1.0.1 Patch Notes

So people are complaining because they actually have to put in the effort and cast their actual skills, like in pretty much every other game?

Waah! Waah! You're all a bunch of cry babies. Activating 3 skills at the one time, with no mana cost, was absurd. Brainless. Suck it up and cast them manually now... what's the big deal?
"
Uncshabob wrote:
So people are complaining because they actually have to put in the effort and cast their actual skills, like in pretty much every other game?

Waah! Waah! You're all a bunch of cry babies. Activating 3 skills at the one time, with no mana cost, was absurd. Brainless. Suck it up and cast them manually now... what's the big deal?

The big deal is you can not design a new build with new items because you know that if the item is powerful and successful for many player and not only for a small rich elite, GGG will nerf it next patch.

"
Uncshabob wrote:

Simple; it isn't fun.
"
Aimeryan wrote:

Simple; it isn't fun.

Then go play another game, most games with multiple abilities you have to micromanage them anyway if you want to do well.
"
DeltaWing wrote:

The big deal is you can not design a new build with new items because you know that if the item is powerful and successful for many player and not only for a small rich elite, GGG will nerf it next patch.

What new builds? This is a QoL issue, people are complaining about having to use three hotkeys (assuming a 4-link) to activate what they normally would. Besides, most knew this was coming. This is a gem that would allow you to spam three abilities at no cost, with a 4 link. Five with a six-link. That's ridiculous. Overpowered, lazy and definitely in need of a nerf. I don't think that's what the game designers intended. You'd might as well roll three abilities into one.
"
Uncshabob wrote:
"
Aimeryan wrote:

Simple; it isn't fun.

Then go play another game, most games with multiple abilities you have to micromanage them anyway if you want to do well.

So I should play another game because even though I find a vast majority of this game fun there is a small part I do not? You must not play many games in that case.

These support abilities do not need to be micromanaged to do well - they can often be ignored altogether, and that is what vast majority of people do. They are so not fun to use that people willingly give up the power that using them would give to just not have to put up with such finicky repetitious usage. That is sad for those abilities and harder to balance around than something that is limited in some form other than "too annoying to use".

It is not the micromanage that is the issue but the way in which using these skills work - they slow down gameplay (especially having to cast multiple support skills every so often), can require more effort to keep up than value provided, take up skillbar slots that are in small supply and can often cause situations that contradict their usage (for example, using molten shell to help with defence causing you to get hit by not being able to kite while casting).

These properties mean that only those that tend to be desperate will end up using the spells, which means those people are often made unhappy that their build is not working well coupled with the added frustration of having to keep these support spells up.

The solution? Check the suggestion forums for that. Off-hand, one suggestion is for a gem that allows you to cast all linked abilities together with some caveats (for example, a cooldown attached to it, or no damage for linked abilties, lowered effectiveness of linked abilities, etc.). This would removed the tedium of casting multiple support abilities while still requiring active use.
Then they should make molten shell beefier, make it last longer and have no cast time on it.
People have made really good suggestions about how the nerf could have been better handled. I would have been happy if CWDT was changed to linked abilities do no damage, trigger based on % life or ES that was a larger % at lower levels and smaller at higher, with cooldown on casts, and/or including a % expenditure of currently available mana per trigger (so it had a mana tax as well, EDIT - though the latter would be problematic with Blood Magic, so probably not).

Or make some of the very short duration supports like molten shell auto casting (or longer lasting). Otherwise melee, cycloners, incinerators and others just can't use them effectively without CWDT.

I would also like to see it work on DOT damage (which it didn't seem to) and/or mitigated damage.
Last edited by Maven_Renee on Nov 17, 2013, 10:34:39 AM

lol that's true couldn't say it better myself .GGG why don't you give a shit ??I mean we are the people that actually made the game a success... Yeah you designed it and sh*t but the best game in the world is failure if no one plays it..imagine WoW if there was like 10 people playing it at any given time..garantee you blizzard would have removed the subscription fee just to pull in more players.

Nerfing something and people complain and no one from GGG has the decency to just explain in detail why? or respond to the angry players? its like you don't give a f*ck about what we think? So then you def don't care if we buy rubbish from the shop or buy supporter packs right?

I might be wrong but GGG wasn't always like this maybe they should just regain perspective and maybe that will be sooner then they think

If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
Last edited by talic182 on Nov 17, 2013, 3:21:40 PM
"
ofcorpse wrote:
"

Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Will this improve my FPS by any chance or make it worse?

There is no point in buying cosmetic items when my game looks like this
Spoiler
texture_quality 10 and custom resolution

And I still get mean FPS spikes.

I really don't feel like buying a new computer/parts just to maybe get rid of my FPS issues with Path of Exile when I can play pretty much any other game just fine.

Time to buy a new computer haha.... 486dx2 little out of date ...hehe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info