PvP Progress Update

"
MullaXul wrote:
Bottom line is, whats the image of pvp GGG is after.

A bunch of pussies crying that everyone's not the same level,using the same gear so its not fair for them. The same pussification most of the world now embraces day to day. Whats next do you want to be a 6 figure salary pro mma fighter too. But you can't fight and everyone has to be the same weight/height and discipline as you so its fair? If you win you're a bad ass, if you lose its because the guy didnt take a dump that morning and weighs 1-2lbs more so it was imbalanced.

Or true pvp'rs that understand theres imbalance in things. That theirs build diversity and match up knowledge and gear grinding all to be the better player. That its not an "item check" because only a douche can make such a claim when you have passive tree and gem diversity that can make a lower level character counter a higher level one (match ups,knowledge...diversity). That only "bitch" about balance in regards to certain overly broken features, with the ultimate goal being more diversity and less cookie cutter pvp. This pvp is fine as it is,it requires a few tweaks and ideally a more open hostility button approach. But as is, its doing what it should be. If you aren't at the same level skill/item/character/build wise as someone else...get there.

Well said.

I've been pvp'ing pretty much straight since it was released in closed beta. For the most part if people are designing their builds specifically for pvp... melee, casters, archers, summoners, etc... are generally pretty equal. Kind of like a rock, paper, scissors approach.

Yes summoners. since I know people will qq about it. If you don't believe me, make a low life, dual redbeak, bear trap, faster casting, MI, molten shell, punishment summoner. It wrecks almost all melee.

A few tweaks need to be made but overall people understanding counters and knowing how to put a passive tree properly for pvp will out play an amazingly geared player with lesser knowledge of the former.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 6, 2013, 12:46:33 PM
Open PvP please. It's all we want.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Thanks Chris. Your dedication to communication and responding to the players still amazes me.
Will there be a point system with rewards like in race seasons?

I'm not really interested in races but I'm always drooling over the alternate art items. I'd be super stoked if the pvp seasons had a similar setup.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Awesome news overall. More PvP = better.
Hey, wasnt there some other company with a similar type game who said: oh sorry we didnt include pvp in our launch, we'll get it ready in 18 months or so :P
so will the american servers for pvp be just as much desync and PvE? shits gotten out of hand on the US servers (west coast) lately almost to the point of unplayable. seriously fix the fucking netcode and stop comming out with microtransactions
I am the type of player that really does not care about PvP. I just hope that this new dueling feature has a way to turn off receiving dueling request. Where in options you would be able to check an box and you will not get any request for PvP.

The reason I ask for this is because there will no doubt be some persistent players that will keep pestering you until you fight them. This is something that I would not want to be annoyed with.
Can't wait to kick my friends' asses with the duel.
I wish more focus was spent on desync rather than this type of stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info