PvP Progress Update

bear trap culling strike or max block aegis aurora or quill rain EA or some type of glass cannon EK = pvp
"
bear trap culling strike or max block aegis aurora or quill rain EA or some type of glass cannon EK = pvp

I hope everyone is using the same build. It would make it easier to make a counter build and rule the scene.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Maniaa wrote:
"
gearing a character for PoE isn't something you can really do quickly. There'd be definite issues if we could all, say, start a pvp match with a blank slate at any level but 1. Then there's the issue of gems, which would be a whole other nightmare.

Untrue. Gearing is an issue mostly because of currencies. If you had unlimited amount of currencies, you could probably gear any character for any build without leaving the town.

Let's take an example of what we can do. I don't think lvl.100 with unlimited currencies IS the best format, but I'll take it for this example just because is that one that is less influenced by RNG.

- Everyone start lvl.100, with 117 passives points available (no bandits reward).
- Currencies are unlimited and free to access.
- New NPCs : Skills Gems, Supports Gems, Flasks, Weapons, Armours and Jewellerys.
- Every Gem is full XP at any moment. You can level them as wished (recipe with gem+scouring is still working).
- Orb of Chance now has 100% chance to upgrade an item to Unique.
- Jeweller's Orb now re-roll the number of sockets cyclically.
- Orb of Fusing now re-roll the number of linked sockets cyclically (one 0 link, five 1 link possibility, etc...)

I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, but what is the problem for this example ? What can't you do in a warm up (1h, 1 day, 1 week, who care) before a PvP tournament ?

"
Like or not, separating pvp and pve as regards characters with PoE probably isn't going to happen, any more than it did with D2.

Diablo 2 is old, and the PvP was a mess. Let's not do the same mistakes again because a game did it 13 years ago.

please stop talking u had the worst ideas i have EVER seen on this forum??!? unlimited currency?!?! every1 has the same level?!?!?! all gems full exp??! u do realize this is the worst idea ever and NO ONE will support this EVER.. ppl want to play their own character, many of us enjoy making a pvp character and pve character, and the point is to farm gear and use the hard earned / farmed gear to fight against other players, not getting everything handed to you, this is not GW2 now please stop talking.
Thanks Chris, I'm really looking forward to this! And hopefully fighting you!
Very good news as always.
"Sorry for my bad English"
"
Thomassonigo wrote:
"
Maniaa wrote:
"
gearing a character for PoE isn't something you can really do quickly. There'd be definite issues if we could all, say, start a pvp match with a blank slate at any level but 1. Then there's the issue of gems, which would be a whole other nightmare.

Untrue. Gearing is an issue mostly because of currencies. If you had unlimited amount of currencies, you could probably gear any character for any build without leaving the town.

Let's take an example of what we can do. I don't think lvl.100 with unlimited currencies IS the best format, but I'll take it for this example just because is that one that is less influenced by RNG.

- Everyone start lvl.100, with 117 passives points available (no bandits reward).
- Currencies are unlimited and free to access.
- New NPCs : Skills Gems, Supports Gems, Flasks, Weapons, Armours and Jewellerys.
- Every Gem is full XP at any moment. You can level them as wished (recipe with gem+scouring is still working).
- Orb of Chance now has 100% chance to upgrade an item to Unique.
- Jeweller's Orb now re-roll the number of sockets cyclically.
- Orb of Fusing now re-roll the number of linked sockets cyclically (one 0 link, five 1 link possibility, etc...)

I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, but what is the problem for this example ? What can't you do in a warm up (1h, 1 day, 1 week, who care) before a PvP tournament ?

"
Like or not, separating pvp and pve as regards characters with PoE probably isn't going to happen, any more than it did with D2.

Diablo 2 is old, and the PvP was a mess. Let's not do the same mistakes again because a game did it 13 years ago.

please stop talking u had the worst ideas i have EVER seen on this forum??!? unlimited currency?!?! every1 has the same level?!?!?! all gems full exp??! u do realize this is the worst idea ever and NO ONE will support this EVER.. ppl want to play their own character, many of us enjoy making a pvp character and pve character, and the point is to farm gear and use the hard earned / farmed gear to fight against other players, not getting everything handed to you, this is not GW2 now please stop talking.

That's an awesome idea. It would promote those with faster reflexes above those with more time to farm currencies like some monkeys, going back and forth Lunaris / Dominus runs or trading (because you don't get 'rich' killing difficult mobs but flipping items in trade chat).
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Dec 6, 2013, 6:14:40 AM
"
Thomassonigo wrote:

What is your problem with Maniaas ideas?
At least, all players have the same opportunities and it depends on the skill of the individual and not on the loot luck or purchases from cash shops.
Or is exactly this your problem?
Are you in search of victims or enemies?
"
Thomassonigo wrote:

You're getting mad but you're not throwing any argument in the conversation.

Let me know if there is a single game which has a successfull PvP with "farmed gears".

If you, and "people" like you're saying, enjoy making a PvP character, why there is no one playing PvP actually ? I mean, it's something you can do since Closed Beta more than a year ago. Why no one is playing it ? What people are waiting ?
Dear Cris i dont kwon how you can realyze usefull pvp. PVP in POE its one shot in most times. For Example=HP character 4000 and dps 2000+ or more. I dont see balance HP and Damage in PVP. 15 second pvp match its not fun. Who fast = win
"
Maniaa wrote:
Diablo 2 is old, and the PvP was a mess.
Let's not do the same mistakes again because a game did it 13 years ago.

Exactly, just because one ancient game did something a century ago doesnt mean another game from these days must copy those bad parts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info