Favorite quotes from frequent off topic posters

"
JohnGrammaticus Wrote:

I am so jealous of these guys to have so much fun without me.

Welcome aboard. The ride can get a little rough, but its worth it.
"
Eight pages of four dudes posting each other's quotes. There's offtopic and there's just plain spam.

I thought it was fairly obvious that these quotes aren't from the posters that have been attributed to. It is just a vehicle for myself to use some quotes from literature, cinema and music lyrics. I've seen many "post your favorite quotes" threads that haven't gotten off the ground. This was my way of putting a fresh spin on it, plus I can attribute funny stuff that just wouldn't ever come from them.

For instance;

"
I remember my dad had all this cash. He thought maybe we could buy our way onto a plane, even though cash was completely useless. Ten thousand other people had the same idea. The crowd was surging. I lost my grip on my sister's hand. I remember the ground felt very soft, and I saw I was standing on people. People who had fallen. Like a carpet. There were infected in the crowd- it spread fast. You couldn't get away, you could only climb, climb over more people. So I did that. So I climbed, I climbed on top of more people. I got up on top of this kiosk. Looking down you couldn't tell which faces were infected and which weren't. Then I saw my dad. Not my mom or my sister. My dad. I saw his face... Selena's right. You should be grateful.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I quite liked this one-

"
itbmgthj wrote:
you might craving to focus on an utilised vehicle that you simply could buy at harshly

Spoiler
This particular poster isn't a frequent poster, but bots in general are.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
Moonyu wrote:
I'm older and I have more insurance.

"
Hardlicker wrote:
Oh, okay I took my life in my own hands, I made a mistake fine I'm sorry! I'll never do it again! I wanna wear my sandals... I wanna go out to lunch. I wanna be NORMAL again!

"
Vakirauta wrote:
“There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."

"
“There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?”

Spoiler
"or Lift?"
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
I work at a college as a janitor even though I feel like I'm smarter than most of the people who go there. Sometimes I see an equation written on a blackboard like half an equation and... I just figure it out.

Is this Good Will Hunting?

No.

It sounds a lot like the plot of Good Will Hunting.

Yeah, anyway. My best friend is Ben Affleck...
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
Read entire thread. I wasn't quoted once.

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Read entire thread. I wasn't quoted once.

What started off as a vague idea to make up stuff directly opposite to what a few people would say as a bit of a tease has kinda taken off. I then just started assigning quotes to people who contributed to the thread that kept it alive, as I won't self bump threads but am happy to respond.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm gonna lean up against you, you just lean right back against me. This way, we don't have to sleep with our heads in the mud. You know why we a good partnership, Forrest? 'Cause we be watchin' out for one another. Like brothers and stuff. Hey, Forrest, there's somethin' I've been thinkin' about. I got a very important question to ask you. How would you like to go into the shrimpin' business with me?

"
Surely I've explained to you before how much I enjoy watching the battle between love and virtue.

"
Pavshaus wrote:
I did this self actualising course this week and basically they taught us that pain is your friend, it's your humanity, pain makes you interesting.

"
Jim_Fear wrote:
Remember the Italian steward who put on women's clothes and so filched a seat in a lifeboat? "A cur in human shape, certainly he was born and saved to set a new standard by which to judge infamy and shame.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Behind the stubble and the too-prominent brow and the male-pattern baldness... I sensed your feminine longing. And it just slew me.

"

Spoiler

Or
"
<Insert allowed gross out URL>

Last edited by Eleziel on Dec 3, 2013, 9:49:21 PM
Oh, I get it now.
"
This thread is fucking stupid.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info