Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

anyone run The Taming and spec into static blows?

my current gear at lvl 77

Last edited by Chilleri on Feb 14, 2014, 9:51:42 PM
"
anyone run The Taming and spec into static blows?

my current gear at lvl 77

That's a sexy necklace.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/794090/page/1

What do you think, might those changes affect build?
"
borek664 wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/794090/page/1

What do you think, might those changes affect build?

Yes, I can 100% confirm that unknown "changes" will completely rape this build and make it unplayable.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Extremely worried for what our position will be once the skill tree changes push through. Hopefully we can still come up with compensating paths to take in case the aura and reserve node paths take a hit in the upcoming patch. Is anyone else preparing to ditch their buzzsaw characters :o? I personally find this build to be extremely fun and I hope I manage to keep using her as it is.
I'm not worrying about upcoming passive resets just yet. Hopefully they don't alter that paths too much or nerf aura reservations/buffs. That'd suck. Still, this build uses the gems and alpha's the most along with WED on rings/belt. So, those are untouchable (well, unless they mess with alpha's too in which case legacy unique).

Just wait and see for now.

I think I'll be taking this character into standard and staying there myself. New Leagues, rerolling for little benefit doesn't interest me unless the league mods are massive. Dom mods were mostly not. 2 stone ring maybe the only exception.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
You said this build isn't gear depented but its highly dependent on gear.. The build sounded good and starts out the way I would make a race scion so I decided to follow this guide for the 1 week dominus going on right now.

I literally hit a wall at dominus cruel... lvl 52. One major thing I don't see is any good 4 link anything. Making the ST, BloodM, LifeL, MultiP gem link really hard to make. I do have one good 4 link item but am too afriad to use the very little chromatics I have to get the right colors. I got 3 out of 4 and couldn't waste any more chrom at such low lvl. I once tried a 3 link with ST, BM, and Life leech the 3 "essential gems" to make the build work, yet my health would drastically run out faster than the leech and this is with the unique amulet that adds 6% life leech from physical dmg, faster atk, all that good stuff (the extra gore amulet). I didn't and don't have a weapon that has at least 2 APS with the 3 link set up, which I haven't even seen yet! I finally found something with 1.97 APS but only one elemental damage, which is also extremely hard to get a weapon with multiple elem damage. I haven't seen a haste gem yet... Almost to a default haste gem in act 3 merciless, quest reward... kinda, if I can pass cruel dominus. Also the physical damage I'm taking from mobs at times is insane. I have around 55% evasion or something with Grace running. Which just doesn't seem to cut it at the end of act 3, huge mob packs mean, many attacks at once. Can't evade them all. Which I just don't have the health yet to withstand. The only stats I've seemed to stay at par with as I level is resistance. Which you said would be hard to get for a while? lol stupid RNG I guess...

So basically I was forced to spec a little different to get the Mana reserve nodes first, next to the weapon element damage buff nodes (very left side of the tree)... This way I am able to run both Clarity and Grace at once. Because of the fact I can't make a BloodMagic-LifeLeech-Spectral link work at all right now, I have to run clarity to at least keep my weapon attacking almost at the APS the weapon advirtises. Clarity just isn't a fast enough regen for the APS of the weapon, so I hit 3 out of 4 attacks when on empty, regening while attacking. I also have the 40% mana regen rate node on my tree when you first make a scion thats right there, and a 16% regen mana ring. Just to make this work!! ugh. Lucky I got a searing bond gem that I've linked with trap thats been helping out with dps because some bosses just don't die fast enough without.

As you can tell I've been having one hell of a time trying to get the dang gear for this build to be viable at the position I am in now in the acts. I've been forced to farm the archives just so I still get some xp (level 51 area at lvl 52) and hopefully get some sort of upgrades worthy of dominus.

My last experience with him I used 20 portal scrolls to get him into the finally phase where I would wipe almost instantly from the massive mob spawn + raining blood. I would run under him to avoid the blood, only to face tank him and the 10+ mob spawns.

If you have any suggestion that you think may assist me getting into the smooth sailing of the first acts of merciless please let me know. This sucks bigtime.. hah
Here's my crap gear just in case you want to see lol.

I have other rings and boots I can wear to mess around with the damage and resistances but I find the top set up to work best overall.

Here's my passive tree if you need that too.. I understand if I'm screwed. It's ok.. haha

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YIZxcvGYoaOBqPHaon7S2DMZ41kjrhOyg8LUZxSshN41XWV-JZ81pSYENk52aebj1uqm-ed-WApIMJiPGQVZMnlwabXZu1plenhKiarFmsqrQMtfK3PrvjwBrDOsSixPbGrspK4YjnY-w48kXyl_ba-tL7Cf4K_o_-ug==

"
Sk8Sanctified wrote:
I literally hit a wall at dominus cruel... lvl 52. One major thing I don't see is any good 4 link anything. Making the ST, BloodM, LifeL, MultiP gem link really hard to make. I do have one good 4 link item but am too afriad to use the very little chromatics I have to get the right colors. I got 3 out of 4 and couldn't waste any more chrom at such low lvl. I once tried a 3 link with ST, BM, and Life leech the 3 "essential gems" to make the build work, yet my health would drastically run out faster than the leech and this is with the unique amulet that adds 6% life leech from physical dmg, faster atk, all that good stuff (the extra gore amulet).

This build does hardly any physical damage.

As for tanking anything that comes into contact with you, ever heard of Enfeeble? This curse levelled nearly doubles your chance to evade and on top of that severely weakens mobs' damage per hit.
Last edited by borek664 on Feb 15, 2014, 3:09:09 PM
"
Mathil wrote:

Yes, I can 100% confirm that unknown "changes" will completely rape this build and make it unplayable.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info