Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

reduced mana gem nerf....this build is compromised....
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Last edited by chosk80 on May 8, 2015, 1:58:16 PM
Can anyone please suggest me a build for the ele static strike version (ranger)?
Thanks in advance!
its funny but in OP tree for 1.3 not for scion but for ranger
lol
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Hi,

Any idea what I can craft the above? (Ilvl 80) and this is necessary?

thanks
Hello Mathil. i followed your guild for a year and yes this Ele static guide too, so now i found some Better skill than Static(In my opinion) is that call Lighting Strike Why ?
first , no need even change Passive Skill Tree (use Sniper passive)
2, High Survibility than Static Strike cuz Static is close range attack but Lightning Strike is Projectile (Still strong in close range too)
3, can face againt Ele Reflex.
but yes Lightning Strike is pretty slower speed clear map than Static.

sorry for my Bad eng sir, So what everyone think about Lightning Strike ? for me it pretty damn goodddd.
IGN : MyOwnWayZ
Any idea if build will still be viable in 2.0? It went through last few expansions and changes more or less untouched damage and viability wise, but looking at upcoming aura/heralds and mana reservation rebalancing I've got doubts whether ele buzzsaw will still be a thing :/.
ST doesn't seem to be very strong in 2.0
As of Awakening I don't believe this build to be very efficient or effective anymore, at least not to the extent it used to be. The strength of the build used to be being cheap and powerful but these days it just doesn't hold its own with limited starting gear through progression.

The reasons for this are that Spectral Throw itself is just lacking in damage output compared to other skills now. With the increase in life on all monsters ST feels extremely weak alongside other skills. On top of that reservation changes to auras has made running auras harder and foils were also nerfed from 1.7 attack speed to 1.6, making Life on Hit claws the best option for the build as they are also 1.6 attack speed.

I will still be trying to see if I can make the build effective in the future because I believe there is hope, especially with the increase in elemental damages to weapon rolls. If you are still really wanting to do a Spectral Throw build I believe daggers to be the only effective way of doing one and for that you'll need a decent Crit Ele Dagger and some expensive gear as well as that.

If you still want to do elemental builds on some sort of budget then my greatest suggestions would be Crit Elemental Split Arrow or Crit Elemental Kinetic Blast. Both are quite powerful and can be scaled very high with larger investments but work equally well on budgets.[/b]
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Jul 9, 2015, 9:29:26 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
As of Awakening I don't believe this build to be very efficient or effective anymore, at least not to the extent it used to be. The strength of the build used to be being cheap and powerful but these days it just doesn't hold its own with limited starting gear through progression.

The reasons for this are that Spectral Throw itself is just lacking in damage output compared to other skills now. With the increase in life on all monsters ST feels extremely weak alongside other skills. On top of that reservation changes to auras has made running auras harder and foils were also nerfed from 1.7 attack speed to 1.6, making Life on Hit claws the best option for the build as they are also 1.6 attack speed.

I will still be trying to see if I can make the build effective in the future because I believe there is hope, especially with the increase in elemental damages to weapon rolls. If you are still really wanting to do a Spectral Throw build I believe daggers to be the only effective way of doing one and for that you'll need a decent Crit Ele Dagger and some expensive gear as well as that.

If you still want to do elemental builds on some sort of budget then my greatest suggestions would be Crit Elemental Split Arrow or Crit Elemental Kinetic Blast. Both are quite powerful and can be scaled very high with larger investments but work equally well on budgets.[/b]

Mathil - I want to thank you for this build. I had the best time with this one among the 6 major builds I played. Look forward to your next build.
I just wanted to pop in and say this build is stronger than ever. I followed this build when it came out last year, except I never used foils, I always dual wielded tiger paw claws that I crafted for lgoh. In 1.3, I had capped out at 25k dps. I just threw my old character together last night, and I'm doing 31k dps WITHOUT empower linked to my heralds and some other gear that can be improved. 40k+ will be attainable.

TLDR; while I agree with Mathil that there are other skills that you can build around cheaper, Ele-Buzz is stronger than ever. Find a good Gemini claw. I'm currently using this one, but hopefully can craft something better eventually.

edit- Also I just wanted to say that, theoretically, the new Imperial Claw base will be better than Gemini if you don't have mana issues, or you can get enough mana on hit from other sources. It's faster and has +25 lgoh.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jul 18, 2015, 8:40:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info