Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
ScarS wrote:
I only played a summoner till now, just started lvling a RFMara. I have a few questions =

1. If I don't use Alpha's Howl, will the Sovereignty cluster help in anyway?
2. Is low life double redbeak snapshot still better than searing touch?
3. Has anyone tried Lightning Coil in this build?[people who dont have kaom's]?
4. What contribute more dmg to the build, more hp or having more fire/burning dmg?

1. Yes. The Sovereignty cluster provides +28% increased aura effectiveness. Only +25% is needed to raise Purity of Fire's maximum fire resistance bonus from +4% to +5% (assuming a level 20 gem).

2. Yes. A perfect (+40% fire damage) Searing Touch will provide a bit more than +110% increased damage to RF. Any pair of Redbeaks will provice a bit more than +200%. (The 'bit more' in each case comes from the +2 to levels of the Increased Burning Damage gem and the life affixes, respectively.)

3. The general preference is Kaom's Heart, Carcass Jack, Belly of the Beast, or a nice rare chest. I suggest you snapshot with a Carcass Jack for the damage and AoE increase. If you feel that switching to a Lightning Coil after casting RF suits you better, do so.

4. That depends on the magnitude of the increases. In general, life increases are favored because they improve both your damage output and survivability. If you wish to compare specific items against each other, you'll need to perform a calculation assuming one item is equipped and compare it to a calculation with the other.

Edit: This is the second time this forum has eaten the content of my post. This is odd.

I recently bought a lightning coil and was thinking about using it with Purity of lightning. It also provides good armor when paired with IR. I also have option for another rare chest with around 1.6K armor, 80-90hp and tri res I think. Until I can get a Carcass Jack, how good would be Tabula Rasa/Infernal Mantle for snapshots[+1 fire gems and increased fire dmg].
"
RXXQ wrote:
Hi guys, I was wondering how do you snapshot this gem step by step? I'm having trouble getting the idea.

But I still don't quite get it.

Also, do I need to snapshot all the time? like each time I take a portal?

Thanks and sorry if this bothers anyone.

Also I'm lvl 65 and these are my equips, what should I improve?

Spoiler

To snapshot the damage bonus of Redbeaks:

1. Switch to offhand swords,
2. Cast aura*,
3. Cast Righteous Fire, and
4. Switch back to Rise of the Phoenix.

* The aura must be one that reserves 40% of your mana and linked to a Blood Magic gem. Be careful not to kill yourself with it; the threshold for low life is 35% of your maximum. Bringing yourself down below that is unnecessary.

Do this whenever you enter a new instance and need to recast Righteous Fire.

As for your gear: Spell Damage modifiers do not affect Righteous Fire. The damaging portion of Righteous Fire is considered a buff, not a proper spell like Fireball or Freezing Pulse. Because of this, I strongly recommend that you upgrade your amulet. You want +life and whatever resistances you need; anything on top of that is bonus. (Other desirable affixes of note are Strength (which increases your life), increased fire damage, and increased armour or evasion.)

Most importantly: you should get as much +life on all of your gear as possible. Increasing your life increases your damage, your survivability, and regeneration rate. (Note that when I say regeneration rate here, I mean in an absolute sense - it will remain a certain percentage of your total life per second.)

"
Abovethelaw wrote:

But once you use CJ to shapshot, the degen pace by RF is set right? It doesn't change the degen rate according to life/ES after cast does it?

If you switch equipment, yes. The damage rate applied to the player is the only dynamic aspect of Righteous Fire.

"
ScarS wrote:

I recently bought a lightning coil and was thinking about using it with Purity of lightning. It also provides good armor when paired with IR. I also have option for another rare chest with around 1.6K armor, 80-90hp and tri res I think. Until I can get a Carcass Jack, how good would be Tabula Rasa/Infernal Mantle for snapshots[+1 fire gems and increased fire dmg].

Tabula Rasa is not a good option. The Infernal Mantle could be. When you snapshot RF, it retains the properties it had at the moment of casting - Tabula Rasa has none. +1 to fire gems means very little to Righteous Fire, as increased levels for Righteous Fire only improve the 'more spell damage' bonus it applies while active. The only benefit you'd gain for the +fire gem level affix is one more level of the Increased Burning Damage gem.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Apr 18, 2014, 5:56:40 PM
For passive points, do i go down to the diamond flesh side first or do i go up to get the templar % regen and elemental adaptation first and then go down after?
This is quite an impressive build!

I've made it to level 64 so far on hardcore league playing Scion. I've been following the tree to the letter so far, the only difference being the extra point of life just northwest of Scion's starting position.

I actually started using RF at about level 35 by juggling saturated flasks of warding/andrenaline, a saturated flask of dousing, and two ruby flasks. With fire resistance upgrades, I was able to sustain RF with only slight difficulty. I'm currently up to Vaal Oversoul in merciless. I don't dare take it head on just yet, although I've been able to kill every boss prior to it within seconds.

