The ''CREATE a SKILLGem'' Thread!!!! (Bumped for New incoming spell frenzy. ideas inside)

"
dazed1992 wrote:

I have no clue why, but all that came to my mind was a mega man beam lol.OMG LAWSUIT IRON MAN IS THE NEW MEGA MAN how did i never think of that lol

Come on... Dont give them the Idea of going Apple on Ironman, let them release the next atleast
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Hi there,

here are soem thoughts for Staff Fighters from my side ( i would love to create a Charakter Particular customed for the Staff Weapons but i think only 12% block as a benefit for using them is too low considering u need tons of survival nodes in the passive tree).

Skill: Staff Bash
Gem: Red Skill Gem
Weapon Limitation: Staff ( could be Maces aswell obviously )

Uses a staff for an attack thats deals x dmg and stuns all targets in the area for 0.5 secs.

LvL up : Increases damage by x % and increases stun duration by 0.1seconds.

Increased Quality: Each % increased quality decreases monster attack speed after the stun duration has expired by 2.5% for x seconds.

Skill:
Gem: Red skill Gem
Weapon Limitation: Staff

Uses the staff to perform a blocking stance for 10 secs, increasing blockchance by 200% ( based on the 12% block chance of staffs + passives) also increasing spell block chance by the amount your block becomes while performing this ability.

LvL up: Each attack blocked reflects 2.5% dmg back to the attacker.

Increased quality: Reduces the time to cast Staff Defense Mastery by 5% ( to use it more effektivly in necessary situations.

Last edited by Druhgs on Jan 10, 2013, 4:05:41 AM
I just came up with one fast idea: Available for all weapons and chars

My Original thread here => http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65882

!!! Suggestions opened !!!

[Unique or Hybrid Diamond gem] => skill [Cloud of Angels Tears] AOE skill

1] Drop chance in secret level of act 3 or 4 in the future. If they plan to make secret level (yet unknown).

2] Skill Proc at 1/3 of chars health costs no mana. Or it could cost shit loads of mana, haven't fully figured it out yet.

3] Animation for player would be as followed. Starting when char look up in the sky, his hands open on each side like he would be performing a prayer.

4] Mechanics would be like this, when casted the massive cloud gathers in the area of effect and starts with lighting hiting the ground and short second or two after it huge naumber of Angels looks trough the Cloud and start crying tears of sadness, what happened to once a lovely place on earth.

2nd type of possible cast mechanic would be: white mist flashing the area with angels feathers floating around and than cloud appears with lots of Crying Angels.

3rd type of possible mechanic would be as seen in the picture above: Crying Angels appears on a this Pillar and performs a deep sorrow cry which fills area with water, flushing all monsters away in AOE.

5] The cry is so immerse, that area is instantly filled with water, which flushes the monsters away and they dissapear like you would purge the area.

Best regards, Fary :)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Jan 10, 2013, 6:18:42 AM
Sorry if this is already done but did not see...

Tar Trap
Throw a trap that when triggered places tar in the area, slowing enemies.

Theoretically easy to implement since tar exists from those zombies in the Cove area.

Levelling would most likely improve duration and slow amount.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
I don't know about you, but I love the idea of Throwing Weapons and chucking spears at people.

So I'd make a Throw Weapon skill that bleeds an enemy (If axe, dagger, or Sword), that stuns an enemy or knocks them back (mace, staff), or something along those lines.
With 125% physical damage and is a Projectile.

Imagine it..
Throwing axes with Chain and Pierce.. With also Wrath so they take even MORE damage after being shocked.
^ yeah I came here to say the same.

A ranged attack with your melee weapon should be in the game.

Also thorns support really needs to be in the game (I'm thinking passive skills here so I guess it's not relevant to this thread).
Nothing to see here.
Iron Fist
Strength's Damage Bonus applies again to all unarmed and claw attacks
19%reduced attack speed

just like the other iron support gems

Whirling Dervish
Player that is dual wielding spins around constantly doing 75% damage in aoe
Player has 15% chance to dodge attacks and spells
takes 10% mana per second.

Divine Dance (can't think of a good holy name)
Play wielding a 2 handed weapon spins doing aoe damage
Player is immune to magic
Player moves 30% slower
takes 15% mana per second

"
Rufus82 wrote:
Sorry if this is already done but did not see...

Tar Trap
Throw a trap that when triggered places tar in the area, slowing enemies.

Theoretically easy to implement since tar exists from those zombies in the Cove area.

Levelling would most likely improve duration and slow amount.

plus you could set it on fire. Would last a few seconds.
Last edited by Lactose on Jan 10, 2013, 10:18:41 AM
Slipery corpses - Gain 5% run speed for 2 seconds. If you run on a corpse spell duration is extended by 3 seconds and you get 0.5 second delay on movement controls. Movement speed increased by 40%. [By soulproxy]

Wereshifter Consumes 3 charges. Transformation last 3 seconds. You cannot cast other spells or skills or use flasks. If 3 frenzy charges are consumed - Turn into creature with large claws for 3 seconds with 200% attack speed and life leech. If 3 endurance charges are consumed you turn into a beast and gain aoe meelee attacks, Attacks stun for 0.1 seconds. If 3 power charges are consumed turn into Snake form that has ranged attacks that deal 30% of damage as chaos damage, You lose unit collision.[By soulproxy]
Last edited by soulburn on Jan 10, 2013, 11:38:25 AM
Support Gem: Makeshift Animation

Summons a Golem with attached skills and supports, benefits from minion nodes and player stats attributed to the attached skills/spells. Only one Golem can be active at a time. Drawback - Reserves x% mana while active.
The ultimate gamble Instant cast - channel the spell for 1.5 seconds. If you receive lethal damage during this channel you are granted full life and mana, also an aoe knock-back with no damage is cast. If you don't receive lethal amount of damage during the channel - you die after the channel.
Could have ammo system like traps do to prevent glass cannon builds relying on this constantly. Animation could be the character throwing dice(or animal bones - to fit the lore) in the air and catching. On death character violently explodes. [By soulproxy]

Last edited by soulburn on Jan 10, 2013, 11:35:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info