my current gear for reference

im trying to decide wether to buy a gg wand or the aegis aurora first. i will lose abut 500-600es or so if i drop my shield for an aegis though.

can i gear using something like that?:
items:
Spoiler
MF ITEMS:
IIQ:
Perandus blazon
Goldwyrm

IIR:
Ring mf
Ring mf
goldrim
Amulet mf
iir gem
aurzeize
Reaper poursuit (switch)

and using a tree with this?:
was also wondering, since there is NO chaos damage in lunaris temple level 3, should i NOT go CI?,
this way i could :
-use aura on my life also
-use wondertrap
-skip the mana reserved node
-save nodes ( could allow Artic Armor with more mana regen node)(or more life regen)(or more shield block)
-keep using cybil paw for the LGOH
-allow pain attunement (idea from Enki91)

here what i would go: 190% ES, 4%life regen (w/ zealot)

will i be able to solo mf runs wiht no actual gear? except max res, ES shield, ES armor?WITH OUT SWITCHING GEAR from chest?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 17, 2014, 10:33:46 PM
@vip08: I'd recommend Aegis first, it will boost your survivability a lot.

A recent comment made me think again about Blood Rage, and i figured it can very well make up for missing cast speed on your wand. You could just use the new spell dmg recipe (wand, rare chain belt, whetstone) or alt a good spell dmg mod and hope to aug/regal two other good mods, and you're good to go.

@xenochaos1: Yes that can work, but i'd recommend to get Pain Attunement when you want to go Low Life. Lunaris has no chaos damage, but you will still sometimes run into chaos dmg exiles.

Gear swap is not needed in Lunaris, you can do the full runs in MF gear if your resistances are capped.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@vip08: I'd recommend Aegis first, it will boost your survivability a lot.

A recent comment made me think again about Blood Rage, and i figured it can very well make up for missing cast speed on your wand. You could just use the new spell dmg recipe (wand, rare chain belt, whetstone) or alt a good spell dmg mod and hope to aug/regal two other good mods, and you're good to go.

@xenochaos1: Yes that can work, but i'd recommend to get Pain Attunement when you want to go Low Life. Lunaris has no chaos damage, but you will still sometimes run into chaos dmg exiles.

Gear swap is not needed in Lunaris, you can do the full runs in MF gear if your resistances are capped.

should i skip armor? and go purely ES? if its only for piety?
AND from:
"
-use wondertrap
-save nodes ( could allow Artic Armor with more mana regen node)(or more life regen)(or more shield block)

do you have any recommendation? like is going AA worth it? or Cybil paw? is the IIQ from goldwyrm better than the IIR from wondertrap? is 4% life regen enought? or do i need more ? what would you get after ?(from the tree i posted)? is more block needed?(i could easily get 4% more)(but is investing in AA or more life regen a better idea), maybe boost my aura effect to get more ES from discipline? etc?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 17, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
AND from:
"
-use wondertrap

do you have any recommendation? like is going AA worth it? or Cybil paw? is the IIQ from goldwyrm better than the IIR from wondertrap? is 4% life regen enought? or do i need more ? what would you get after ?(from the tree i posted)? is more block needed?(i could easily get 4% more)(but is investing in AA or more life regen a better idea), maybe boost my aura effect to get more ES from discipline? etc?

No, Armour is still needed. It will already mitigate all the phys damage in Lunaris enough, AA is not really needed at all. But when going Low Life you could run Clarity and could support a lower level AA.

As you go for low life, you'll still be ES based and so Cybil's Paw wouldn't be a good choice. Just get a good wand or maybe even Redbeak (whatever provides you with more damage).

I personally prefer Goldwyrm, but that depends on your total setup. If you use IIQ rings instead of Andvarius, Wondertrap will be a good choice to get beyond 400 iir.

Block is always a good choice, aura effect too, invest in both. Keep in mind you'll get more Regen from Vitality+aura effect, it will definitely be enough for Lunaris with 50% block chance.
twitch.tv/enki91
Levelling 40-70 in safe zones, I found that swapping item rarity in for faster casting (and chucking faster casting in the second weapon set so I still got the XP) helped with the mana issues and pulled a fair bit more loot too, making it that much easier to get good gear on hitting end game. Dps drop is noticeable for sure, but being able to keep an aura up and not running out of mana on every second pack of mobs made a big difference.
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
AND from:
"
-use wondertrap

No, Armour is still needed. It will already mitigate all the phys damage in Lunaris enough, AA is not really needed at all. But when going Low Life you could run Clarity and could support a lower level AA.

As you go for low life, you'll still be ES based and so Cybil's Paw wouldn't be a good choice. Just get a good wand or maybe even Redbeak (whatever provides you with more damage).

I personally prefer Goldwyrm, but that depends on your total setup. If you use IIQ rings instead of Andvarius, Wondertrap will be a good choice to get beyond 400 iir.

Block is always a good choice, aura effect too, invest in both. Keep in mind you'll get more Regen from Vitality+aura effect, it will definitely be enough for Lunaris with 50% block chance.

"Increased effect of buffs on you" nodes also increase the mana drain of arctic armour.
so i might skip this one xD
OR
should i just go EB/MOM with Life build instead? this way i could also run AA easier?

skip this, i thought Avatar of Fire converted damage taken not damage dealt...
Spoiler
HEY I need you opinion on thsi too:
would taking : Avatar of Fire
with purity of fire and elemental adaptation and maybe (dimaond skin and fire resistance) nodes
to bring my fire resists to 82% and convert 50% of physicial/lightning/cold damage to fire make me invincible? add the reduce fire damage taken from AA and am I not invincible?
Would using purity of fire

We do no non-fire damage right? so it should work?

Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 18, 2014, 10:01:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info