[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

In my opinion it won't be that good. If you want to do it as a scion you'll need to spend 4 points to get to the Path of The Warrior and extra 5 points to get to the Harrier.
You won't need the 6% attack speed in the dueslist start and perhaps the 5 points between the start of the Duelist and the Master of the arena.

At that point you'll lose
- 12 life ( that's more actualy because it is multiplied to all the % life nodes)
- 20% life
- 1% life regen

And you'll get
+6% physical damage
+19% attack speed
+6% movement speed ( which you don't need )
+10% cast speed ( which you also don't need )

All seems ok so far but you'll need to respec 3 more points to go even

I would proably get rid of the Catalyse and the weapon elemental damage before it ( i used those for the flicker build because i had added fire damage too and the bonus in the end was very nice ) And the last respeced point.. that's difficult... maybe a 12% physical damage with axes

so in the end you'll lose
- 12 life
- 20% life
- 1% life regen
- 32% weapon ele damage ( not a big loss scales only with hatred.. so it's around 12% less total damage without them )
- 6% physical damage

And you'll get
+19% attack speed

It's not that bad.. you'll move faster with the extra attack speed and the killing speed would be more or less the same, but you'll lose some life.
So in the end it won't be that good but it would still be good enough. I guess i just prefer min-maxing.

IF you want to do the build as a scion.. i'd suggest this:
Take only the 6% attack speed in the Scion start
Get the physical nodes to get to the Path of the Warrior
Don't go to Harrier
And the 5th free point ( compared to the Duelist version ) spend for 8% life somewhere.

With such tree you'll have
+6% physical damage
-4% life
-12 life
-1% life regen

P.S.

I've optimized the tree abit so i end up with +10 str; +4% life; -10 dex
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 27, 2014, 8:13:35 AM
I've been using a standard DW blender build with 1 claw and it works just fine. Each run is about 3mins and I never die by running Piety
My IIQ/IIR: 90+/200+

Gears:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Gears i used on the first days farming her:
Spoiler

I dont even cap all 3 res, but the trick to facetanking her comes from the flasks.
We all know that she only uses 1 element at a time. One of that (fire) is a joke. So we just focus on dealing with her lightning and ice form.
I rarely use the lightning res flask since she does so little damage with it (as long as you know how to avoid getting killed)
for her ice form, i just simply use one ice flask at the moment RIGHT BEFORE she shots the 1st arrow, it should last UNTIL she fires the last one. (ice flask MUST have remove frozen and chill on use)
By using this method, Ive been facetanking her since the day i have very bad gear

The gems: Dual Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - IIR - IIQ

Why no blood magic? the helm provides 1% mana leech and 60% mana regen from the boots are just more than enough. So we can just use mana for Dual Strike

p/s: oh and i use the lightning flask as an armor boost if something goes wrong, too :)

Oh, and with the "old" gears, i was being able to farm Dominus, too. But i think Piety has very good loots and there's no need to do a 7mins run (which is harder and . . . lagger) - so i stick with Piety 3mins run :D

p/s2: i had 6k dps when i started to farm her.
Last edited by koros on Jan 27, 2014, 1:23:23 PM
You're gear kind of lacks rarity but ~3 mins per run is nice indeed. I would love to see a video :)

The blood magic is not for the boss fight it's for getting there. What do you use as a movement skill ?

I also see a problem with the Dual strike - it has no splash so it's a single target attack taht way - that means that it takes extra time to kill magic mob packs etc or you just skip them? Note that half of the loot usualy comes before even reaching Piety!

The Flask idea is actualy pretty good! I'll look into it!

P.S. here's a video of a speed Piety run ( no magic/rare monsters killed)
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3620070
That run took me 1 minute and 47 seconds.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 27, 2014, 1:47:03 PM
Oh, i use Leap Slam and WB for moving around ofcuz

I use meleee splash until i reach piety and switch to melee physical damage for faster kill (and leeching) becuz claw leech only benefit from physical damage

the reason i dont use a sixth gem is that if i use one, i can no longer sustain the mana cost, so if theres a sixth one, i would recommend the gem that have no mana multiplier (blind, mana leech and w/e)

and for the video, i dont think theres a need for that cuz we're melee class, we just charge in and hold the right button until something dies (LOL) - but the use of flask as i stated above is really important (for pack, if i have trouble, i would use the lightning flask which have the increased evasion effect for better defense)

For pack, i dont keep them, i usually kill blue pack and rare and the unique boss on the way to piety ofcuz (so far 3 alpha's howl from that unique boss already, so i always kill him lol, he doesnt drop that much, but when he drops something, its valuable, lol) - and for the mobs, to save time, i never kill rare with ES aura and rare that is the detonated dead guy cuz its annoying and take time as they running around. If i see a rare, i just leap slam into it and right click (by the time it dies, the surrounding mobs should die, too)

yeah, the loot divided equally between piety and the stuffs before reaching her. My best was 3 unique loots from piety on a kill :D im still working on the MF gears

