PvP Progress Update

Can we expect to have some interface options in the future? for example, resizing the chat or mini map?
"
knac84 wrote:
"
blitzs wrote:
nice progress but please show the damage done in text.
ggg pls

No. gtfo.

Please don't argue. Every feature of this type can be OPTIONAL - switch ON/OFF to your preference.
Lets go back to topic!
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"
I sort of wish Capture the Flag got more attention and was more accessible. From all accounts it's a lot of fun, but no one's really talking about it.

A feature such as easy-to-facilitate friendly CTF matches with guild mates would be amazing, and eventually between guilds.

Placing it in the same mostly ignored system as the existing pvp setup really didn't do it justice.

It's my understanding that we'll be able to put CTF events in the new Tournament Seasons (if people enjoy them and feel they fit, of course). This should bring them a lot more exposure.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Good news, I`m waiting for this pvp tournaments.
"
gearing a character for PoE isn't something you can really do quickly. There'd be definite issues if we could all, say, start a pvp match with a blank slate at any level but 1. Then there's the issue of gems, which would be a whole other nightmare.

Untrue. Gearing is an issue mostly because of currencies. If you had unlimited amount of currencies, you could probably gear any character for any build without leaving the town.

Let's take an example of what we can do. I don't think lvl.100 with unlimited currencies IS the best format, but I'll take it for this example just because is that one that is less influenced by RNG.

- Everyone start lvl.100, with 117 passives points available (no bandits reward).
- Currencies are unlimited and free to access.
- New NPCs : Skills Gems, Supports Gems, Flasks, Weapons, Armours and Jewellerys.
- Every Gem is full XP at any moment. You can level them as wished (recipe with gem+scouring is still working).
- Orb of Chance now has 100% chance to upgrade an item to Unique.
- Jeweller's Orb now re-roll the number of sockets cyclically.
- Orb of Fusing now re-roll the number of linked sockets cyclically (one 0 link, five 1 link possibility, etc...)

I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, but what is the problem for this example ? What can't you do in a warm up (1h, 1 day, 1 week, who care) before a PvP tournament ?

"
Like or not, separating pvp and pve as regards characters with PoE probably isn't going to happen, any more than it did with D2.

Diablo 2 is old, and the PvP was a mess. Let's not do the same mistakes again because a game did it 13 years ago.
"
missmisiowa wrote:
"
We've described PvP tournaments in detail before

Could you please link it.

My questions are:
Will PVP tournaments be cross leagues? or rather within each league - making them a 4 separate events?
Any chance for option to disable/volume control of the PVP announcer voice which is horrible and loud atm.?
Are you planning on disabling some unique items in the PVP arena? Facebreaker for example.

Thanks in advance!

they said 4month leagues will fight together and standard leagues fights together :)
Nice read, been waiting a while for you to update u on the PvP.
Couple of questions, can we expect to see PvP stuff before next year?
Would it be possible to get a separate area for PvP queuing? this would be good since the town are mostly populated by people that aren't there for pvping and we dont all have friends that we can fight all day.
Im sure a lot of people also wish for this so please respond with your thoughts.
Last edited by Jillys on Dec 6, 2013, 5:43:53 AM
removed.
Last edited by Thomassonigo on Dec 6, 2013, 5:49:06 AM
yay! let's level some pvp characters!
You have entered Ghetto.
No point :D Everyone's going to be a lame ass Blender :D
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info