Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Ok, so I've just finished Apex of Sacrifice (finally found Midnight) on my first attempt after burning through 4 portals in the process and would like to share observations from the run.

1. Double Vaals. I highly recommend killing both at once. The Fleet mod the remaining Vaal gets is really dangerous. Also get at least 2 Topaz Flasks with 'dispel shocked' mod or you gonna get triple shocked and killed by amplified damage from adds/other Vaal in no time. I found Vaal's Ice Storm more of a nuisance rather than real threat so Sapphire Flask isn't neccessary imo. Didn't die although I had close call here.

2. Trio boss room. All you need here is good tactics and the fight will be a walk in the park. Bosses don't deal elemental damage apart from the guy that casts some kind of fiery buff on himself that applies fire damage on-hit. The goal is to kill every boss here in the middle of the room so the chaos damage cloud which spawns after their death won't block your path. What I found most effective in the fight was the 'hit & run' technique. Simply curse the boss that stands in the middle/is chasing you, hit him few times and run. Very important note: DON'T GET GREEDY! You'll eventually kill them and 2 hits more aren't worth losing valuable portal. I died here once because of that. Got chain-stunned in the spike rain to death.

3. Atziri. Resists and flasks are the key to victory here. Her spear did take good chunk of my health if it hit me and bleeding was annoying but flasks & leech took care of it most of the time. I decided to fight with her using Saffell which lowered my total HP by around 250 as well as evasion by about 2k but bumped max resists from 84% to 89% which turned out to be wise move (apart from those damn spears). In her normal phase I noticed that storm calls didn't take much HP and I could tank it provided:
a) it was only 1 storm call at the time hitting me
b) I was constantly hitting her thus leeching
Worth noting is the fact I didn't get shocked throughout the whole fight but that might've been due to the 89% lightning resist.
Healing phase was somewhat difficult because of the fact the mobs tend to spawn at various locations and it can be hard to take them out. Also, if you are cursing them you probably curse yourself thanks to cursing Atziri. This might be very dangerous after the mobs are gone and Atziri almost immediately casts enhanced Flameblast. Flask with 'immunity to curses' mod is helpful here if you don't intend on avoiding the spell.
Clone phase is what I feared the most and it turned out to be the easiest part of the encounter. At 89% fire resist with Saffel alone I facetanked the Flameblast clone thanks to leech. However, in order to facetank her I had to stand so that I could've been hitting both Flameblast and the spear throwing clone at the same time. Any storm calls that happened to be casted near me or on the spot I was standing were dealt with popping Topaz Flask.

All in all it's a difficult map that requires certain amount of skill and preparation in order to kill Atziri and her guardians. I don't think I'll visit it again any time soon, the time it takes to find all four pieces of map is not worth the reward although the map serves as a great test of your knowledge and skill in the game.

Gear and tree if someone was interested:

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHRQdqiLqI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpOyg8jkZxSVFKfVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptYENk52aeZ6BtbG17bj1vnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtaIApwinXKeErKq0DLQ4tUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs3qz2XQ0NN-1CPW0dkT4YjjauUZ6Nbquuvu7DjuDu967_DwH_F289322vrS-wn8xf66
Last edited by borek664 on Apr 25, 2014, 10:22:42 AM
@borek664

Congrats on the Atrizi kill! I thought it was pretty much mandatory to have a 6 link, been saving like a bastard for one.

I'm just curious what your tooltip DPS and total health is at? I might give her a shot this weekend :)
Tooltip says its 9k, health with regular shield is 5,3k, with Saffell it goes down to 5067.
Last edited by borek664 on Apr 25, 2014, 10:22:54 AM
Im trying this build and having some issues with high ASP and low level blood magic gem usage. 1.5 APS+ and lvl 25 don't seem to go well with blood magic. My life is dropping to fast haha. How did you fix this?
"
Miská wrote:
Im trying this build and having some issues with high ASP and low level blood magic gem usage. 1.5 APS+ and lvl 25 don't seem to go well with blood magic. My life is dropping to fast haha. How did you fix this?

Don't use BM at that level lol... mana flasks will do until ~40-50
Without BM you can't really run aura's though wich in turn will make your dps really bad?
Is Rebuke of the Vaal useful for this build?
"
Is Rebuke of the Vaal useful for this build?

with

with

The difference? Increased Attack Speed.

Edit:

For some fun, took a white ilvl 77 fancy foil, spent 1 trans, 7 alts and 1 aug...

17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Apr 26, 2014, 1:01:34 AM

Made another 1st tier as foil, dam so low ele dmgs qq :S. Took lot more alts than before. I dont use these since dps seems drop some. Or it would be still better use these 1st tier as weps even if dps drops compared to slower weps?
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrChalyps
Alright I have now got the gear I needed and I'm now level 71

Heres my gear now since my last post 1-2 days ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info