1.0.1 Patch Notes

Someone told me about a new currency which would be able to roll white sockets into items.
Also, is there a thread about the new vendor recipe (where people try to find it out)?

About both those things I cannot seem to find anything on the forums, could someone clarify them for me?
The final build of my character after patch 99.9.9:

Life max: 10
It is a nice tank build because other OP build gets nerffed and this build can have actually 10 life total which is very good to take from boss 1.5/sec damage

Life regen: 2 per sec
Thats why it is tanky, because it can take damage from boss and actually have better life gain

....(more)

Item:

Cast when damage taken: after so many nerfing on other support gem, this gem is back now, it only need to take 44 HP to cast a spell, which I dont have that much in total!
But with potions, it can actually cast it without paying 199999 MP on 5 other skills. Worth to use, saved me so many times on Endgame, much better than Cast when Death now.

... (More)

Any suggestions and comments? Thanks GGG to bring this gem back to game!

(From the future)
Last edited by windsound2014 on Nov 13, 2013, 8:11:39 PM
I feel like if CwDT was changed to have a <100% chance to trigger after taking a percentage of your total health/ES (combined), with a slightly higher cooldown, it could keep its place where certain builds need it. Or even if Cast on Melee Kill and Curse on Hit were no longer required to be linked to a skill, then maybe we could find a reasonable solution. But as it stands now, I can't even clear a plain Lv66 map without the fear of dying.

Molten Shell was worth 1700 armor, Warlord's Mark was worth 7% lifesteal and double flask usage, and Enduring Cry provided 5 Endurance charges. No amount of respeccing could replace that. Not like I'd even have the currency to do so, if it actually was.
Last edited by Cinnamohn on Nov 13, 2013, 8:23:34 PM
"
Reisteel wrote:
CODT changes will cause also a terrible disadvantage between people with lots of currency and people who started more recently.

Pretty much all the complaints I saw up to this one I understood. This, though, I don't get, mostly due to my ignorance of PoE's economy (not high enough level to know or care about it yet).

How does this gem nerf matter more to people without much currency?
Strength is found first in awareness.
"
Cause wrote:
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
They might want to consider trying to fix issues with FPS on laptops. Mainly with Fellshrine, can barely which reach 20 FPS when not fighting anything in that level.

Running Intel HD Graphics (Fifth gen), 8GB RAM, and Intel Pentium P6100 Dual Core. Pretty standard laptop too.

Running integrated graphics puts WAY too much strain on a CPU. That's why. Your chip can't handle the graphics and the processing, compared to a graphics card and CPU which can split the work load into graphics, and processes. That's why you're lagging. There isn't an issue with FPS on laptops, there's an issue when people try to use sub-par computers to play games.

"
Klowdy wrote:
"
wisdorin wrote:
you should at least have seen the endgame when you talking about an unbalanced game...

No need. Experience tells me if one change is game breaking then the entire mechanics of the game is flawed. It doesn't say anywhere on the forums or guides that I have to use a certain skill or be doomed to fail. The creators obviously didn't want this and so they changed it. People need to understand if the game becomes too difficult because of this, the devs WILL fix it.

If the game is unbalanced, it seems this is the first step in rectifying that problem. I don't need to see end game to know a mandatory ability in a game with so many options is not right.

Oh god you're not serious are you? Saying you have experience in OTHER games gives you no basis at all when it comes to experience in this game. That's like saying you have experience flying planes because you played a plane simulator on your computer.

It's actually closer to say I'm experienced in baseball because I play basketball. I'm not comparing apples to oranges, I'm comparing one action MMO to another.

Regardless, one skill should not have this large of an effect as this does. If you can't see that then you are truly blind to the real problem and only see what you want to see. This game was not designed around one skill, but all these posts seem to suggest it was.
Lost the will to play. Who knows what gets nerfed next? Why try new things when everyone will whine about being OP and nerf will be incoming? Obviously we have to make casters.

The gem needs fixed to where it's pre-mitigation damage. At least tanks with a lot of defenses who do less damage could get use out of it.
"
Zaximus704 wrote:
Lost the will to play. Who knows what gets nerfed next? Why try new things when everyone will whine about being OP and nerf will be incoming? Obviously we have to make casters.

The gem needs fixed to where it's pre-mitigation damage. At least tanks with a lot of defenses who do less damage could get use out of it.

I can't believe you people can't realize how stupidly broken that gem was, you were casting several spells for FREE, it is almost like if you were cheating. Now it has a fair cost/benefit ratio, deal with it.
"
gordonfreema wrote:
"
Zaximus704 wrote:

I can't believe you people can't realize how stupidly broken that gem was, you were casting several spells for FREE, it is almost like if you were cheating. Now it has a fair cost/benefit ratio, deal with it.

Thank you, at least a few people here get it. I just assume the people who wanted the gem to stay the same were children with no sportsmanship who want to steamroll games for whatever reason.
"
Klowdy wrote:
"
gordonfreema wrote:
"
Zaximus704 wrote:

Thank you, at least a few people here get it. I just assume the people who wanted the gem to stay the same were children with no sportsmanship who want to steamroll games for whatever reason.

Do you even know what an ARPG/Hack n' Slash game is? You're supposed to be overpowered. Did you not play Diablo 2, and see the great success that game was? People STILL play it 14 years later.
Last edited by Helpless on Nov 13, 2013, 11:10:57 PM
Nice update!

Except for the CWDT flip. Regardless of how good, bad, crazy, sane etc this gem was, making such a large change to a skill gem mid-season really is no good idea IMO. To top that off, the very nature of this change means the gem changes function a good bit. Before it was build enabling as well as just generally useful. Now its a convenience gem for already tanky builds.

Now if you insist on major reworks of trigger gems; here's a few ideas:

Make all trigger gems work autonomously, eg Cast on kill should trigger on a kill regardless of what item its in.

Make Cast on XYZ have a % to trigger, which gets better with level. In CWTD's case, as been suggested many times, this would likely be better if triggered by % pf health lost before mitigation. Theres really no sense in punishing lock/armour/evade like this. Nor does a gem that gets worse (in 99% of its use cases) make any sense.

Cap the map number of trigger gems a toon can equip to 2 or so.

If you feel cwtd needs additional drawbacks, how about something like it adding a multiplier to the gems it supports requirements?

Im sure it will work out in the end, just a bummer to see such large change to a item that made the game more enjoyable (yes, most can cast their supports themselves, like we did in the stone age ; ) but cwtd just make playing so much smoother and thus, at least for me, more enjoyable.

I'll also have to reroll my whirling templar.. but thats ok; needed an excuse to get rid of that fail anyhow :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info