[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

My current gear:

Hi, i've going to try u'r piety/MF build, my current skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtB3UNzRQgFewaPhzOHpQhVSSLJyArUCz7Mgk0jjWSOzs8LT0PQKBHfkz_UEdR5l4TXz9gS2EhZU1nm2jya9lsRnJscql07Xasd1N343gNeu98u3zZffWE2YTvhjuHaooikGyZK5stnleexaIAqSepbqmUrY2uPq9stfK3PrkdvTa9gb6KvqfAZsCmwL_EFcT2xq7KkM9-2L3ZYdw95FHqGO8O8B_yL_cy_gr-VA==

Bandits:8% resists, +18% dmg, kill all.
I've got still 13 points to spend(i'll also refund 3 points later).
How should i spend them best?
I got good resistances with my gear and nodes, but 3289 life looks pretty bad, since i've got -60% chaos res, and 823 armour.
I'm planning to change my rings(cause my res looks even overcaped for piety), for rings with better IIQ, and after them i'd like too change my gloves.
Damage with leap slam-8,5k
60% IIQ, 124%(with reaper's pursuit) IIR w/o flask.
MB i should change CWDT-it's useless combo, as i think.
Haven't yet decided about the rest of gems.
Last edited by Lord_Benway on Jun 23, 2015, 11:09:25 AM
Well you clearly have more IIR/IIQ with the final culling blow with heavy strike .... you've missed to count the IIR and IIQ support gems in ;)

For your Points cap your resistances at all cost! Tho chaos res doesn't matter at all. If your resists are capped you could grab some more life ( if you are acing troubles surviving ) or you could grab more damage.

Get a better mace ... there are extremely cheap ones which are much better than your current one. If you stick to yours for now ... at least put quality on it ..

Use master crafting for your helmet, rings and amulet.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Now i'm testing various gear, to find optimal combination.
Currently i got 360 iir, 109 iiq(but cons is i got awfull resists). I tried to run with more iir and less iiq, and found that the more iir u got the more iiq will impact on drop.
I found out some things that u didn't mention:
-what's the best way to utilize lvl 66 maps(transmute them and run/run white for masters+kill boss/use for recipes for higher lvl maps and chisels)

-many rly worsless uniques drop, so there'r 2 options: simply sell them and get 0,5 alch+some few alt shards
or use for chance orbs recipe.

The best items for chance orbs that's rings, amy, belt, u can simply find them selling by nps and transmute one+alch one and sell.
And it take a long time to farm base items that u need in low level locations. I found for myself that this way of farming chance orbs don't wors them.

And also i tested merciless Vaal it's faster to farm it, itemlevel is less then Piety's, but still enough to get some ok uniques, and for chaos orbs recipes.

So, some numbers about 10 runs of vaal:
-5 uniques(all of them worsless, low level)
-7 jew orbs
-1 orb of chance
-2 maps, one of them with 19% quality, both white
-75 alterations
-it took 38 min to run 10 times.
-2 chaoses from recipe

Average speed was about 4 min, the fastest run was 3 min(including selling stuff, with the fastest way too vaal and killing him very fast). Longest was 6 min, with Vorici's mission.

Also i got awfull layout of caverns lvl 2.
I died only once, with lag(i was just jumping on same place)+under shock+laser(it's aroung 3500 damage, with 67% light resist without flask, under shock effect).
If u are better then me, got better optimised gear u can run 10 times in 30 min i belive.
U can just run vaal if u'r alredy tired of piety/dominus.

I guess u get a bit less currency, u got more uniques per hour, it's around 8-12 depending on dispersion
(but low chance to get something expensive).
Last edited by Lord_Benway on Jun 25, 2015, 11:31:01 AM
For the maps i didn't mention them because well ... it's level 66 maps man ... i ( and most of the players ) don't pick up maps that low level at all ... i haven't picked up a map below level 71 in more than an year!

For the worthless uniques. I see them as alch shards ... that's all.

As for Vaal .. it's just that it drops less items ... way less ... thus yo gain less alts from selling and you complete chaos recipes slower. As for the unique drops ... when an item drops it is "rolled" and decided what it will be - a normal , magic, rare or a unique item. And because of all that and the fact that the Vaal drops less items you get less uniques in the end. You could've got many unique in a couple of runs - no doubt about that, but in the end your luck has a lot to do with it ( i.e. there are times when i don't see a unique drop for hours and there are times when i see a unique drop every single run for hours ). But in the end statistically the Vaal farming just doesn't give as much profit to be a better farming spot compared to Piety or Dominus.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I've got like one, or even 0 chaos orb's recipe farming Piety for maybe 3 hours, and 0 uniques, that's just dispersion.
And i've noticed that he drop less stuff then piety does.
Also, what do u think about Greed's Embrace? Is that even option, or -resistance's on chest makes it bad?
It is very good if you can handle the resist loss.
Actually i'm using one atm ... haven't updated my gear in this guide because i'm planning to do a massive update when the Awakening comes out.

P.S. You can see what i'm currently using for this build by going to my profile > character > TheMonkeyKingBG
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 25, 2015, 12:23:52 PM
honest question

why do you go for Purity of Flesh ( the life at the top left )

when we can just finish our life wheel between Temp and Duel start?

3 points for 15%

compared to 20% for 6

and I'm asking this too because you said Chaos Res doesn't matter.

If we needed int we can just pick up the big +30 one near the +30 dex we picked up.

but I can see how potentially 5% life would be worth the extra stretch

edit:

Another question, wouldn't our CWDT LVL 1 Curse overlap our CWDT Max LVL Curse?
Last edited by BlueTank on Jun 27, 2015, 3:43:11 PM
I recently upgraded the axe I was using for this build, so if anyone is looking for one to run this build I'm selling it for 3 Ex:

450 DPS on the nose and the socket colors match the max level CWDT set-up we run.

PM me if you're interested.

Here's my new axe:

The pDPS upgrade wasn't much, but the attack speed difference is what I wanted
Last edited by Radagastt on Jun 28, 2015, 3:58:19 PM
@BlueTank]
Well initially in the area for the mana reservation nodes but at some point i no mlonger needed them and i've completely forgot to respec out of Purity of flesh to optimize the tree ... nicely spotted!

About the curses - yes it will, tho usually you kill the cursed monster before they have the chance to be re-cursed. Think of it as a way to proc the curse more often.

I will however ( like i said :P ) rework this guide in details when the Awakening is out and i'll fix those bits and pieces that need to be fixed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info