Why have you stopped playing?

"
Sawm wrote:
To be honest. I took down my path of exile posters I spend hundreds of dollars for. I cant play I cant think of it. Im just mad that GGG is not giving a fuck about how bad people have been complaining if someone like me sees this on the forums how can GGG be so blind to the real issues this game has (serious....serious optimization issues.)

Don't hold your breath. As of a few weeks ago Chris was still saying they don't want to disallow things like weather and particle effects because people will take poor-looking screenshots and that won't help the game sell.

Meanwhile, every single PC game out there has graphics options that can make the game look like it's 20 years old, and none of those developers are concerned about the screenshots being put out. They know it's more important to have as wide a range of compatibility as possible.

I've died to the game dropping to 0 FPS multiple times, and it's usually in rainy stages before an explosion of effects. This doesn't happen in any of the other stages. So yeah, this is a real issue, and all the "ethical" microtransactions don't counteract the fact GGG cares more about selling pretty screenshots than giving players customization to make the game playable on older rigs.

If anyone really buys that GGG is 100% about respecting the player... then yeah...
The main reason I've stopped playing is because of the effect of RMT/forum gold inflation giving too much of an advantage at the beginning of a "fresh" league. How can everyone start over if you still have currency converted from past leagues?

From what I've seen Invasion isn't anything like open beta HC was, you can't be competitive at all anymore in my opinion. Everyone just mindlessly dies and rebuilds back up in days. Very frustrating to see as a legit player, and demotivating!

There are a lot of problems with the game besides that though. Performance issues, desync, limited viable skill builds, and overpowered Unique items that are too game changing are a few things off the top of my head. Did I forget to mention the game's graphics are just plain ugly? I don't understand how such low quality textures and models can cripple performance so badly. There aren't even many options to adjust to improve performance!

Maybe I'll come back in a year or two to see how things are, but I wouldn't wait around for this game to improve by any means. High hopes for other games coming out soon, not thinking twice about quitting.
Too much RNG and access to new content means to farm normal zones for hour instead of maps which is very boring.
giving a try to ROS, will see if i am more attracted to the 2.0 loot system.
I will regret for sure the build diversity and the potion system of this game but I ve no more pleasure to play poe atm.
"
estu87 wrote:
getting bored and the loot is worse than d3.

You're just mad cause you never got loot outside of the AH ;P.

VI
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
because people will take poor-looking screenshots and that won't help the game sell.

No, he said it would look worse to people who are watching the top streamers.

At least get your anti-game bullshit right when you're going to spew it out on the forums.

You kids aren't even trying anymore.

VI
"
Kopogero wrote:
still I've done 2 lvl 70 maps right now with 80-100 quantity and NO MAP has dropped.

wow, solutions, maybe we should look at some.

1. play ambush with map strongboxes aplenty

2. realize math is hard, and that .3 map drops at 100% increased quant would still be around .6. We don't know how many maps would have dropped without the mod before running it, though obv 0 at that point.

3. Play d3. you get guaranteed legendaries after 2 hours. Sounds like a better game mode for you.

They also have bowling with bumpers, if you're interested.

VI
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
EricJFeels wrote:
Sounds like a lot of people quit because they're too casual. Get better, know what invasion bosses do.

'get better' = spend more hours banging your head against he progression wall while the RNG gods laugh at you. Or, avoid actually playing the game and instead trade for the best gear because, honestly, who wants to kill things and find items when you can just pay other people? Once said gear has been bought, proceed to decimate the game and then laugh at everyone who foolishly tries to progress under their own steam.

I died once this league to a devourer that 1 shot me, but then was hotfixed a day later. I have solo'd all the way to 89. Its called playing safe until you find an invasion boss, you decide if its worth the risk and move onto another zone. People are just too casual for this game thats the problem. Complain about RNG and this and that, please stop complaining and at least try to play a video game instead of things being handed to you.
IGN: @Eric_Feels or EricJ_
"
EricJFeels wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
EricJFeels wrote:
Sounds like a lot of people quit because they're too casual. Get better, know what invasion bosses do.

'get better' = spend more hours banging your head against he progression wall while the RNG gods laugh at you. Or, avoid actually playing the game and instead trade for the best gear because, honestly, who wants to kill things and find items when you can just pay other people? Once said gear has been bought, proceed to decimate the game and then laugh at everyone who foolishly tries to progress under their own steam.

I died once this league to a devourer that 1 shot me, but then was hotfixed a day later. I have solo'd all the way to 89. Its called playing safe until you find an invasion boss, you decide if its worth the risk and move onto another zone. People are just too casual for this game thats the problem. Complain about RNG and this and that, please stop complaining and at least try to play a video game instead of things being handed to you.

the kappa is strong with you
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
Im just confused as to why you would play a "hardcore" league if you're a casual player is all. They have a casual friendly league called ambush, you can die as much as you want with all the loot the casuals love. But the problem with games now a days, is casuals want to be a part of everything, its why Diablo/World of Warcraft went to shit in all honesty.
IGN: @Eric_Feels or EricJ_
Last edited by EricJFeels on Mar 28, 2014, 4:09:42 AM
"
EricJFeels wrote:

Im just confused as to why you would play a "hardcore" league if you're a casual player is all. They have a casual friendly league called ambush, you can die as much as you want with all the loot the casuals love. But the problem with games now a days, is casuals want to be a part of everything, its why World of warcraft went to shit in all honesty.

i agree with you that casuals are a plague.

but not every player in ambush is casual. but by far the most casual retards are in d3, just sayin.

hc is the goal not to die, never. in ambush you have the same goal. after l85 dying pretty suchs in ambush too cuz of 10% penalty. what i like about ambush is, you can just push it harder. but you need good defense as well. tony, 1st l100 last sc ladder, had 13k es e.g., just saying.

i played hc too, a long time, but it gets boring at some point. its fun if you not die, but when you die..it just sucks. thats just frustration i dont need. there are so many builds you cant play in hc, just cuz u have to build 90% defense etc. 100s. 1000s hrs of work, just dumped in one moment? nty.

Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
Last edited by Schinski on Mar 28, 2014, 4:18:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info