Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
jack90 wrote:
After playing rampage for 10days I just want to say this is still a viable build, currently doing almost 12k dps(many gems still lv18) and expect to do higher dmg later. took out lifeleech from the pre1.2 build and replace it with added cold damage, so far enjoying those quick freezing attacks.

Heya, could you post your Tree? I'm running a Buzzy in Rampage as well, and my DPS/Survivability is hella lame.

I'm at the point where I need to farm for gear/currency to get the Alpha's/6link, but my HP is low as shit. I am using Ondars/Acrobatics to maintain a decent EHP, but I want to make sure I have the right pathing before I spec out of those into other passives.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out where I went wrong - I was still taking ALL the Reduced Reservation nodes instead of quick footing it across the tree.

Should be able to buff up easily with my respec points.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 2, 2014, 6:22:09 PM
"
"
jack90 wrote:
After playing rampage for 10days I just want to say this is still a viable build, currently doing almost 12k dps(many gems still lv18) and expect to do higher dmg later. took out lifeleech from the pre1.2 build and replace it with added cold damage, so far enjoying those quick freezing attacks.

Heya, could you post your Tree? I'm running a Buzzy in Rampage as well, and my DPS/Survivability is hella lame.

I'm at the point where I need to farm for gear/currency to get the Alpha's/6link, but my HP is low as shit. I am using Ondars/Acrobatics to maintain a decent EHP, but I want to make sure I have the right pathing before I spec out of those into other passives.

Should be able to buff up easily with my respec points.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIACC6bjRmO7YMAXtN-_rp9dcSiu-OXBi2DGo_22vsJGYqbtRa_D6tTNVHZsJL_k2HiJpVVS4w2r-vKSsM6gwlvnlFMrEd9WypNSsg_J7XybqrYvTWS_gq3PsauPC356EGHxp4Qfwx9gseX_n69xPasqiftfNlyqWaewBpZ8xcv-tJk51XWgKSG0SSw42o26Ro4p4SQVew4d-VX4hRNBLMyiaIA8B8fQQMehxlsFvxLtDjlGfv1RXyXl7EFuNCBr9o6KPoCcRUgIuJH4tCBpDnhiEZx

Here it is, only slightly different from mathil's around Harrier, I think GGG buffed flask nodes and it is useful to get the flask recovery +50% and sacrifice some % of life.

If you got those nodes then this flask will be recovering 5241 over 4sec.

and get 2x instant flasks like this one will heal like 1469 per use, each of them can be used 3 times before killing any mobs.
▒▒▒░░ ♕ my SHOP http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008755 ♕ ░░▒▒▒
▒▒▒░░ ♕ my IGN: RampageStRanger ♕ ░░▒▒▒
Could you recreate leveling trees for the new build? The ones for the 1.1 patch are completely useless now.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
Could you recreate leveling trees for the new build? The ones for the 1.1 patch are completely useless now.

This build is not optimal for Scion anymore.

I believe Shadow, followed by ranger is the best way to do it at the moment.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
"
chosk80 wrote:

Not optimal but it's not bad either.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 3, 2014, 8:33:30 AM
"
chosk80 wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

... and so? The old leveling trees were for a Shadow start.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Mathil wrote:
"
SnoogDogg wrote:
Thanks for updating us man! That is actually the way I ended up building. With the exception of Resolute Techniques, I have 80% chance to hit currently, is that 20% miss really that much? Sometimes I find myself chain freezing mobs and walking over fully shocked corpses so I have been hesitant to grab Resolute Techniques. I understand my crit rate is low (8.5%), but seeing the occasional elemental crit effects makes me really happy. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, you're missing 20% dps that way. Your dps should take a substantial jump when you grab it. Of course it's up to you if you'd rather occasionally have a spike of damage but overall it's not worth it.
I too have been playing around, speccing out of RT. As you say you lose a bit of consistent damage. However consider this:

With crits working the way they do with elemental damage (chill, freeze, shock, ignite etc.) and with HoI actually being primarily an AoE spell (rather than an aura) which does most of it's damage to other enemies when you shatter an enemy close by, actually *not* taking RT is a viable option. Otherwise you're leaving this not inconsiderable part of HoI's damage on the table.

