[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

Ah now i understand what you mean by 30 ex for a mirrored item :P
But sadly they are extremely expensive. I don't own any mirrored items and probably i never will.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 30, 2014, 2:33:49 AM
Yeah, me either. I see guys that are "repeat customers" in his thread. I don't know how they get so rich.
well actualy the best way to get rich is to get a godly item and to mirror it for a fee :D
When you aquire enough currency you craft/buy another godly item and start mirroring that aswell and so on and so on.

Other than that
1. pure luck ( mirror drops, multiple expensive unique drops )
2. alot of time to spend for farming( with this build i'm farming roughly around 2 exalts per 3 hours so ... for 150 exalts (for a mirrored item ) i'll have to farm around 225 hours.
3. let's face it some people rmt ... i've seen so many people who started a week ago, don't know a thing about PoE and suddenly they have gear thats worth 2-3 times more than my entire stash collected since the very beggining of the open beta...
4. also some people .. donate ... currency and items to streamers
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 30, 2014, 4:27:50 AM
Picked this up today:

IIR on heavy strike is 204% with it and IIQ is 64%

I need to start shopping for jewelry upgrades since I'm not using gold rings or a gold amulet at the moment. I'd like to get my IIR closer to the 300% mark, but I'd be happy with IIQ around 80% to be honest.

Trying to plan out the rest of my tree as well. Need to see where my resist are once I get gold jewelry first though.
Last edited by Radagastt on May 2, 2014, 12:52:13 AM
Hey

As far as i understant how item rarity work..it's counted on final blow right? So when we switch to pursuit axe and kill then we have 30+ rarity. I don't get one thing..why people put iitem rarity on helmet with some damage skills etc. Since we are last hitting with pursuit axe to get rarity so rarity gem should be inside culling axe. On your gear i see the same thing. Why do you switch weapon to cull with axe to get 33% rarity since doing it make yout 67% rarity gem useless. I'am just not sure how it work.

Have a nice day, great guide.
Last edited by virq on May 24, 2014, 3:50:02 PM
Ah i'll try to explain how it works.

It's true that when you kill something only the last blow counts and only the gear that you are wearing when you make that blow counts

BUT ( and that's a huge TITANIC "BUT" )

Not only the gear matters , the skill that you use to make that final hit counts also.

SO you make that last hit with the Reaper's pursuit for the extra 33% IIR but you do that last blow with the skill that has IIR and IIQ gems linked to it ( in my case Heavy Strike ) so those support gems work too. So in the end it doesn't matter where the gems are ( the axe or my helmet ) aslong as the last hit is made by the skill linked to the IIR and IIQ gems and while you have the axe on you'll benefit from both the axe and the gems.

I'll try to explain this even better with a few examples. I'll only talk about IIR but IIQ works exactly the same way.
With my gear i have 203% IIR.

1st scenario
I don't swap my axe and i don't use Heavy strike ( which is linked to my IIR gem )
So when i kill something with Leap slam and my regular axe i'll have 203% IIR

2nd scenario
I don't swap my axe and i use Heavy strike for the finishing hit. The heavy strike is linked to IIR gem which gives me extra 67% IIR IF i make that final hit the skill linked to it.
So when i kill something with Heavy Strike and my regular axe i'll have 270% IIR

3th scenario
I swap my axe to the Reaper's Pursuit and i don't use Heavy strike ( which is linked to my IIR gem )
So when i kill something with Leap slam and my Reaper's Pursuit axe i'll have 236% IIR

4th scenario
I swap my axe to the Reaper's Pursuit and i use Heavy strike for the finishing hit.
So when i kill something with Heavy Strike and my Reaper's Pursuit axe i'll have 303% IIR
Ok i got it now, seems broken anyway :D. Thanks for answering. Collecting gear now, everything can be bought with couple of chaos but armor is pain in the ass. I'am thinking about getting 6 gems, 5 linked armor and then try my luck with fusing...not sure if it will be cheaper.

Edit: I just realized why i get it wrong. Somehow i counted that 30+ rarity on pursuit axe works only with build in culling gem (same like normal rairity support game).
Last edited by virq on May 24, 2014, 3:48:39 PM
To be honest you'll do fine even with just a 4L item ... it will just be ... slower.

And an advice. Don't try to 6L an item unless the item si really worth it.
To successfully 6L an item you'll need to use between 750 and 1000 fusings on average... of course theoretically if you are really really lucky you can get it in 2 fusings or if you are very unlucky you might never get 6L even after millions of fusings.

About the Reapers culling - if it was a build-in support gem it would have the text of .. let's say the "blind" of the Bringer of Rain helmet ( Gems in this item are supported by level 6 Blind ). But it just says "Culling Strike" so it works with all skills that you have no matter where the gems are :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 24, 2014, 4:02:10 PM
I know, i would do fine with just 4L but damage difference would be crazy. With 4L i would need to stop and kill normally after jump. With 6L i would kill while jumping. Ofc its not big deal but i think it would be big boost to currency drop from normal mobs whilie raching piety.
Hey, I've got some questions for you:

1. Should i use skills/gems from your guide? Or should i use things you have inside your gear? Like your gloves.

2. Most of the killed mobs die while you use your main weapon. Does gems level up inside pursuit axe when it's not used/active atm?

3. I'am not sure what to use with 5L armor. You just jump on things and they die. How things die without melee physical damage or concretated effect gem with leap slam? Not sure if it will be enough, should i use other gem to kill enemies and leap slam just for movement? My actuall axe is 415~ pdps.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by virq on May 25, 2014, 9:23:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info