[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

Oh okay, thanks for answering.

I've tried a few magic builds but this one is the most enjoyable by far.

Most magic find builds either say FlameBlast or Summoner.
and I really like how you detailed the piety runs for us..
This is imo how guides should be.

Thank you (:
Hey guys!
Just wanted to tell you that this build will be updated in the Awakening as a Malachai farming build.
It seems that he drops very good amounts of loot but mos importantly he has a waypoint right next to him so killing>looting>repeat will be so much easier compared to Dominus and Piety where you need to actually travel from the waypoint to the boss ( which takes more than half of the time per run ).

EDIT:
Hmmm actually it will be a bit harder because you'll have to kill all mini-bosses before you can kill Malachai ... so it might not be the best boss for farming. We'll see
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 8, 2015, 7:04:23 AM
Excited to see what you come up with either way.
Well so far i've tried the new bosses ( and the old once ) and this is what i think at this point.

Now Dominus and Piety ... i don't see any changes there ... same loot .. it takes the same time to kill them ... and Dominus still drops probably the most items per kill.

Malachai ... Malachai drops fine amounts of loot .. but it takes way too much time to kill him and he kills me plenty of times to make that the time per kill even longer. I wouldn't recommend farming Malachai at this point.

Daresso - again ... it takes too much time to kill him, the chance that he will kill you is high and he doesn't really drop that many items to justify all that. So Daresso is a no go.

Kaom - now Kaom is awesome and at this point i think that he is the best boss for farming with this build ( which i haven't updated yet .. i know guys and i'm sorry .. but i will eventually ). Kaom drops as many items as Dominus ( or slightly less ) but it is faster to get to him and he is easier to kill ( no phases, mini-bosses etc. ) Leap slamming to him is extremely easy because in the area there aren't many obstacles for your leap slam. And on top of that you dont have to worry about any resist besides fire. So yeah .. so far this one is my favorite!

Voll - Voll farming is fast and easy but he just doesn't drop enough item. I don't know ... maybe it's just some crazy coincidence and a RNG joke ... but while Kaom drops between 25-30 rares per kill, Voll drops between 10-15. Maybe further testing is required but to me it seems that Voll isn't good enough for farming.

So yeah ... that's it for now guys.

Oh and until i update the guide .. here is my skill tree at the moment...very unoptimized but i haven't got much time to play with this character ... but it can give you a general idea of what to do:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwFLQd1CZYTTBPJFCAUcRXsF-EaPhznHpQhVSb4JyAs-zB3MfsyCTWSOQ464T38QKBHfkrITeNOMlBHWGNZ_l4TXzlfP2EhZFJlTWWnajtsRm6qbztybHTtdn92rHfjeA15aHrve3R7jHvDfNl-4H_jggeC5ITEhNmE74VSh2qKIoqvivCMz5ARkGyXeZstnlemV6knqW6plK2NrlC18rkdvTa-p8AawKbBBMGjxFjEgsqQz37Yvdlh2Xzawdw94mHkUelG6hjrCe8O8i_yQfJF9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==?accountName=KorgothBG&characterName=TheMonkeyKingBG

and my gear atm:
Spoiler

The damage is around 25k and the life around 4k ( i think ) only the fire res is capped though for Kaom i don't really need anything else and i actually consider dropping some resistance nodes.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How are you feeling about the tree so far, Korgoth? Is it ready to go?

I'll have to optimize mine for an axe, but otherwise I'm looking forward to farming again.
Well yeah. My previous post pretty much sums up everything new.
Hey Korgoth -

Updated my tree today to see where I ended up and the only issues I noticed is that I was lacking about 30 int which I was quickly able to fix with a new amulet and I can no longer run 3 auras (which doesn't matter, my resistances are way over cap). I'm sure it can become more optimized with time, but overall it's pretty close to the 1.3 build in terms of stats.
Yup it is pretty much the same.
In my case .. i was able to boost my dps because i realized that i can use my disfavor axe instead of keeping it in my stash gathering ash.
Hello, please, update your guide, it's very cool to leave it unoptimized for awakening
@kebal
Well pretty much everything new is summed up in my long post on this page. Unlike most guides this one requires tons of testing to be accurate and unfortunately i just don't have the time nor the desire to do that right now.
If anyone has any questions i'll answer them as soon as possible of course ;)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 17, 2015, 5:58:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info