For aura i used to use Hatred and Grace, but for now i replace Hatred by Purity of Elements for better defense. I think i'll still be fine for now with duo-andvarius becuz of the intant leech from he unique claw (remember that i already facetanking her using the flask trick since the very 1st day with shit gears, low res and somewhere around 3k health already :D)

Lastly, i would like to thank you for the wagon trick there, ive never known that until now ! ! ! (even though after all those neverending runs, we kind of have a sense of where we should head to and rarely lose our way, dont we? :))

For the record, ive never died to piety speedrun until now (how can i die when i have 87%res to the form she's in and i can never be frozen? ^_^)

Edit: ive uploaded 2 videos of the fights only becuz my comp cant handle long recording :(
Both use my old gears, one with blind gem and the other without it. So it means we can use a 5L + claw and that's all ever needed for this lady :)
Blind gem is a huge boost in term of defence. She rarely hits me in her ice form

Spoiler

No blind gem
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/sv5lsfCLf_o

With blind gem
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/wgD8xWxyapI
Last edited by koros on Jan 27, 2014, 10:07:21 PM
For some reason i was expcting faster kill :P ... but it's fine it's fast enough. The blind gem really helps.. too bad that i don't have a place for it.

About the auras i would like to give you an advice - i don't see a reason to use Grace for Piety runs, after all she has pretty much no physical damage and the monsters before you reach her should not be a threat at all.

Oh and just one more thing - get a Reaper's Pursuit if you can and cull her with it. After all it's + 30-40% more Rarity ;)
Im doing just fine for now :D

Today's loots after 2hours endless run:
1GCP
1 Alpha's Howl
2 Blooddance
30+ chaos
load of other worth selling uniques and chromes, alc, alt, ect. . .

Oh, and i chanced one Infernal Mantle. Sadly it wasnt Shav's :( but i got the archivement and that cool enough LOL

Oh and for Grace, i need it cuz of my playstyle i guess. I usually tank 2 or 3 packs and 2 or 3 rares all together to save time. Sometimes there are 3 rare titty bitches all stand so close together and Grace somehow will keep me up, more or less ^_^

And bout faster kill, well, tbh, im no longer invest into this char, maily use it for farming :D so i think its good enough :D btw, all the gears hes wearing are the loots from piety and dominus runs except for the Bloodseeker.

I dont want to leech from new players the way the lowballers do, so I just keep on farming until i get what i want :)
Last edited by koros on Jan 28, 2014, 5:14:10 AM
Well after all who knows best for your own build/playstyle than you :)
Oh NM I'm dumb!
Last edited by alanlee222 on Jan 28, 2014, 5:06:44 PM
Indeed. That would be the case if the leap slam and the supported gems for it were in my weapon. But they are not
The leap slam gems are in my chest so i can make the kill with whatever weapon i want, and of course i want to do it with the Reaper's Pursuit for the extra Item Rarity that it has.

P.S. Anyway i saw that you've realized that yourself :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 28, 2014, 5:08:51 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
In my opinion it won't be that good. If you want to do it as a scion you'll need to spend 4 points to get to the Path of The Warrior and extra 5 points to get to the Harrier.
You won't need the 6% attack speed in the dueslist start and perhaps the 5 points between the start of the Duelist and the Master of the arena.

At that point you'll lose
- 12 life ( that's more actualy because it is multiplied to all the % life nodes)
- 20% life
- 1% life regen

And you'll get
+6% physical damage
+19% attack speed
+6% movement speed ( which you don't need )
+10% cast speed ( which you also don't need )

All seems ok so far but you'll need to respec 3 more points to go even

I would proably get rid of the Catalyse and the weapon elemental damage before it ( i used those for the flicker build because i had added fire damage too and the bonus in the end was very nice ) And the last respeced point.. that's difficult... maybe a 12% physical damage with axes

so in the end you'll lose
- 12 life
- 20% life
- 1% life regen
- 32% weapon ele damage ( not a big loss scales only with hatred.. so it's around 12% less total damage without them )
- 6% physical damage

And you'll get
+19% attack speed

It's not that bad.. you'll move faster with the extra attack speed and the killing speed would be more or less the same, but you'll lose some life.
So in the end it won't be that good but it would still be good enough. I guess i just prefer min-maxing.

IF you want to do the build as a scion.. i'd suggest this:
Take only the 6% attack speed in the Scion start
Get the physical nodes to get to the Path of the Warrior
Don't go to Harrier
And the 5th free point ( compared to the Duelist version ) spend for 8% life somewhere.

With such tree you'll have
+6% physical damage
-4% life
-12 life
-1% life regen

P.S.

I've optimized the tree abit so i end up with +10 str; +4% life; -10 dex

I like your analysis. If you don't mind me throwing things at you, what about getting some defense related nodes in the maurader area (since you're close by anyways)? maybe also pick up blood magic so that you get an extra gem slot. That is 3 wasted nodes, but another gem might make up for that.

koros is also making me consider dual wield in order to branch out and do occasional maps with the friends. Does this build work well for doing things in groups?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info