This is especially true with mobs where HoI's AoE damage kicks in most - but also with single targets where the sheer speed of a Buzzsaw can keep the target under the influence of elemental effects almost constantly.

<shrug> It only takes a couple Regrets to try it out for yourselves. The AoE effect of HoI at higher levels is fairly large when all of the ver.1.2 increased elemental damage (rather than WED in 1.1x) is taken into account.

RT does give more consistent damage but you can't just use a flat percentage figure to compare when it comes to the effects of ele crits - and HoI's AoE. That's a very complex equation.

Thanks for the build Mathil.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Sep 3, 2014, 9:08:05 PM
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
"
SnoogDogg wrote:
Thanks for updating us man! That is actually the way I ended up building. With the exception of Resolute Techniques, I have 80% chance to hit currently, is that 20% miss really that much? Sometimes I find myself chain freezing mobs and walking over fully shocked corpses so I have been hesitant to grab Resolute Techniques. I understand my crit rate is low (8.5%), but seeing the occasional elemental crit effects makes me really happy. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, you're missing 20% dps that way. Your dps should take a substantial jump when you grab it. Of course it's up to you if you'd rather occasionally have a spike of damage but overall it's not worth it.
I too have been playing around, speccing out of RT. As you say you lose a bit of consistent damage. However consider this:

With crits working the way they do with elemental damage (chill, freeze, shock, ignite etc.) and with HoI actually being primarily an AoE spell (rather than an aura) which does most of it's damage to other enemies when you shatter an enemy close by, actually *not* taking RT is a viable option. Otherwise you're leaving this not inconsiderable part of HoI's damage on the table.

This is especially true with mobs where HoI's AoE damage kicks in most - but also with single targets where the sheer speed of a Buzzsaw can keep the target under the influence of elemental effects almost constantly.

<shrug> It only takes a couple Regrets to try it out for yourselves. The AoE effect of HoI at higher levels is fairly large when all of the ver.1.2 increased elemental damage (rather than WED in 1.1x) is taken into account.

RT does give more consistent damage but you can't just use a flat percentage figure to compare when it comes to the effects of ele crits - and HoI's AoE. That's a very complex equation.

Thanks for the build Mathil.

I think this is why many are opting to drop life leech in a 6l for a quality added cold damage. A 20% gem has a 10% chance to freeze which is pretty decent considering the attack speed of this build.
IGN: JohnnySweetlips
"
I think this is why many are opting to drop life leech in a 6l for a quality added cold damage. A 20% gem has a 10% chance to freeze which is pretty decent considering the attack speed of this build.
Yeah, I can see how that would assist in getting more out of HoI.

[rant]
A 6L? Man, I've been playing going on two years now and, despite many many attempts haven't managed to get a 6L (other than a Tab Rassa). I've spent many hours doing dedicated 'orb runs' in areas that are fast to clear, collecting all rare and even sometimes magic stuff to vendor for alt shards to upgrade to fusings.... It seems I've spent half of the time I've been playing this game chasing that elusive 6L.

My Buzzsaw is a pale shadow of it's former self after patch 1.2. By the time I'd levelled the required gems I was soloing some quite hard maps, up to level 74 and easily partying level 72 maps (most parties are on US servers and I'm in NZ, my pings go up from ~80ms to ~500ms when I play on US)... Well now post patch 1.2 my buzzer dies in fairly easy level 69 maps! These are maps I used to be able to do almost with my eyes closed (actually I wouldn't bother doing maps that low, they got stashed).

That 6th link would make all of the difference but meantime I'm going to look at re-speccing another toon to play as my primary as this is just too damn depressing. Yet another of my builds (hours and hours of gem levelling) nerfed by 'balancing'. Anyone would think this game was still in beta....
[/rant]

Cheers,
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Sep 4, 2014, 2:17:18 AM
I'm going to start playing on the new HC league. Is this build viable?
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info