Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
Abovethelaw wrote:
I still take damage over time with RF up and this gear. Is this normal?

yes with ur build and gear. purity of fire is not maxed yet, u dont have templar 1% regen node, u keep wearing carcass jack (most use it just for snapshotting, wearing it means extra energy shield which degens u), and u also took the inner force cluster which increases the burn dmg of righteous fire on urself. note oros build doesnt have this cluster - u can use it but it only works out when ur PoF and vitality auras are maxed out
@Abovethelaw: what MDGeizt said, and...

you're also missing the +1% max fire res node.
"
Worloega wrote:
@Abovethelaw: what MDGeizt said, and...

you're also missing the +1% max fire res node.

"
MDGeizt wrote:
"
Abovethelaw wrote:
I still take damage over time with RF up and this gear. Is this normal?

yes with ur build and gear. purity of fire is not maxed yet, u dont have templar 1% regen node, u keep wearing carcass jack (most use it just for snapshotting, wearing it means extra energy shield which degens u), and u also took the inner force cluster which increases the burn dmg of righteous fire on urself. note oros build doesnt have this cluster - u can use it but it only works out when ur PoF and vitality auras are maxed out

Thanks guys. Should I drop the inner force nodes for now and grab the 1% fire node + 2 6% life nodes and work toward the templar 1%?

Also, how does carcass degen you? didn't catch that one
IGN: Abovethelaw_
Last edited by Abovethelaw on Apr 17, 2014, 10:41:49 AM
Based on Oro's RF Build which i used to get started with RF i made some changes to fit my playstyle. Oro did a great job so all honor goes to him.

additional requirements:
- Soultaker (no more mana costs for melee attacks)
- 2x Boots
- +1 Curse Ring
- 5L Chest

Adjustments:
- snapshot with 2x Redbreaker but switching boots for RF
- cursing with cyclone and curse on hit
- using shield charge for dodging skills from atziri instead leap slam

Cyclone :
I tested with and w/o resolute technique and you really dont need it. Even with just 64% hit the additional sustain is more than you need and we all know with cyclone you dont get body blocked or stunned anymore. The +1 Curse Ring combined with Curse on Hit (20Q) which gives you +10% on curses effect and LvL 20 EW + VUL bump your damage on none Curse Immune Mobs to an unreal amount. For example solo Dominus on Palace 1st Phase just using 1 time the Lightning Flask and he is gone w/o dodging anything thx to the new gained sustain.

EE :
just have one ring/amu or gloves with add lightning or add cold dmg and you apply EE when you start Cyclone.

Shield Charge :
i desynced so often when jumping max distance accidently with leap slam so i added chield charge for dodging and only use leap slam for jumping over obstacles.

Enduring Charges :
i dont use an additional one by the fact that with lvl 20/20 increased duration, endu cry, immortal call 20/20 you still have enough time to be always phys immune for 2nd boss at atziri after 1st one down of those 3. so no point in getting one more.

Skill Links

Head RRRG: Reduced Mana, Purity of Fire, Grace, Vitality
MH GRR: Leap Slam, Shield Charge, Faster Attacks
Shield RRR: CwDt(18), EnduCry, IncDuration
Gloves RRRR : CwDt(19), IncDuration, ImmoCall, DecoyTotem
RF Boots BBBR : RF, ConcEffect, IncAoE, IncBurnDmg
2nd Boots RBGG (in Group) : Vaal Cyclone, LoH, IncAoe, Faster Attacks
2nd Boots RBGG (in Solo) : Flicker Strike, ItemRarity, CullStrike, x
Chest 5L BBBRG : Cyclone, CoH, EW, Vul, LoH (6S Portal)

Atziri Adjustment:
5x Ruby Flask with Immune to Curses, switching Vuln with Enfeeble and only dodging Storm Call and double Flameblast with Shield Charge and using flasks to remove my curses on myself while facetanking dmg on other spells from her.

2nd Boss Atziri Adjustment:
1st cwdt (3L) removing endu cry and replace it with reju totem
2nd cwdt (4L) removing cwdt with BM and Decoy Totem with EnduCry
cast endu cry and immortal manually

SkillTree

thx oro ;) just like blender just an op build xD

PS.
Me have 6.5k HP with that +1Curse ring and i snapshot RoF with 7.2K HP (replacing ring and boots)
IGN : AmTwoPm
Last edited by dcb4by on Apr 17, 2014, 1:40:49 PM
"
Abovethelaw wrote:
Thanks guys. Should I drop the inner force nodes for now and grab the 1% fire node + 2 6% life nodes and work toward the templar 1%?

No, you should just drop the (one) Inner Force node. Reason: your PoF gem gives you +3% max res (effective level 18 in Alpha's Howl). You need at least (0.04/0.03) - 1 => 34% aura improvement to raise that to +4% max res. You get 28% aura improvement from the Sovereignty cluster, and 3% more from Holy Strength. So you still need at least 1 (likely both) of the 3% buff nodes in the Inner Force cluster to hit that.

Definitely use that point on the 1% fire node left of Diamond Skin. That alone might get you there.

