[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

There is a whole section called "Active Skills". The skills that you should use are described there. All of the other gems in my gear are there to level up and that leads me to 2.

All gems inside your gear level up even those on your swap weapon , even when it is not used.

Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Blood Magic + Concentrated Effect + Life Leech*

that's the gem setup ( as seen in "Active skills" section and also in my gear )

I saw that i've forgot to mention the fact that i no longer use IIR and IIQ gems with leap slam but with a single target attack for the last hit ( the heavy strike in my helmet ). Although i've explained that in the comments i guess you've missed that so i'm sorry. I've fixed it now :)

So a run looks like this:
Leap slam your way while to piety while killing magic/rare monsters on the way, then you leap slam on Piety's head until her life is low enough so she can be culled. Switch to your reapers pursuit and hit her with the attack that is linked to IIQ and IIR gems ( in my case that attack is heavy strike ). She screams and there are items everywhere. You sell those items. Then repeat. That's all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 26, 2014, 4:07:15 AM
Ok thanks for the info. Well i tought that you used rarity and quantity gems in your helmet from begining (shouldn't read guide while being drunk). I just wondered if 5 gams leap slam would be enough to kill enemies fast while going to piety. Anyway no point wasteing your time on my questions i will jsut test everything when my gear will be ready. Changeing gems and testing isn't big deal. Thanks.
Last edited by virq on May 26, 2014, 5:19:25 AM
anyway at the question - yes 5L leap slam is enough with an axe with 400+ phys dps.
Normal monsters should take 1-2 hits, magics around , and rares maybe 4 ( just making an educated guess ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Anyone have a tree for 80+? Just curious to see what you guys are doing.
Just got back to PoE and respect my lvl 78 marauder, currently with 106 IIQ / 163 IIR. What i found is that mostly with those stats its a double Unique drop from Piety. Also something that is worth mentioning is that i run 5L leap slam with no life leech from items whatsoever and i manage to survive. I use cast on damage taken enfeble. The build is just Awesome!
I'm glad that you find it helpful ^^
Are you gonna update this one of your build as well? :)
Of course. I'll update this one, the duelist facebreaker, the witch facebreaker and the 2h flicker striker
Updated. There wasn't much to update really ... need to add the new screenshots tho.
Interesting change is the nerf of the smash attack attack of Dominus. Now with just around 400 armour ( because i use tabula rasa currently ) it deals around 3500 damage to me. Before it used to deal around 4000 damage when i was with 7000 armour! So now Dominus fights are a lot easier!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info