Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
I know it's meant for a solo build... but how does this builds damage hold up in a group of 3 or 4?

It holds up perfectly fine, I have been running 77s and 78s with a full group and I can hold my own and buff the group's dps a lot with Anger and Wrath especially for Split Arrow guys whose DPS I can almost double.

Do you guys think in a group situation it would be worth taking Static Blows to help shock stack quickly seeing as half the build's damage is lightning and we attack so fast that shock stacking should be no problem at all?

I see, thanks for the response. I had been contemplating whether to go something very similar to this build, or something similar using split arrow. You say you out DPS split arrow guys by a lot though? I suppose your attack speed would be quite a bit more. I'd love to have you elaborate more on this build vs a similar build using split arrow.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, has anyone tried to run this build using IR+Grace? Thanks.

Edit: Something like this possibly? I just did it real quick not sure if it's the best or not... but you would have a ton of armor. Would have to drop Haste for Grace though...

You misunderstood :P I meant I can double their DPS with the auras haha

I tried Iron Reflexes with Grace yes but it just doesn't work as well.. EV truly is the way to go with this spec.. I personally don't use Haste as I prefer the boost in evasion from Grace as I prefer to play more defensively
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 7, 2014, 12:55:52 PM
I'm about 19k dos with mathils build but I use legacy thunderfists and skiped some life nodes for more atk speed
ign sweetumss
"
newbsauce87 wrote:
I use legacy thunderfists

jerk
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
newbsauce87 wrote:
I'm about 19k dos with mathils build but I use legacy thunderfists and skiped some life nodes for more atk speed

can you post your gearset and a screenshot of that dps?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I can't wait till I level one more time, I'm 67 and at 68 get to upgrade from:

to my new baby that cost me 2 ex:

I know it isn't the highest DPS weapon out there, but it's what I could afford and a very solid sword.

Now if I can just get gear with enough life on it to continue upping my DPS.

Here's my total set of gear:

Spoiler

hey guys, came across this nice 1h ele damage sword. Listed at 200 edps and 2+ attacks per second. Selling it at a low 1 ex for my fellow buzzsaws! :) PM me if interested!
Last edited by jdoog123 on Feb 9, 2014, 3:14:53 AM
are those 4 points to finesse really worth it? (through heart of oak)
Wouldn't they be better spent getting 20% shock chance whit static blows?
or perhaps ondar's guile
Any thoughts on Prism Guardian and running Grace with lv20 Reduced Mana as 6th aura?
"
borek664 wrote:
Any thoughts on Prism Guardian and running Grace with lv20 Reduced Mana as 6th aura?

Compare Prism Guardian to my Shield...

I have 95 life on my shield, prism guardian has zero
I have 1,700 evasion, prism guardian has zero
I have 30% block chance, prism guardian 24%

Prism guardian has a lot more resist.

So, I have a 6% higher chance to block. Prism Guardian (zero evasion) with Grace running would have to increase evade chance by 6% over my shield in order to have equal avoidance. I doubt it would.

You would lose about 15% of your life to reservation as well as the increase that the +95 life on my shield brings. That is a massive amount of life.

With this build, you need a very large health pool to absorb the hits that get through. Anything that you do that lowers your health pool will be painfull.

With regard to the resist difference, It is pretty easy to overcap so they really do not help.
Last edited by Daarknight on Feb 9, 2014, 10:20:45 AM
Pretty new to POE and chose this build to be my first real build that I put time and effort into. I have enjoyed leveling with it and found it much more playable than some of the other builds I tried when I first started. Love that I can solo so much of the game.

I have some questions though (they might be kind of newbish):

I'm not seeing the huge dps numbers that some of you guys are seeing. Is that a product of my weapon?
Spoiler

I have followed the skill tree almost exactly as it is and am only around 2.5k at lvl 75.

The 5l chest I have has 3g/2r so I have faster attacks instead of weapon elemental damage, is that the problem?

I'm now at the point where I'm trying to find gear that I won't be upgrading unless I find something really amazing. As a poor newb I have to do it somewhat cheaper than most. Am I right in trying to get as much life + elemental damage in rings and resists in boots, chest, shield, helm? Evasion in chest, helm, shield?

I also don't understand how you have enough dxt and int to (1) use the weapon you do, and (2) have the auras completely leveled. I have 160 dxt and 136 int. How do I get more?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info