[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

The penalty removal + the armour. Faster movment speed helps me when i go in town sell to vendor go back in the area to get more rare items dropped from the boss again back to town and the vendor and again and again. It helps. But if you have problems with damage/life you might want to spend the points to fix those issues. But don't forget that vs Piety you don't really need armour but that's not the case vs Dominus!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Alright I've been farming piety but every now and then I have massive amounts of trouble agaist the people with the tits hanging out (Don't know their name) heres my gear and heres my passive skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtCZYOPBNMFCAYkRv6JJsl3yb4JyAnLzBPMHcxnjIJNZI26DpSPC09_EF0RmlHfkrITeNQR1hjWK9fP2BLYSFlTWWnbEZuaW6qcmxyu3Ttdit4DXrvgIqE2YTvhmCHKYjxjM-Vm5krn8ukGaZXps-nMKluq8W18rc-uc28n72Bvoq-p8APwQTBo8QVxPbGrsbY0EfSTeJh4urjn-sJ7w72SPdN_In-Cv6P

And heres my gear

My reses are as following 75-57-75 (With purity)

If you got any tips on how to avoid getting 1k of my hp taken away within a second.
Well just .. move away from their projectiles. When they attack they'll shoot at the same spot for some time. Kill them first... etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
replace 2hand weapon with soultaker of any quality, and take out blood magic gem and put in culling instead makes you safer in terns of regen not spend on casting leap slam and also enables you to use shield for more survieability.

also this guide should prolly also focus more on the aspect of farming dominus in a group since rarity and quantity increases for each group member. it could even demonstrate how groups run to dom place their portals and take turns rotating through to kill dom

LOVE the descriptions on the fights they are useful to all beginners.

i find it fun that you are using leap slam as dps skill but you would most likely find the culling better with lightning strike and multisrike linked as the attacks are a lot faster and hit multiple targets thus better culling.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Apr 3, 2014, 5:31:47 AM
I cull with Reaper's pursuit mate .. and with heavy strike and i cull only the boss. So using culling strike as a support is not useful for me .. at all.

I find using single target attack with multistrike extremely inefficient for Piety/Dominus runs because you end up overruned by their minions and you hit them instead of the bosses. That loses time, and run speed is something that you can't sacrifice for .. well for nothing in this case because you don't gain anything.

Running bosses in a full party is absolutely terrible idea. It's true that you get more IIR/IIQ but you spend more time and you split the loot so you end up with less currency per hour thus making party farming beyond pointless. And that's the reason why i don't explain/demonstrate party farming.

Soul taker + shield will increase the survivability ( i must note that i don't have problems in that area ) but significantly decreases the damage and farming speed ( even with the faster leap slamming speed due to the high attack speed of the Soul Taker). You get rid of the blood magic but there really isn't a very useful damage support gem to compensate for the big damage difference between a 2h weapon and a soul taker ( i.e. Added fire damage is terrible because both bosses have 75% fire res )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 3, 2014, 6:36:30 AM
"
Saw the video. I think that you really should try to get more life!

Also added the video wenlock ;)

Made some gear changes to compensate an Andy ring. Pushing over 200 iir now.
I would like more life, but as a strictly piety and some maps toon it's been doing fine.
Trying in invasion, when running Lunaris watchout for invader since you dont have max all resist
Amazing guide, really great stuff. The only problem is the music on those videos... jesus christ it was horrible.
Meow.
i'm sorry that i'm not into buttstep mate .. oh i mean .. dubstep... although wenlock is judging by his video :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 26, 2014, 3:16:32 AM
Started farming Piety at 72. Here's my gear:

Plan on upgrading to a 6-link Astral Plate first. I had this current chest already and managed to 5-link it in just a few fusings, so I'm using it for now. Need to work on jewelry upgrades as I can afford them, the quantity mod is expensive. Might do an armor helm eventually and maybe an axe with faster attack speed, but so far I'm doing just fine with the gear I have. Heavy Strike has 63% IIQ and 158% IIR.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info