Favorite quotes from frequent off topic posters

"
This thread reminds me that I too can dance the tango. I just do it better.

No arguments here.
"
Silocibe wrote:
She turns over, peels off them orange pants, spreads her legs real wide and says to me..."Take a bite of Peach."

I don't recall ever having typed that sequence of words HL.
Spoiler
Sounds like fun though!
www.jeffbradleyphotography.com
Last edited by Silocibe on Dec 6, 2013, 8:50:45 AM
"
Silocibe wrote:
No! It's *my* snake, I trained it, I'm going to eat it! I got a recipe for snake. Delicious. Fricassee of reptile. You are what you eat.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

"
Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never persistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Velocireptile wrote:
Nessus is so annoying. I'm sick of his shit. I wish just once that bastard would have some transparency.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up bad memories.

whos nessus?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 6, 2013, 6:52:15 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"I had explained," said Nessus, "that our civilization was dying in its own waste heat. Total conversion of energy had rid us of all waste products of civilization, save that one. We had no choice but to move our world outward from its primary."

"Was that not dangerous?"

"Very. There was much madness that year. For that reason it is famous in our history. But we had purchased a reactionless, inertialess drive from the Outsiders. You may have guessed their price. We are still paying in installments. We had moved two agricultural worlds; we had experimented with other, useless worlds of our system using the Outsider drive. In any case, we did it. We moved our world.

"In short, we found that a sun was a liability rather than an asset. We moved our world to a tenth of a light year's distance, keeping the primary only as an anchor. We needed the farming worlds and it would have been dangerous to let our world wander randomly through space. Otherwise we would not have needed a sun at all.

"We had brought suitable worlds from nearby systems, increasing our agricultural worlds to four, and setting them in a Kemplerer Rosette."
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:
I'd been crawling around for days since I was abandoned by MoonYu... literally starving when I stumbled upon a bush oozing with fresh wiggly insects...I dug by the roots and found a few giant grubs... holding my nose I gulped one down, then another... they were horrible tasting but at least they would keep me alive... feeling a bit renewed I got to me feet and looked beyond the life giving bush...

Spoiler

Spoiler
"
Hardlicker wrote:
Maybe I should have stood up earlier.....

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
Moonyu wrote:
I've really found a home here in Off Topic....Everyone here has been so kind... and your generosity just humbles me.. I want to say thanks to everyone who chipped in and bought me the new jacket...
Spoiler

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
Hardlicker wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"I had explained," said Nessus, "that our civilization was dying in its own waste heat. Total conversion of energy had rid us of all waste products of civilization, save that one. We had no choice but to move our world outward from its primary."

"Was that not dangerous?"

"Very. There was much madness that year. For that reason it is famous in our history. But we had purchased a reactionless, inertialess drive from the Outsiders. You may have guessed their price. We are still paying in installments. We had moved two agricultural worlds; we had experimented with other, useless worlds of our system using the Outsider drive. In any case, we did it. We moved our world.

"In short, we found that a sun was a liability rather than an asset. We moved our world to a tenth of a light year's distance, keeping the primary only as an anchor. We needed the farming worlds and it would have been dangerous to let our world wander randomly through space. Otherwise we would not have needed a sun at all.

"We had brought suitable worlds from nearby systems, increasing our agricultural worlds to four, and setting them in a Kemplerer Rosette."

i am as confused as a bull looking at a new gate
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
Hardlicker wrote:
"
Silocibe wrote:
No! It's *my* snake, I trained it, I'm going to eat it! I got a recipe for snake. Delicious. Fricassee of reptile. You are what you eat.

Mhmm. I see whats going on here. It won't work man. I am an oak.

Spoiler
Last edited by Silocibe on Dec 7, 2013, 11:26:18 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
And if you don't know what you're actually talking about, and the entirety of your argument is based in faith and/or doubt in others, be honest with yourself, admit that you know even less about this subject than I do, and shut the fuck up.

Gold right there haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info