Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
BradKTA wrote:
"
MDGeizt wrote:
"
BradKTA wrote:
Can you snapshot using Le Heup of all in both ring slots for increased damage?
What about Hrimnor's Resolve?

u can use any % increase damage which affects righteous fire for snapshotting, not sure if troll ;)

No. I honestly just didn't know. Why does it seem like nobody ever uses it to snapshot then? That's 30% effective increase of damage. Why does nobody use these?

%Fire damage, health, and %damage (not %spell damage) all increase RF. I think most people just don't bother.
Large post incoming.

"
BradKTA wrote:
No. I honestly just didn't know. Why does it seem like nobody ever uses it to snapshot then? That's 30% effective increase of damage. Why does nobody use these?

In general, rare rings with life, strength, and increased fire damage are preferable. Increasing Righteous Fire's base damage (via life or equivalent) has a profound effect on Righteous Fire's damage - especially when using Redbeaks.

The reason for this is that the player will likely end up with several very large 'increased damage' modifiers (commonly +150% or more from the tree and at least +200% from gear), so +0.30 to this multiplier is fairly small. Changes to base damage produce much more dramatic changes in damage.

Moreover, Le Heup of All are uncommon and expensive.

"
GodTheUndead wrote:
What curse is better for damage Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness

In general, quality Elemental Weakness is the best. The only reason Oro chose Vulnerability is because it has full effect (for Righteous Fire) at low levels, which allows him to use it effectively in a CwDT link. (Note that this is still not necessarily preferable - Elemental Weakness is an excellent curse.)

"
Spectreality wrote:
Is the Divinarius Oro uses in his main hand actually doing anything? Snapshotting is a little confusing to me, but it doesn't seem like my RF range gets any bigger when I swap back from my Redbeaks.

"
MDGeizt wrote:
no the only useful stat is life/mana on kill, ur radius doesnt increase if u snapshot righteous fire without carrying it. spell damage only affects other spells which u maybe use

Note the gems he's socketed in it. He Divinarius to mitigate the area penalty of Concentrated Effect with Flameblast.

"
GodTheUndead wrote:
What curse is better for damage Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness?

"
MDGeizt wrote:
didnt think enough about it tho, i guess as soon as u hit 0 mob resist with ele weakness/ele equilibrium vulnerability starts getting worth it, but i dont know the resist/stacked resist of high end enemies (but expect the strongest ones to have some stacked) - so we'd have to look into those values and calculate. vulnerability is a more multiplier imo? so if the resistance barrier is gone its also quite good damage increase, and benefits phys party members a little.

while playing i had the feeling that flam+ele weakness had the best damage increase at least (map bosses). i got all 3 curses equipped and tried em

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/893612/page/2

only resource i found on this topic for now (monster resistances)

I compared Elemental Weakness and Vulnerability in a previous post.

"
dezerus wrote:
Is RFs damage based on your HP when you cast it, or is it dynamic like the degen rate? I'm snapshotting in 5L CJ with item rarity and then I switch it for another chest that I have more hp with.

Damage is static. You can test this by casting Righteous Fire naked and killing a boss, followed by casting with full gear, stripping down, and killing the same boss. Even though you'll have the same life when killing the boss, you'll notice a significant change in damage.

"
sam6555 wrote:
Which got me thinking that BDance could be skipped altogether.

"
sam6555 wrote:
Couple numbers for the ditching Blood Dance post I made a bit ago.

499 regen with BD and no charges.
660.2 regen with BD and 4 charges
526.4 regen with some life boots (+82 in my stash)

When I were to get the fifth charge I'd imagine it'd change to 700 regen.

So while switching to life boots would lower my regen some. I would gain more RF damage and base life. Which could be better for fights where you wouldn't have charges. Also 30% movement speed instead of 20-26. On top you could get more resists to ditch Aurumvorax if it's needed or even IIR. Oh and easier to get correct link colours.

"
RXXQ wrote:
I honestly believe the frenzy stuff from those boots should be skipped or reworked from this build.

I'm running endurance nodes instead with these boots:

There's a few builds that work this way and they're just as good, it also gives you more options to customize your gear, this build bases itself too much on those boots imo, when it could be much more flexible.

Don't trivialize regeneration. This build doesn't leech life, so regeneration is what keeps it alive and fighting.

You can use Frenzy to build or maintain charges when you aren't killing enemies quickly enough to do so. Frenzy - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic is a good option for mobility and charge upkeep (and can be used to trigger EE with gear that provides some flat Lightning or Cold damage). RRGG isn't difficult to roll with the Blood Dance.

