[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

So I'm at the point of the leveling guide where I've just about spent 82 skill points. Where do people go from here?

-Run straight to elemental adaptation?
-Fill out the Scion Health cluster?
I've been in parties for maps when I was around 70-73 and so far I feel super tanky. No real threat except for chaos. Compared against the final tree I'm only missing life and Elemental Adaptation but I'm not sure I need it since this is my first tanky character and have no idea what to expect in higher end maps.

Everything except chaos (-48%) and fire is maxed (77%), 3591 max mana, 2665 life, 1262 DPS on Incinerate.

Do we really need more life and/or Elemental Adaptation or is more damage (not many options) preferable?
@Holocaustus: I'll run a few more of myself to see if it's really any more dangerous then no regen. I personally never had any problems with half regen; to a point where I actually started to ignore that mod.

@Z3ta: Depends on what you plan on doing. Want to tackle dominus, temple piety, shock and horror(aka have no problems in higher maps)get elemental Adaptation. If you plan on running lower maps, and staying save, get more life.

@Sasazuka: You will be fine without elemental adaptation inmost higher maps. I've heard people didn't take it(took the arsonist node instead), and still manage to tackle some of the higher elemental bosses. But it helps a lot. When you are up against shock and horror, that 2% is noticable(resulting in around 10% less damage, 20%+ when using a topaz flask, same as with temple/shrine piety, Dominus, etc.
You will definately need more life though. I would recommend at least 3K, preferably nearing 4K. Taking over 2K damage isn't unusual for me, even by normal mobs. Some of them just burst for a lot. You just need the Hp buffer to not get one shotted :)

Watch some of my video's. I'll upload a full 77/78 map run soon so you can see what it's like yourself(most likely tomorrow, or the day after though) :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Depends on the map mods you run. I went with dmg nodes from Witch and Ranger areas until lvl 85 for faster clear speed, respecced into EA now to see how much difference it makes on the harder bosses.

My tree, pretty much final as I doubt I'll lvl much more from here:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecC4wUtB6UIZxQgFm8YPBmKGlUajx8CIWAhwyftKPoqjSycLR8tgy2oNZI2xTbYNug64TwtQKBBh0SrRZ1JG0myTeNQR1WuVcZWLVfhWK9gS2EhZKNtGW-edO108XgNeqp674IQgh6Cx4MJhO-FModliPGPRo-mkNaTOpcGl4Wa4Ju1nC2euZ_LplenCKcwqW6sWax_r7exkLXytz631riTvSfB88M6xKLE9sauykrPZdDQ2CTbC9tZ37DnY-vu7FXyRfPd9tr5Zfno-wn-Cv6P

Arsonist not worth the point investment imo. Projectile dmg and cast speed do more for your overall dmg.

There's a neat tool that lets you play around with stats and plan your build(doesn't work with the +1 fire gems from Mantle as yet though):
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/787420
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Feb 11, 2014, 4:51:15 AM
Thanks, I guess I'll take some more life nodes then - clear speed hasn't been too much of an issue so I guess I should play it safe. For this build, spell damage is equivalent to fire damage right?

For offensive stat priority would you say we should prioritize? Projectile damage, cast speed, fire damage, spell damage, chaos damage, etc?
"
Sasazuka wrote:
Thanks, I guess I'll take some more life nodes then - clear speed hasn't been too much of an issue so I guess I should play it safe. For this build, spell damage is equivalent to fire damage right?

For offensive stat priority would you say we should prioritize? Projectile damage, cast speed, fire damage, spell damage, chaos damage, etc?

Spell damage is equivalent to fire damage only if you do not use the Added Chaos Damage gem. (This is true even while wearing an Infernal Mantle because the chaos damage is based on a fraction of your fire damage - i.e., it is converted.) In this case, cast speed is first priority, and spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage, and projectile damage are all interchangeable.

If you do use an Added Chaos Damage gem, prioritize cast speed, spell damage/projectile damage, elemental/fire damage, and chaos damage, in order.

This ranking of damage sources is due to the fractional contribution of each category to your overall damage output. For example, chaos Damage is prioritized less than fire damage because less of your overall damage is dealt as chaos than fire. However, elemental damage is ranked even with fire damage because the only type of elemental damage you deal is fire (and thus, equal increases to either show equal net improvement).

Note that if you dealt some other elemental damage in addition to fire, as is possible with a 6L Infernal Mantle, elemental damage takes priority over fire damage.
Great thanks for that clarification!
I've noticed that it's pretty hard to get a green colored socket outside of the linked ones with the offcolors we need in a 5s 4l infernal mantle, to support arctic armour..

Any suggestion on where to put it, if it's impossible to put inside the armor?

Or... do you have a specific procedure to suggest, to get the 4L with the colours we need AND the socket outside of it as green? maybe recolor it, get the upper left one or the bottom (alone) one with green and THEN fuse it to get 4L? it's tough anyway, isn't it?
Same problem here, had enough trouble getting the right sockets in my 5s/4L chest. Im just gonna run with this one while I try to get 6s on my spare, which should double the odds that I get the extra green socket some day.

In the mean time i run arctic armor in my weapon, not to bothered with losing one of the supports for the manual lightning warp (hardly use it anyway).
Hi, i'm around the end of A3M (just killed piety). I was wondering what i should do with my passive tree.

I've got a eye of chayula so i can bypass U Stance for now.

I picked up MoM and it's doing a great job.

My problem is that i don't have enough mana regen to sustain Arctic armour, and it's not even lvl 15 yet.

I'm substituting Mana Leech for Faster Casting tho since i didn't get the right colors yet for the Infernal Mantle. So i guess my mana starvation must come from there too (as well as MoM hitting my mana big time).

I'm capped on res and i'm starting to pick up health on gear and armor.

SO i was wondering what should I do :

Pick up U stance and get another Ammy.

Refund MoM and keep the eye of chayula, start to get the big life node circle close to scion start ?

Or maybe pick up both MoM and U Stance, change ammy. I guess it's not worth to keep the -20% HP if i'm grabbing all the life nodes

My current tree

Otherwise it's such a fun build. FLAMETHROWER 4EVER

edit : okay i read some of the comment, seems mike 1.3K HP is a bit low XD. guess i'm gonna get another ammy then Chayula, get U Stance and start to stack more HP :D
Last edited by FredWeedMax on Feb 12, 2014, 9:45:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info