"
Abovethelaw wrote:

RF causes you to take 90% of your health and 70% of your ES per second. CJ gives you quite a bit of ES. Your boots have some too, but not much by comparison. The shield obviously can't be avoided. [edit 70% not 75%]
Last edited by Worloega on Apr 17, 2014, 2:48:16 PM
"
dcb4by wrote:
Based on Oro's RF Build which i used to get started with RF i made some changes to fit my playstyle. Oro did a great job so all honor goes to him.

additional requirements:
- Soultaker (no more mana costs for melee attacks)
- 2x Boots
- +1 Curse Ring
- 5L Chest

Adjustments:
- snapshot with 2x Redbreaker but switching boots for RF
- cursing with cyclone and curse on hit
- using shield charge for dodging skills from atziri instead leap slam

Cyclone :
I tested with and w/o resolute technique and you really dont need it. Even with just 64% hit the additional sustain is more than you need and we all know with cyclone you dont get body blocked or stunned anymore. The +1 Curse Ring combined with Curse on Hit (20Q) which gives you +10% on curses effect and LvL 20 EW + VUL bump your damage on none Curse Immune Mobs to an unreal amount. For example solo Dominus on Palace 1st Phase just using 1 time the Lightning Flask and he is gone w/o dodging anything thx to the new gained sustain.

EE :
just have one ring/amu or gloves with add lightning or add cold dmg and you apply EE when you start Cyclone.

Shield Charge :
i desynced so often when jumping max distance accidently with leap slam so i added chield charge for dodging and only use leap slam for jumping over obstacles.

Enduring Charges :
i dont use an additional one by the fact that with lvl 20/20 increased duration, endu cry, immortal call 20/20 you still have enough time to be always phys immune for 2nd boss at atziri after 1st one down of those 3. so no point in getting one more.

Skill Links

Head RRRG: Reduced Mana, Purity of Fire, Grace, Vitality
MH GRR: Leap Slam, Shield Charge, Faster Attacks
Shield RRR: CwDt(18), EnduCry, IncDuration
Gloves RRRR : CwDt(19), IncDuration, ImmoCall, DecoyTotem
RF Boots BBBR : RF, ConcEffect, IncAoE, IncBurnDmg
2nd Boots RBGG (in Group) : Vaal Cyclone, LoH, IncAoe, Faster Attacks
2nd Boots RBGG (in Solo) : Flicker Strike, ItemRarity, CullStrike, x
Chest 5L BBBRG : Cyclone, CoH, EW, Vul, LoH (6S Portal)

Atziri Adjustment:
5x Ruby Flask with Immune to Curses, switching Vuln with Enfeeble and only dodging Storm Call and double Flameblast with Shield Charge and using flasks to remove my curses on myself while facetanking dmg on other spells from her.

2nd Boss Atziri Adjustment:
1st cwdt (3L) removing endu cry and replace it with reju totem
2nd cwdt (4L) removing cwdt with BM and Decoy Totem with EnduCry
cast endu cry and immortal manually

SkillTree

thx oro ;) just like blender just an op build xD

PS.
Me have 6.5k HP with that +1Curse ring and i snapshot RoF with 7.2K HP (replacing ring and boots)

Looks great and very close to the route I took after using Oro's build to get started. Soul Taker is definately my next purchase so I can drop my BM gems and have the option of using a dual curse with my cyclone.

One thing I notice, perhaps it was mis-typed, you have increased duration linked with enduring cry in your shield? Enduring cry does not interact with increased duration gem.
Last edited by __SirPuFFaLoT__ on Apr 17, 2014, 10:41:16 PM
I only played a summoner till now, just started lvling a RFMara. I have a few questions =

1. If I don't use Alpha's Howl, will the Sovereignty cluster help in anyway?
2. Is low life double redbeak snapshot still better than searing touch?
3. Has anyone tried Lightning Coil in this build?[people who dont have kaom's]?
4. What contribute more dmg to the build, more hp or having more fire/burning dmg?
Last edited by ScarS on Apr 18, 2014, 12:11:46 AM
"
ScarS wrote:
I only played a summoner till now, just started lvling a RFMara. I have a few questions =

1. If I don't use Alpha's Howl, will the Sovereignty cluster help in anyway?
2. Is low life double redbeak snapshot still better than searing touch?
3. Has anyone tried Lightning Coil in this build?[people who dont have kaom's]?
4. What contribute more dmg to the build, more hp or having more fire/burning dmg?

1. Yes. The Sovereignty cluster provides +28% increased aura effectiveness. Only +25% is needed to raise Purity of Fire's maximum fire resistance bonus from +4% to +5% (assuming a level 20 gem).

2. Yes. A perfect (+40% fire damage) Searing Touch will provide a bit more than +110% increased damage to RF. Any pair of Redbeaks will provice a bit more than +200%. (The 'bit more' in each case comes from the +2 to levels of the Increased Burning Damage gem and the life affixes, respectively.)

3. The general preference is Kaom's Heart, Carcass Jack, Belly of the Beast, or a nice rare chest. I suggest you snapshot with a Carcass Jack for the damage and AoE increase. If you feel that switching to a Lightning Coil after casting RF suits you better, do so.

4. That depends on the magnitude of the increases. In general, life increases are favored because they improve both your damage output and survivability. If you wish to compare specific items against each other, you'll need to perform a calculation assuming one item is equipped and compare it to a calculation with the other.

Edit: This is the second time this forum has eaten the content of my post. This is odd.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Apr 18, 2014, 10:31:34 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering how do you snapshot this gem step by step? I'm having trouble getting the idea.

I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBK_FjbR59E

But I still don't quite get it.

Also, do I need to snapshot all the time? like each time I take a portal?

Thanks and sorry if this bothers anyone.

Also I'm lvl 65 and these are my equips, what should I improve?

Spoiler
"
"
Abovethelaw wrote:

RF causes you to take 90% of your health and 70% of your ES per second. CJ gives you quite a bit of ES. Your boots have some too, but not much by comparison. The shield obviously can't be avoided. [edit 70% not 75%]

But once you use CJ to shapshot, the degen pace by RF is set right? It doesn't change the degen rate according to life/ES after cast does it?
IGN: Abovethelaw_
Last edited by Abovethelaw on Apr 18, 2014, 4:25:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info