[1.2] Whaitiri's HC-viable CI Aegis Incinerator

"
xAv3ng3Dx wrote:
Hi I am lvl 62 atm doing great and about to go in the direction of CI but I want to ask you mentioned having a flask to stop bleeding but when were on 1 hp wont we instantly die from it? The same goes for poison clouds?

With CI you will be immune to all chaos damage, means you can stand in poison clouds all day and get no damage at all. Bleed on the other hand will damage you, but it'll apply to Energy Shield first, once ES is down to 0 it would go on Life and ultimately kill you. But with all the regen this build has you usually have enough time to stop all bleeding with a flask.
twitch.tv/enki91
Using this build on my free respec 84 witch, and it is working very nice. This is with Aegis Aurora though, which by itself transforms a build from average to awesome, but it seems people do quite ok without it as well. I had to swap around a couple of points, taking the charisma nodes near Heart of Oak to get some more mana pool to work with, to cast curse and avoid a bit of the "I'm out of mana" spam. Thanks for the guide :)

Edit: One thing I am curious about though, is why you do not use Blood Rage? Free cast speed is always a good thing, IMO!

I seem to have some "free" gem slots, not sure what to do, I might move around gems a bit to have a free 4L, maybe for a third cast when stunned combo (but what to have there...another enduring cry to increase uptime, which is high already, or maybe something like cold snap or some other "crowd control" spell, any ideas? Maybe put curse on CWS link for ultimate laziness?

Here is the gear now, you see there are three gems there just for leveling purposes for now, those would be the "free" slots.

Last edited by Appren on Mar 16, 2014, 5:19:39 AM
"
Appren wrote:

Edit: One thing I am curious about though, is why you do not use Blood Rage? Free cast speed is always a good thing, IMO!

a) Incinerate is a spell so attack speed would not impact it.

b) CI prevents the attack speed from applying anyway (you are always at full life)
Last edited by SvK on Mar 16, 2014, 6:49:47 AM
"
Appren wrote:
Spoiler
Using this build on my free respec 84 witch, and it is working very nice. This is with Aegis Aurora though, which by itself transforms a build from average to awesome, but it seems people do quite ok without it as well. I had to swap around a couple of points, taking the charisma nodes near Heart of Oak to get some more mana pool to work with, to cast curse and avoid a bit of the "I'm out of mana" spam. Thanks for the guide :)

I seem to have some "free" gem slots, not sure what to do, I might move around gems a bit to have a free 4L, maybe for a third cast when stunned combo (but what to have there...another enduring cry to increase uptime, which is high already, or maybe something like cold snap or some other "crowd control" spell, any ideas? Maybe put curse on CWS link for ultimate laziness?

Here is the gear now, you see there are three gems there just for leveling purposes for now, those would be the "free" slots.

Hey there, glad you like the guide! :)

Your gear looks good, but i'd really recommend to use Reduced Duration with Lightning Warp - the instant teleport helps so much against Atziri, Igna Phoenix etc.

The reason i'm not using Bloodrage is, as weird as it sounds, the increased cast speed from Frenzy Charges. Sure, more cast speed is always good DPS-wise, but with the new leech mechanics we're already on a very thin line to be able to spam Incinerate, it even needs some mana regen investment to support the gem.
Getting even more casts per second through Frenzy Charges would in most cases break this line, and leave us with less dps as we couldn't spam anymore and lose Incinerate stacks.

I considered Bloodrage at one point and tested the 15% Cast Speed (with 3 free Frenzy Charges) vs 12% Cast Speed from Nimbleness and prefer the latter one. The bonus from Nimbleness is constant and will even be there in the worst kinds of scenarios, where a boss may not spawn any minions to gain Charges from.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 16, 2014, 9:48:42 AM
what do you think of this build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpeaBAuMRUEmyu9YsnDvh4vdtGacrwfOLeqKjf8Yc3MHFL52TJyy_7BgW87QMhq6P-sNtJjxGceq6Fdfb5-GIgwk8jteGRwYdqm-eV8lWY19qykoo-jeDwzrr7oLHpuubtVYtuJP56CymGYqsf6cIDH2Q1i2D-wmdro9GEH-XBvbaGmwdFMaexKIaj-Qi89360kw16XO74ylPZp4XL-OCKMX-uuw4gptxTWTnhtHnC_O-Otiaz1XWJLDesHy7TdhDY4CkJIuePIx2tzH3wVj1ncRwfamVGjJRYKEi9PiiQBGWcLvZEy9v

