Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

i got my hand on this nice foil lately.
When i get my hand on a divine and a spare exalt i'll try to improve it (rerolling the cold dmg and hoping for fire dmg with the exalt.)
Do you think it's worth it? it's the best foil i have so far and getting WED and max ias on a foil is pretty hard i think.

Also, for all of you who cannot afford an Alphas Howl yet.
You might want to get your hands on this helmet:

It improved my DPS from 5.5k to 6k right now, and i have really crappy gear and auras are only lvl 18 without the helmet. You can also use an empower lvl 1 if you want with this helmet, since the empower would be lvl 2 in the helmet and thus empower your wrath and anger aura by one more lvl. looks like a cheap way for a alphas substitute if you can't afford one.
What do you think?
I have tried a few different 2.11 speed with lower eDPS on them and this one seems to give me higher tooltip dmg.

Have yet to try the calculator/spreadsheet or whatever it is, it's linked somewhere in this monster thread somewhere......
"
Maverick1st wrote:
You can also use an empower lvl 1 if you want with this helmet, since the empower would be lvl 2 in the helmet and thus empower your wrath and anger aura by one more lvl. looks like a cheap way for a alphas substitute if you can't afford one.
What do you think?

was wrong here, oops
Last edited by Gryphyn on Apr 24, 2014, 12:43:27 PM
"
Gryphyn wrote:
I have tried a few different 2.11 speed with lower eDPS on them and this one seems to give me higher tooltip dmg.

Have yet to try the calculator/spreadsheet or whatever it is, it's linked somewhere in this monster thread somewhere......

Hehehe monster thread indeed....iirc it is somewhere between page 197 and 234 -or- you can search for posts by the author...

Madcow1120

Found it:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708/page/207#p7483557
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Apr 24, 2014, 4:18:42 AM
"
Maverick1st wrote:
i got my hand on this nice foil lately.
When i get my hand on a divine and a spare exalt i'll try to improve it (rerolling the cold dmg and hoping for fire dmg with the exalt.)
Do you think it's worth it? it's the best foil i have so far and getting WED and max ias on a foil is pretty hard i think.

Also, for all of you who cannot afford an Alphas Howl yet.
You might want to get your hands on this helmet:

It improved my DPS from 5.5k to 6k right now, and i have really crappy gear and auras are only lvl 18 without the helmet. You can also use an empower lvl 1 if you want with this helmet, since the empower would be lvl 2 in the helmet and thus empower your wrath and anger aura by one more lvl. looks like a cheap way for a alphas substitute if you can't afford one.
What do you think?

You cant craft anything useful on that foil, also diving will only make it worse.
"
"
Gryphyn wrote:

Hehehe monster thread indeed....iirc it is somewhere between page 197 and 234 -or- you can search for posts by the author...

Madcow1120

Found it:

Thanks for the calculator link, plugged in all my information and it was very close to my tooltip DPS (off by 25).

Going from a 2.09 APS 200 eDPS to a 2.16 APS 200 eDPS I gain about 250 overall DPS. I only use a 5 link set up, if I add in a 20/20 faster attacks its a gain of 500 overall DPS.

Pretty hard to justify spending 10+ exalts on a weapon for the increase on a 5 link set up. The one I bought for 3 chaos will do just fine :)
@ Maverick1st

To expand upon what BACKREAP said in a nutshell;

First off, before you start throwing divines and exalts and eternals on items, do some research.

Here are a couple sites to look at;

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54003

http://www.poemods.com/

So, your foil can only have up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes; yours has 3P and 1S.

Each affix has several tiers (look at poemods). A divine will only change the numbers within the originally rolled tier! So, in the case of your cold damage NOTHING will change. Your IAS will drop to 26%, lighting will most likely drop. Only your WED has a chance of getting better...

Since you already have 3 prefixes, you have no chance at all getting fire damage; instead you will roll a suffix, many of which are not really desireable.

So, don't waste your divine/exalt orbs on that foil. Most I might consider is throwing a vaal orb on it, hoping for culling strike to use for piety/dom farming.

Edit:
Occasionally you will see items with 7 or even 8 mods on them, making them appear to have up to 4P/4S. If you take a close look at poemods, you will see a few affixes that are actually 2 combined mods....ie. Local Physical Damage/Local Accuracy Rating (I believe those are known as Hybrids). Hope all this helps.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Apr 24, 2014, 11:13:59 AM
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
Maverick1st wrote:
You can also use an empower lvl 1 if you want with this helmet, since the empower would be lvl 2 in the helmet and thus empower your wrath and anger aura by one more lvl. looks like a cheap way for a alphas substitute if you can't afford one.
What do you think?

Empower has no effect on auras as far as I know :(

Then your Empower is level 1. Empower raises Aura levels at level 2 and 3. However, that's only really something for low-life builds to play with, we don't have enough space to reserve more mana.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 24, 2014, 11:11:57 AM
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
"
Gryphyn wrote:

Madcow1120

Found it:

Thanks for the calculator link, plugged in all my information and it was very close to my tooltip DPS (off by 25).

Going from a 2.09 APS 200 eDPS to a 2.16 APS 200 eDPS I gain about 250 overall DPS. I only use a 5 link set up, if I add in a 20/20 faster attacks its a gain of 500 overall DPS.

Pretty hard to justify spending 10+ exalts on a weapon for the increase on a 5 link set up. The one I bought for 3 chaos will do just fine :)

it grows a lot more once you get your auras at high level. (remember to add +2 to the levels of the gems in alpha's.)

For instance. My gems are all level 19 (been playing another character on and off with little time else they'd be level 20). IF I add faster attacks 20/20 my dps would rise ~2.1K.

WED on jewelry and belt helps too. Not really sure where you are with your character. But those minor differences pay off late game.

I know I have a 2.11 aps sword and a 2.16. I have to double check my calculator on those numbers. I know the sheet isn't perfect. It's off by a tiny amount which is annoying to me. But yeah, you'll gain at least 200-500 dps on the attack speed alone. That's pretty awesome. Of course, I'd go for WED on rings/ammy/belt first personally and check all the foils that drop and ask friends to be on the lookout.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
Maverick1st wrote:
What do you think?

Empower has no effect on auras as far as I know :(

Then your Empower is level 1. Empower raises Aura levels at level 2 and 3. However, that's only really something for low-life builds to play with, we don't have enough space to reserve more mana.

Since geofri's crest raises level of all gems by 1 it will also raise lvl of empower from 1 to two and thus the empower will raise the levels of the auras. Or do i miss something here?

@Björn_Angannon.
Thx for your answer. I'll save my exalts and divines then.
I'm sill happy with that foil and i don't think i'll get a better one that soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info