Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
whitelytning wrote:
Pretty new to POE and chose this build to be my first real build that I put time and effort into. I have enjoyed leveling with it and found it much more playable than some of the other builds I tried when I first started. Love that I can solo so much of the game.

I have some questions though (they might be kind of newbish):

I'm not seeing the huge dps numbers that some of you guys are seeing. Is that a product of my weapon?
Spoiler

I have followed the skill tree almost exactly as it is and am only around 2.5k at lvl 75.

The 5l chest I have has 3g/2r so I have faster attacks instead of weapon elemental damage, is that the problem?

I'm now at the point where I'm trying to find gear that I won't be upgrading unless I find something really amazing. As a poor newb I have to do it somewhat cheaper than most. Am I right in trying to get as much life + elemental damage in rings and resists in boots, chest, shield, helm? Evasion in chest, helm, shield?

I also don't understand how you have enough dxt and int to (1) use the weapon you do, and (2) have the auras completely leveled. I have 160 dxt and 136 int. How do I get more?

Briefly,

If you read this guide, over and over you see that attack speed on weapon. Everyone is using a foil but you are using one witha. Attach speed of 1.8. 2.0 to 2.1 should be the minimum. Go buy a white I level 77 foil (preferably one with a low dex requirement and 1.7 base speed) the throw a bunch of alterations on it until you get 23 attack speed mod plus 1 decent elemental roll.

3r 2g will be way, way better than 3g 2r especially when you have level 22 dips auras. WED gem gives "more" elemental damage and accounts for about 40 percent of my total dps.

As far as to how Rex and int requirements are met, go back a few pages and I linked my gear and tree. You can figure it out from there.

Edit. Posted from my iphone for please forgive the fat finger errors.

P.S. The physical damage mod on your weapon is nearly useless for this build.
Last edited by Daarknight on Feb 9, 2014, 1:14:16 PM
"
Daarknight wrote:
"
whitelytning wrote:
Pretty new to POE and chose this build to be my first real build that I put time and effort into. I have enjoyed leveling with it and found it much more playable than some of the other builds I tried when I first started. Love that I can solo so much of the game.

I have some questions though (they might be kind of newbish):

I'm not seeing the huge dps numbers that some of you guys are seeing. Is that a product of my weapon?
Spoiler

I have followed the skill tree almost exactly as it is and am only around 2.5k at lvl 75.

The 5l chest I have has 3g/2r so I have faster attacks instead of weapon elemental damage, is that the problem?

I'm now at the point where I'm trying to find gear that I won't be upgrading unless I find something really amazing. As a poor newb I have to do it somewhat cheaper than most. Am I right in trying to get as much life + elemental damage in rings and resists in boots, chest, shield, helm? Evasion in chest, helm, shield?

I also don't understand how you have enough dxt and int to (1) use the weapon you do, and (2) have the auras completely leveled. I have 160 dxt and 136 int. How do I get more?

Briefly,

If you read this guide, over and over you see that attack speed on weapon. Everyone is using a foil but you are using one witha. Attach speed of 1.8. 2.0 to 2.1 should be the minimum. Go buy a white I level 77 foil (preferably one with a low dex requirement and 1.7 base speed) the throw a bunch of alterations on it until you get 23 attack speed mod plus 1 decent elemental roll.

3r 2g will be way, way better than 3g 2r especially when you have level 22 dips auras. WED gem gives "more" elemental damage and accounts for about 40 percent of my total dps.

As far as to how Rex and int requirements are met, go back a few pages and I linked my gear and tree. You can figure it out from there.

Edit. Posted from my iphone for please forgive the fat finger errors.

P.S. The physical damage mod on your weapon is nearly useless for this build.

#1 thing you can do to increase your DPS is to increase your attack speed. The elemental damage from your auras will be higher than anything you roll on your weapon. Obviously if you can get both, do so, but AS is the BIGGEST DPS increase you can get.

Would this armour be good for thid build?
With good rare you would get life, which is invaluable for this build to survive in high level maps and resists. This on the other hand would give few passive points more since it provides free Acrobatics keystone and some small cold damage bonus. I'm not sure though if you could fully utilize that increased chilled without running Hatred or having high cold damage rolls on weap/jewellery.

Overall if I were to choose between Hyrri's and some decent rare I'd go for the latter.
Last edited by borek664 on Feb 10, 2014, 6:35:26 AM
Ripped at level 74 in Nemesis to the Orchard Boss of all things. He popped down under the ground and then when he popped up he swiped me down to half health and then almost immediately spit his OMG Fire Bomb right in my face.

With that being said it wasn't a fault of the build, but my own inability to react quickly enough. If I had popped my instant pots right away I would have been fine.

I'm using a slight variation of this build found here (my final passive tree would be done at level 85).

My gear is below, and quite clearly very lacking, but I honestly found absolutely no problems running up to level 68 maps, or doing any number of different farming runs.

I was running Grace, Wrath, Anger, and Purity of Lightning (since I didn't have it at cap) and had about 5k DPS.

Spoiler

Anyways, I'll probably reuse this build in the new leagues once they start up, so thanks to Mathil for theory crafting this one, as I've head a really good time with it!
Last edited by Anvilfang on Feb 10, 2014, 12:47:27 PM
Anvilfang, I'm curious to know what your chance to hit was with Spectral Throw without Resolute Technique and almost no accuracy nodes and stats on your equipment.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
newbsauce87 wrote:
I'm about 19k dos with mathils build but I use legacy thunderfists and skiped some life nodes for more atk speed

can you post your gearset and a screenshot of that dps?

ign sweetumss
"
DelightfulD wrote:
Anvilfang, I'm curious to know what your chance to hit was with Spectral Throw without Resolute Technique and almost no accuracy nodes and stats on your equipment.

About 88%. Finesse gives +20% which helped tremendously. Plus my Sword, Helm, and Gloves provide +Accuracy (not a lot, but enough to make a difference).
"
Anvilfang wrote:
"
DelightfulD wrote:

About 88%. Finesse gives +20% which helped tremendously. Plus my Sword, Helm, and Gloves provide +Accuracy (not a lot, but enough to make a difference).

Thanks for the quick answer. I did see Finesse, but I think I missed one ore even 2 accuracy stats on your gear when I went over it :) Still it's a shame you died before getting to the high maps. I'm still sceptical whether this build is sustainable without RT, at least when things like reflect on big packs come into play. Losing some of your healing becomes more and more threatening later on.
Hey, i read most of the People have around 10k ++ DPS and im only around 7.5k and 4.3k Life if i press C
with Spectral Throw like 9k.
Any ideas what to fix to have the Same amount of DPS like they do?

GEAR :

Passive Skill Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0XLxmFGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qIuokqiSwJ-0tgy9vMZ4yCTKJNZI26TrhOyg8LUZxSshN41XGVdZX4lnzWlJgQ2TnZp5sRm49bqpvnnC7cmxyqXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRiPGPRpBVkyeXBptdm7WiAKZXpwinhKiaqW6sWayqtAy18rc-uJO748AawzrEosT2xp7GrspKzerPZdDQ037UI9kT4Yjjaudj6NbsOPF28kXyl_ba-tL7Cf4K_o_-ug==

Would appreciate any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info