Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
kasub wrote:
Any reason to take 8 WED over 8 projectile damage?

Nope, it's actually marginally worse since proj damage also increased the phys portion but nvm that.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Hammerzzz wrote:
Hey Mathil, I am currently in standard at level 74, and I seem to have hit a roadblock. I really want to start farming Dominus, but my runs always end up with 1 death at least and take about 15 minutes. Is there any way I could improve my gear with my currency? If so, how could I allocate my currency appropriately?

My Gear:
Spoiler

My Currency
Spoiler
http://gyazo.com/b09e6575ea307bec9ee744674b115dba

Why do you have Hatred on your boots? It's completely useless for this build.

You should be leveling Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning. Especially with dominus lightning helps more. You have 2 totems (decoy and rejuvination) go ahead and keep rejuvination but drop decoy and hatred. You can keep purity of elements until lightning is leveled more since it seems you don't have enough resists on gear.

Also, I'd probably drop frenzy. try replacing it with culling strike maybe and save that up for when dominus is at his end. Or just use a 2nd regular spectral throw and you can add Rarity gem (rechrome) if you do that obviously.

You may look into a 5link lightning coil soon enough as it will add some survivability over a tab at the cost of some dps.

Your rings and amulets have little to no life on them. Yes, you have WED and maybe you can sell them for some that have less WED but life and resists (or 1 of them for now).

Also, I see quicksilvers but no topaz or sapphire flasks. Both would help with dominus more. Take cast on death off to launch a portal before going up to him, head to town and swap out flasks. Then you can put it back (or leave flasks in inventory) or keep cast on death off since it's not needed.

Again, many people seem to be focusing too much on maximizing dps before their survivability. You can save gear like that for when your life pool is higher and gems are leveled and you can clear faster (like piety or dominus farming). But you want to be able to survive to level up.

------
Dominus: I generally use the wall at the bottom of the screen to block his stupid lightning bugs. Run around that to hit him and hide easily.
Then when he kneels down I cast a new portal to his back right so that IF I die I would be able to go to laboratory, turn on auras then portal right inside his stupid bubble and continue killing him.
If you die it's good to bring 1 portal scroll so you can turn that on fast (faster than portal gem). If you think you'll die again.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Just a question, but why is the lvl progression in the Shadow tree >.>, I thought this was supposed to be a Scion Build.
I'm wanting to upgrade my items but I've no clue what I should upgrade next and so on. I don't have any experience at my current level since this is my first character to reach this high so I'm kind of confused. I'm not quite sure how to set up my flasks either so help on that would me much appreciated.

Thanks guy.

Spoiler
"
No_Recoil wrote:
Just a question, but why is the lvl progression in the Shadow tree >.>, I thought this was supposed to be a Scion Build.

In the OP, Mathil explains that you can start as either a scion, shadow or ranger; and explains the advantages of each race.

Mathil originally developed this build as a scion on Domination, then did shadow on Ambush.

He does show the trees for all 3 races he recommends.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
ocha wrote:

I don't know if this has been answered already in this thread, but did you friend take Acrobatics, Ondar's Guile or IR for Invasion?

Also, I am level 55 at the moment and while I found that clearing rooms with this is great, single target damage is very lacklustre and takes me a while to kill invaders (or i will have to skip most of them).

He took none of those keystones, the modifications he made to the build was just going for block off the ranger side of the tree and a lil more life. My friend was armour evasion hybrid like Etup last HC league - ripped level 94 a couple weeks ago to desync, nothing you can do :(

Thanks for the reply... and RIP to you friend :((((
"
Deimsify wrote:
I'm wanting to upgrade my items but I've no clue what I should upgrade next and so on. I don't have any experience at my current level since this is my first character to reach this high so I'm kind of confused. I'm not quite sure how to set up my flasks either so help on that would me much appreciated.

Thanks guy.

Spoiler

You really need more life. Almost all your pieces are missing the stat. You could probably find upgrades on your gloves and jewelry pretty cheaply
has this build gone down in price at all? i recall when atziri was killed the prices of Aplha;s went up by 3ex's.

is it still cheap?
"
Griever114 wrote:
has this build gone down in price at all? i recall when atziri was killed the prices of Aplha;s went up by 3ex's.

is it still cheap?

Alpha's is only ~3.5 ex ish now so it's cheaper than at the start of the league - maybe you can pull off the basics of the build with ~5-6 ex only.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Griever114 wrote:

is it still cheap?

Alpha's is only ~3.5 ex ish now so it's cheaper than at the start of the league - maybe you can pull off the basics of the build with ~5-6 ex only.

thanks for the fast reply. quick question...

would this work as a good starter weapon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info