My HP at the moment is 4218 with just over 1000 each in armor and evasion, 81/78/78/-20 resistances. I'm virtually immortal as long as I have flasks, but I'm starting to reach the point where juggling sanctified flasks is starting to fail to balance out RF's HP burn.

All I need to complete this character is Rise of the Phoenix, which I can't afford at the moment (3-6 exalted orbs on HC). But this is otherwise the most fun I've had with any hardcore character. Big thanks to Oroboro!
Is RFs damage based on your HP when you cast it, or is it dynamic like the degen rate? I'm snapshotting in 5L CJ with item rarity and then I switch it for another chest that I have more hp with.
Last edited by dezerus on Apr 19, 2014, 6:22:36 AM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
Spoiler
"
RXXQ wrote:
Hi guys, I was wondering how do you snapshot this gem step by step? I'm having trouble getting the idea.

But I still don't quite get it.

Also, do I need to snapshot all the time? like each time I take a portal?

Thanks and sorry if this bothers anyone.

Also I'm lvl 65 and these are my equips, what should I improve?

Spoiler

To snapshot the damage bonus of Redbeaks:

1. Switch to offhand swords,
2. Cast aura*,
3. Cast Righteous Fire, and
4. Switch back to Rise of the Phoenix.

* The aura must be one that reserves 40% of your mana and linked to a Blood Magic gem. Be careful not to kill yourself with it; the threshold for low life is 35% of your maximum. Bringing yourself down below that is unnecessary.

Do this whenever you enter a new instance and need to recast Righteous Fire.

As for your gear: Spell Damage modifiers do not affect Righteous Fire. The damaging portion of Righteous Fire is considered a buff, not a proper spell like Fireball or Freezing Pulse. Because of this, I strongly recommend that you upgrade your amulet. You want +life and whatever resistances you need; anything on top of that is bonus. (Other desirable affixes of note are Strength (which increases your life), increased fire damage, and increased armour or evasion.)

Most importantly: you should get as much +life on all of your gear as possible. Increasing your life increases your damage, your survivability, and regeneration rate. (Note that when I say regeneration rate here, I mean in an absolute sense - it will remain a certain percentage of your total life per second.)

Late thank you, this helped a lot and I'm destroying maps up to 73 since lvl 65 lol.

But I was told to wait until 75 to actually do those much easily, I actually ran the prison looking one (forgot name) with Miscreations and poison Zombies and didn't die once lol, it was epic.

Anyway, here's my new set up:

Spoiler

Snapshot gear:

Of those which one should be improved the most?

Also, I'm running andvarius for IIR.
Hi started this build about a week ago, took forever getting to 65 to run RF but I finally got there and have hit 70 about 5 mins ago.

I do have a question about the Blood Dance boots, though. I don't have the currency spare right now to be able to get 4 (or even 3) off colours. Which got me thinking that BDance could be skipped altogether. The boots only really provide the life regen on frenzy charge. I was thinking that a pair of boots with 30% run speed and a decent life roll with some resists would benefit more. This would also save 3 passives. You'd get one back from merc bandits, and 2 from the frenzy charge based nodes in the tree. They could be used to get more, or get earlier life nodes to boost your overall life pool. As well as being able to get the right colours.

From what I understand more life = more regen = more damage, so having life just multiplies the builds efficiency by a lot.

Current gear for reference
"
sam6555 wrote:
I do have a question about the Blood Dance boots, though. I don't have the currency spare right now to be able to get 4 (or even 3) off colours. Which got me thinking that BDance could be skipped altogether. The boots only really provide the life regen on frenzy charge. I was thinking that a pair of boots with 30% run speed and a decent life roll with some resists would benefit more. This would also save 3 passives. You'd get one back from merc bandits, and 2 from the frenzy charge based nodes in the tree. They could be used to get more, or get earlier life nodes to boost your overall life pool. As well as being able to get the right colours.

I honestly believe the frenzy stuff from those boots should be skipped or reworked from this build.

I'm running endurance nodes instead with these boots:

There's a few builds that work this way and they're just as good, it also gives you more options to customize your gear, this build bases itself too much on those boots imo, when it could be much more flexible.
no one questions that u can use other boots, but its quite a lot regen u get virtually for free. the dex stat and inc dmg vs low life enemies also comes in handy. u can also mass corrupt them which u might not want to try with good rare boots:

oro just updated the tree for 1.1, the rest of the guide is pretty old and of course theres some minor ways of building RF differently/it doesnt deal with corrupted items/new uniques/other spell options. but this guide suits a new player who relies on cheap equip pretty well and can be expanded
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 20, 2014, 3:39:17 PM
Is the Divinarius Oro uses in his main hand actually doing anything? Snapshotting is a little confusing to me, but it doesn't seem like my RF range gets any bigger when I swap back from my Redbeaks.
Last edited by Spectreality on Apr 20, 2014, 4:50:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info