The ''CREATE a SKILLGem'' Thread!!!! (Bumped for New incoming spell frenzy. ideas inside)

This threads actually pretty sweet. I HOPE the devs are paying attention, and taking notes. Im sure nt everything here would make the cut, including my own idea, but, that said, theres ALOT of potential here.

CMon GGG, make your presence known and Sticky this, or comment or something. :D
GGG - Why you no?
"
JoannaDark wrote:
This threads actually pretty sweet. I HOPE the devs are paying attention, and taking notes. Im sure nt everything here would make the cut, including my own idea, but, that said, theres ALOT of potential here.

CMon GGG, make your presence known and Sticky this, or comment or something. :D

Fundraise to pay me a diamondsupporter and ill sure get more attention from em XD
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Another one:

Path of Silence Skill gem, aura / Ennemies cannot hear and see you if you are over [Insert balanced distance here] away. The aura effect break during X seconds when using a skill/attack/flask. Doesn't work on unique bosses.(Lvl reduce distance, quality reduce X) [Created by Reddart]

We need more aura that aren't direct stats modifications :D

Edit : distance is reduced, not increase when lvling the gem (the more you lvlup the gem, the more you should be able to get near a monster without him seeing/hearing you)
Last edited by Reddart on Jan 10, 2013, 3:02:50 PM
"
Reddart wrote:
Another one:

Path of Silence Skill gem, aura / Ennemies cannot hear and see you if you are over [Insert balanced distance here] away. The aura effect break during X seconds when using a skill/attack/flask. Doesn't work on unique bosses.(Lvl increase distance, quality reduce X) [Created by Reddart]

We need more aura that aren't direct stats modifications :D

Hmm, i kinda wonder though, why would you want to sneak around a map? The goal here is to kill or be killed , and loot some shit. Cool idea, but might not be so useful in this kinda game.

Just my thoughts.
GGG - Why you no?
There was an almost useless mod in diablo 2 (increase light radius), I had a fun and useless paladin based on that with vigor, running everywhere in a bright shining light.

The game doesn't need exclusively "kill stuff skills", and I could see myself using that aura in areas with tons of flickers mobs for example to avoid getting surrounded by monsters.
Think of it as a defensive positioning skill.

Probably better/more useful in hardcore than softcore though :)
Last edited by Reddart on Jan 10, 2013, 3:10:45 PM
"
and I could see myself using that aura in areas with tons of flickers mobs for example to avoid getting surrounded by monsters.

Fair enough point. I would hate to think what would happen if you were surrounded on all sides, and got exposed. :D
GGG - Why you no?
"
JoannaDark wrote:
"
and I could see myself using that aura in areas with tons of flickers mobs for example to avoid getting surrounded by monsters.

Fair enough point. I would hate to think what would happen if you were surrounded on all sides, and got exposed. :D

right on

and i dont see a problem with a skill that gives you the ability to sneak through ennemies... hardcore race are pretty much only this : Run to ledge,xp,run to felshire,xp,repeat
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 10, 2013, 5:20:51 PM
Consecration (Red Gem) - Creates a small circular area of consecrated ground that damages enemies for 25-30% of your maximum health per second, 35-40% of your maximum health against demons and undead. Casting consecration uses 90% of your mana. Halts mana regeneration until the consecration has faded. Consecration lasts 15 seconds. If used by a cast by a Templar, mana used is instead 80%. If cast by a Templar, allies standing in the hallowed ground gain clarity relative to their level.

OP as hell but would be pretty cool.
Fight for the kingdom, bound for glory,
Armed with a heart of steel!
I swear by the brothers who stand before me...
To no man shall I kneel,
Their blood is upon my steel!
Last edited by Questing on Jan 10, 2013, 5:53:43 PM
"
Questing wrote:
Consecration (Red Gem) - Creates a small circular area of consecrated ground that damages enemies for 25-30% of your maximum health per second, 35-40% of your maximum health against demons and undead. Casting consecration uses 90% of your mana. Halts mana regeneration until the consecration has faded. Consecration lasts 15 seconds. If used by a cast by a Templar, mana used is instead 80%. If cast by a Templar, allies standing in the hallowed ground gain clarity relative to their level.

OP as hell but would be pretty cool.

Sure its op lol... but i would make something like
"

Sacrificial Hemoragy: Aura that makes you bleed 2% life/sec. In counterpart every ennemies within x feet radius get his Blood shed in damage and you get half poison duration.
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 10, 2013, 6:04:15 PM
Consecration doesn't look like an aura though, more like a static aoe spell !

Without the OPness, that would be better as a totem/trap (it's an aoe-over-time the way it's described...exactly like a totem)

"Totem of Consecration : Totem / Deal damage equals to 15%(25% against demons and undead) of your maximum health per second to monsters near the totem, while active the totem reserve 45% of your max mana.[Created by Questing]"

Not sure about the Templar buff with this version because he'll get easy access to the double-totem passive node.

The bleeding aura is kinda cool, but easily sustainable with life regen (2% life doesn't seems like a lot of dmg to you or to the monsters).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info