I should be able to run AA with it too
"
vip08 wrote:
what do you think of this build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpeaBAuMRUEmyu9YsnDvh4vdtGacrwfOLeqKjf8Yc3MHFL52TJyy_7BgW87QMhq6P-sNtJjxGceq6Fdfb5-GIgwk8jteGRwYdqm-eV8lWY19qykoo-jeDwzrr7oLHpuubtVYtuJP56CymGYqsf6cIDH2Q1i2D-wmdro9GEH-XBvbaGmwdFMaexKIaj-Qi89360kw16XO74ylPZp4XL-OCKMX-uuw4gptxTWTnhtHnC_O-Otiaz1XWJLDesHy7TdhDY4CkJIuePIx2tzH3wVj1ncRwfamVGjJRYKEi9PiiQBGWcLvZEy9v

I should be able to run AA with it too

The loss of ES, ES regen, block and armour will really hurt. The 30% shield defense nodes are pretty bad IMO, better invest it into more ES. Steady Hands is pretty bad too, Incinerate has a built-in safety mechanism that already prevents you from losing stacks when being interrupted shortly. The proj speed nodes aren't good either, switch them with the three 10% spell dmg nodes in witch starter area.

Other than that, it can work at but you'll definitely have to level beyond 90 to make it fully work like that. It is a bit better on offense, but worse on defense.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
SvK wrote:
"
Appren wrote:

a) Incinerate is a spell so attack speed would not impact it.

b) CI prevents the attack speed from applying anyway (you are always at full life)

Frenzy charges also give cast speed.

As for the comment from the OP, I can see that he'll get mana issues with even faster cast speed, even with my 5L (and 241 free mana) I sometimes get out of mana on single mobs especially.

@Reduced Duration: Good idea, I'll start to level if in an offslot for now, will try it out.
Last edited by Appren on Mar 16, 2014, 11:47:59 AM
you have all these gems listed but not where they go. what goes in hat shield and gloves. I am trying to figure out how what gems i need to trade for and what to level up first. Also im in ambush leauge and want to go for a MF build. MY total goal is to be able to do level 78 maps and live.

Your curse. I linked Portal in here so it profits from FCR. I recommend quality on Elemental Weakness and FCR.

Your movement skill. It doesn't just help with fast MF runs, but whenever fast movement is required (Queen Atziri). I recommend quality on all of them.

Your first defensive trigger. CWS will proc very often due to CI and block. Molten Shell is not meant as additional damage source, but for the Armour boost it provides. Rejuvenation Totem adds a great amount to your ES regen with Zealot's Oath. I recommend Quality on Increased Duration and Rejuvenation Totem.

Your second defensive trigger. If it procs in the right time, you will be invulnerable to heavy physical hits, assuming they surpass your block. I recommend quality on Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

Verified

Your auras. Determination boosts Armour, Discipline boosts ES, Vitality boosts ES regen/s. No quality needed.

These gems are only for situational use. Purity of Lightning is good against Vaal and Temple Piety, Purity of Fire against Megaera and Igna Phoenix. Purity of Elements is for Elemental Weakness maps, unless you still got your resistances capped here.
From the post "One lucky night":

"Nice build, I may use it as a base. How do you deal with mana though?

Seeing as it's a new league CI with Arm/ES gear may be hard. I plan to craft an Arm/ES chest anyway so I guess if that turns out with high ES I might use your build. I was thinking about using it with a life based build though so I could respec my current Scion."
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
@nitro1914: Incinerate goes into your chest. Curse and Light Warp go into Wand and Shield. The other three gem chains go into Helmet/Gloves/Boots as they need the same colours (RRRB) anyway. If you can't roll RRRB on Rainbowstride (high Int requirement), put Light Warp into them and roll RRB on your shield for CWS - Endu Cry - Immortal Call.

Important gems to level is everything in the Incinerate chain, your curse, the Light Warp chain, Rejuvenation Totem and the Aura chain.

@Mr_G: Mana is a bit tricky, after using the q20 recipe on my Mana Leech gem i noticed it's hard to keep up a 6L Incinerate until Mana Leech is around Lv15. I'd recommend either try to get a leveled Mana Leech gem (Lv10 should be enough for 5L), or use a secondary skill to level your gem fast.

I used to have this build running without Mana Leech, had around 280 Mana/s, but it was impossible to squeeze this into the new tree without dropping something important. And you still had to switch to a Mana Leech gem for half/no regen maps too.

Here's a life based scion version you could try:

First link is the 120pt version, and second what i'd respec into at Lv81. One point goes into Oak reward in normal.

Tbh i'm not that experienced with Life based builds, so you may still can refine it a bit.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 17, 2014, 11:07:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info