An important point to note is not what your absolute regeneration is, but what your net regeneration is. Assume Righteous Fire burns you for 498 damage per second - your net regeneration would be 1 point per second with no Frenzy charges, something around 25 with your rare boots, and something around 200 with five Frenzy charges. This is an extreme assumption, but it illustrates the point.

Another aspect to consider is that as your total life increases, The Blood Dance will dramatically increase your regeneration rate. For example, if you equipped a Kaom's Heart, your life regeneration with The Blood Dance would be huge.

Lastly, it is much easier to achieve the point where you can safely run Righteous Fire on "of Vulnerability" or "of Smothering" maps with The Blood Dance than without. Of course, this partly relies on you to have very high fire resistance - such as that provided by Alpha's Howl and the Sovereignty cluster.

"
MDGeizt wrote:
the dex stat and inc dmg vs low life enemies also comes in handy."

The damage increase applies when the player has low life, not the target. Additionally, for the same reason that snapshotting works, this damage increase only applies if the player has Frenzy charges and casts Righteous Fire while low on life.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Apr 21, 2014, 7:15:53 PM
What you think guys, im lvl 85 and have 1 skill point free.

My mind is refund Diamond flesh and then put on Celestial Walker. Or maybe get the frenzy duration and Salvagery ?

Another question, how i can knowh what dps i do ?

Here i post my gear, i want someone tell me weaknesses or whatever (farming for Alpha Howl):

Btw, amazing farming build!

I encourage you to use lighting coil it's very very good armor, which greatly reduces the physical damage.

I use little changed configuration survival on the maps + 76 is awesome and really tank.

I use a total of 5 frenzy charges ( 1 from Deal with the bandit and 1 from my corrupted "The Blood Dance Boot's") also i use to exp with vaal cyclone up to 4 I love to collect all the monsters from the map and burn them :D!!!

here it's my gear

x

And potion's

Spoiler
Last edited by jasinsky82 on Apr 21, 2014, 10:30:11 PM
@mikiengel there is a RF calculator in gameplay help section.

@silktophat thx for clearing all issues up, nothing to add quality post which can be linked later

on ele weakness topic i was quite surprised most monster resists(outside maps) are so low, looking forward to get more info on this topic.

anyone know what the maximum negative resistance is? if it is -100% for example cursing ele weakness+flammability+ele equilibrium should be beneficial up to like 40% monster resist, if lower vulnerability would be better i guess.

got the part about vulnerability being best if u cannot reduce the resist below 75% (from ur chart, which handles mono curse i know)
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 22, 2014, 4:11:03 AM
"

I use a total of 5 frenzy charges

how can you get 5 frenzy charge?

1 from bandit
1 from boots
1 from passive
where are 2 more?

and why 2xvaal cyclone? :0
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Apr 22, 2014, 7:04:00 AM
Added a brand new section so you guys can see what people are saying about the build! :)
"
dcb4by wrote:

SkillTree

thx oro ;) just like blender just an op build xD

PS.
Me have 6.5k HP with that +1Curse ring and i snapshot RoF with 7.2K HP (replacing ring and boots)

why you spend 6 nodes for 3x 8% hp = 24%hp only

if you can spend 6 nodes for 36% hp

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYRJpFE0VIBccGNsZhRo-Gmwb-iFgJKol3ycvJ9Uo-ikuKaUqTSzpLv81kjbpPC09_D8nQKBBh0TnR35KfUrITP9OKlBQUq9USVXGWGNbr18_YEtlTWegaHRsFm6qcXl07XTxeA15aHrvfLiCx4M4g9uE2Yd2iPGMz49GlKCYrZ2uogCkGacIqBipbqvFrUqvbLXytz64k7yfvorBBMRYxYrGrsbYzSbOcc9l0NDaYt0N42rjn-vu7w7vfPAf8azyL_Pd9kj56PxL_MX-Cv6PTeOmV3qqmuBFnQ==
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Apr 22, 2014, 7:19:50 AM
"
"

1 from bandit
1 from boots
1 from passive
where are 2 more?

3 are always standard, whereas more from boot's and kraityn and all the 5.
"
"
"

1 from bandit
1 from boots
1 from passive
where are 2 more?

3 are always standard, whereas more from boot's and kraityn and all the 5.

oh ok ty
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Apr 22, 2014, 11:15:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info