Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

You have a lot of levels left on your gems total. Also quality on WED, FA, ST, and LMP make a significant difference.
IGN: Xkyfen
Hello Guys

Started the Buzzsaw 3 days ago. Now im Level 74 and me and my mate want to ask one thing: Whats about the Keystone Elemental Equilibrium? wouldnt it fit nice to this build? its just 5 points away and if my thoughts are correct the mobs should get 25+ resi to one element but 50- to the other two elements. wouldnt that increase the DPS alot because we attack with three elements? or am i missing something?
"
Languidness wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:
"
Languidness wrote:
Level 87 on Nemesis right now, looking to start bumping up my stats for endgame.
8K ST with haste, though I usually run grace, for 6.8k ST.
1.3k armor/10k evasion with grace. 87/82/87, 5.3k HP.

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzDH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UHaokPCSqJLAnqSftLYMvbzGeMgkyiTWSNuk64TsoPC1GcUlRSshN41XGVdZX4lnzWlJabWBDZOdmnmxGbj1uqm-ecLtybHKpd-V82X11f8aApIMJhtGI8Y9GkFWTJ5cGm12btaIAplenCKdcp4SomqlurFmsqrQMtfK3PriTu-PAGsM6xKLE9saexq7KSs9l0NDTftkT4Yjjaudj7DjwH_JF8pfz3fba-tL7Cf4K_o_-ug==

Any suggestions on what needs to happen first?

I'm thinking 20/20 gems -> get 6L coil.

Storm Herald and Lightning Thorns are just too problematic for me to replace Saffell's with a regular EVA shield. Opted for health over acrobatics since I'm already uncomfortable with how low my HP is for Nemesis.

Just wondering if you copied my build and idea or you came up with this on your own?

Basically exactly what I am doing with my build :)

Nice gears, lol.

Also, get acrobatics and then get phase acro when you can. 20/20 gems also are very helpful. WED, Faster Attacks, LMP, ST, Life Leech in that order from highest priority to lowest.

6L coil should increase your DPS by about 30% I believe. I am currently level 86 and have 6k ST DPS without haste. I am missing ele dmg on one ring so that is the basic difference in DPS. I also have taken acrobatics and once I take inner force I will make my way to phase acro. The ability to block spells and dodge them is going to be very nice.

I am toying around with the idea of taking ondar's guile and just running grace all the time, but that is for higher levels.

I'm using Mathil's tree besides Acrobatics. Coil is because I refuse to run an evasion-based build without coil. Saffell's is because my last character was using a regular shield and instaripped to Storm Herald, so I wanted higher maximum resists.

I got the immortal call idea from one of your posts, then ended up mirroring Jforce's immortal call cwdt setup on his ROA ranger.

I will not be going Acrobatics. The points are simply not there.

Playing this HC variant now myself, and I'm curious - runnin, languid, do you guys think this is doable without coil or saffel's? Is there anything you would change about passives or gem setup if you were still trying to find/buy these uniques?

I'm going to try and stack armor/some eva and keep high block and kite my heart out, but I feel more and more like I might explode from phys damage at endgame before I get my hands on those. Thanks for your input on tailoring the build to HC leagues, and of course thanks to Mathil for an awesome build.
"
Totmau5 wrote:
Hello Guys

Started the Buzzsaw 3 days ago. Now im Level 74 and me and my mate want to ask one thing: Whats about the Keystone Elemental Equilibrium? wouldnt it fit nice to this build? its just 5 points away and if my thoughts are correct the mobs should get 25+ resi to one element but 50- to the other two elements. wouldnt that increase the DPS alot because we attack with three elements? or am i missing something?

No.

Mobs will get the increased resistance to all elements that they are hit with per attack. So in this case, the mobs would get additional resist to fire and lightning (and perhaps cold if you have any cold damage on gear). If you do zero cold damage then +25 to fire and light, -50 to cold which won't do you any good.
For those who have tried Phase Acrobatics have you found it worth the points spent?
I have Ondar's and it's comical watching archers and titty shooters have their attacks pass through me.
However, I am not sure about Phase. I have it but it's hard to tell. I'm thinking about dropping it and the 2 2% before it but figured I'd ask those who have tried more characters and would have better reference.

based on the points Mathil spent this would possibly be my projected build. I'm at level 84 now.

you'll notice the reach for evasion cluster to reflexes. That's to remove grace and keep the evasion chance above 50% which means ondar's makes 100% against projectiles which is obscene. Alternatively, I would likely use for 2 more life nodes and that 5% elemental damage (or drop those 2 and grab elementalist for same bonus plus 20 int.) but that's super late game.

otherwise if I keep Phase Acrobatics I'd go for this.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Feb 11, 2014, 5:46:49 PM
Hello Elemental Buzzsaws,

I know this isn't trade but i have this for sale and thought someone here might want it.

the build still viable?
"
For those who have tried Phase Acrobatics have you found it worth the points spent?
I have Ondar's and it's comical watching archers and titty shooters have their attacks pass through me.

Phase, no. Ondar's however is pretty awesome but unfortunately I don't feel this build has enough points to spare to go to that node. It's already starved of life.

"
pajamaz wrote:

Playing this HC variant now myself, and I'm curious - runnin, languid, do you guys think this is doable without coil or saffel's? Is there anything you would change about passives or gem setup if you were still trying to find/buy these uniques?

I'm going to try and stack armor/some eva and keep high block and kite my heart out, but I feel more and more like I might explode from phys damage at endgame before I get my hands on those. Thanks for your input on tailoring the build to HC leagues, and of course thanks to Mathil for an awesome build.

I've done this build on HC, I'm level 88 on Nemesis atm and I can tell you Coil and Saffell's are entirely optional. Aside from hard spell-casting bosses (Academy..) they really aren't necessary and I've done plenty of 77s/78s. The combination of base block from your shield/natural evasion and Acrobatics is more than enough to help you survive. The only way I deviated from the guide is by running Grace over Haste for the extra evasion boost and getting a double CwDT setup for IC and EC.

If you feel like you may explode, just get Acrobatics earlier and when you can, the first 3 auras you run will be Grace, Wrath and Anger. You will take literally no physical damage after then.

The only thing I've been finding lacking in this build is the low-ish life, I'm at 5.6k atm and I've had some very close calls... -max volatile in 77 map anyone?

"
the build still viable?

God, yes.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 12, 2014, 7:45:00 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

God, yes.

I'll have what she's having.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I've done this build on HC, I'm level 88 on Nemesis atm and I can tell you Coil and Saffell's are entirely optional. Aside from hard spell-casting bosses (Academy..) they really aren't necessary and I've done plenty of 77s/78s. The combination of base block from your shield/natural evasion and Acrobatics is more than enough to help you survive. The only way I deviated from the guide is by running Grace over Haste for the extra evasion boost and getting a double CwDT setup for IC and EC.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Ondar's is so very tempting...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info