Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Has anyone used one of these with the build?

With this item, you can drop 5 skill points from your tree since you no longer need to reach Acrobatics. That seems pretty significant. Plus the evasion rating is really high.

Edit: I see someone brought this up a couple of pages ago, but I still think it's worth discussing. I use a Tabula Rasa now, so if I ever manage to 6S and 6L this, it would be awesome. Unlikely, but awesome.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 12, 2014, 4:42:18 PM
6S and 6Ling something is something that typically takes 10+ ex of currency to do. If you had that much currency, Hyrri's Ire is the last thing you would 6L. A good rare chest will match the evasion of that chest and more, give res and more importantly give you the all important +life which even with 5 points freed up is very difficult to match on the passive tree.

That said, Hyrri's Ire is a nice chest you can use as a stepping stone to an endgame item.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
For those who have tried Phase Acrobatics have you found it worth the points spent?
I have Ondar's and it's comical watching archers and titty shooters have their attacks pass through me.
However, I am not sure about Phase. I have it but it's hard to tell. I'm thinking about dropping it and the 2 2% before it but figured I'd ask those who have tried more characters and would have better reference.

Another nope on Phase. Tried it, not much difference really. The 10% increased dodge is nice but that's it.
Ondar's though is non-negotiable for me. It just makes the "average joe" buzzsaw that much more easy to play. Of course, when you are at Mathil's level of gear your evasion is so high that you don't need it. However, with average gear, I feel it is a must. I haven't died once since I changed my tree to include Ondar's, before it was.. well, quite a few times (mainly due to do Wharf chaos snake and uber titty-bitches). Also, bomb throwers.

I am using this char mostly in bigger parties as she boosts nearly everyone so much - on elemental weakness maps, I keep the melee chars alive by standing in close close proximity to them. If I die due to projectiles/bombs reaching me, the whole room is usually dead within seconds lol.

At level 82 and unwilling to give up Ondar's, I am now faced with the decision to go inner force, or just life. Will probably do the latter, but it is so very temping ;)
First let me say really nice guide/build! This is my first char after long break from poe, lvl 80 now.

I have 2 questions:

1. Are the projectile dmg nodes that important, as you do most elemental dmg. Is it for leech and is it really that necessary?

2 I'm playing sc, so defense doesn't need to be that high. What nodes would increase the dmg output more: ele dmg with weapons or spell dmg (because wrath/anger are spells)?
"
Skip511 wrote:
First let me say really nice guide/build! This is my first char after long break from poe, lvl 80 now.

I have 2 questions:

1. Are the projectile dmg nodes that important, as you do most elemental dmg. Is it for leech and is it really that necessary?

2 I'm playing sc, so defense doesn't need to be that high. What nodes would increase the dmg output more: ele dmg with weapons or spell dmg (because wrath/anger are spells)?

1. The projectile dmg nodes are secondary, they are only taken when you've actually finished the build.

2. Spell Damage will increase Wrath and Anger by nothing because they are not spells, they are auras. Only aura effectiveness/Inner Force affects them. Ele Dmg With Weapons from the Templar tree is mandatory and you should aim for ele dmg on rings/ammy/belt as well.
Thank you for the quick reply Chundadragon, but my auras are listed as "aura, aoe, spell"
"
Skip511 wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply Chundadragon, but my auras are listed as "aura, aoe, spell"

Spell damage modifiers don't affect auras because auras don't deal damage. Auras are spells, they're just spells that are cast on you.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Skip511 wrote:

I have 2 questions:

1. Projectile dmg increases all kinds of dmg on projectile, not only physical damage. It even works on spells which are tagged as projetiles. The build also relies on life leech gem, not leech from physical attack damage, as ur physical dmg is negligible.

2. The defense of the build is pretty low anyway, until u have god level gear. I find myself relying more on fast attack speed and life leech to stay alive. Damage is already excellent. So I wud say focus getting acrobatics and lot of life nodes for staying alive.
True, wrath and anger are tagged as spell but they do not do direct damage. They grant you a buff. So they are affected by buff effect nodes and aura effectiveness, not spell dmg. The damage they add to ur weapon attacks is also elemental dmg, not spell dmg, so it gets boosted by elemental damage nodes.
Like that build only thing Im not sure: Is it worth to take enemy critical strike multiplier reduction in marauder area. 30% damage seems pretty good, but I know that evasion gives you a chance not to take critical strike. So what do you guys think ?
"
coolon wrote:
Like that build only thing Im not sure: Is it worth to take enemy critical strike multiplier reduction in marauder area. 30% damage seems pretty good, but I know that evasion gives you a chance not to take critical strike. So what do you guys think ?

Those nodes are generally a waste of points as mob crit mult is generally low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info