1.0.1 Patch Notes

Good Stuff
IGN: DontCareBoutPepperonis
"
Hauberdogken wrote:
"
tZork wrote:

Now its a convenience gem for already tanky builds.

Hardly so actually.

As a 'tanky build' marauder, the only real benefit this gem gave me was Molten Shell uptime.

I used endurance charge on stun anyway and manually casting EC and my Warlord's isn't that big of a deal, EC and the curse are the most unaffected for me.

But I can't use molten shell anymore, since with my defenses it detonates faster than I can cast it.

I love you GGG, but if you want to know how it feels, here's a small comparison:

You're leveling a priest in WoW and you have to recast Fortitude and Spirit on yourself with a one second cast time each after every two mobs killed.

Then Blizzard comes along, notices the problem and increases all buff durations to 30 mins.

Priests are happy now, but Rogues get to use 30 minute Adrenaline Rushes.

Blizz sees that their change broke the game and removes the buff duration, and it's back to casting those damned buffs every two mobs.

It's just not any fun.

Excellent point well made. unfortunately GGG don't give a shit, and don't even have the good grace to tell us they don't give a shit.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I'd say the CwDT gem is what was needed for Melee chars, I've suggested this like half a year ago.

Actual post I've made in March:
Spoiler
"
Also I do see you want to refrain from letting people gain Endurance Charges by attacking, therefore solution this could be a Support Gem which could be used with skills such as Molten Shell/Tempest Shield/Arctic Armour and could let you get Endurance Charges while you're being hit or get a critical hit landed on you or whatever else you think off, but please make it passive as it's a big pain in the ass to try to get them by spamming active skills..

They made it and then they nerfed it. I wouldn't be mad if they changed the damage threshold to a percentage rate, instead of numeric, but because this gem scales so bad, it's not worth to level it up up after some point, due to damage being so high that it never, or almost never triggers.

I thought it was a perfect solution to keep up your Endurance charges, while every other charges can be kept so easily and Endurance charges are required some other ways of keeping it that requires using skills.

Frenzy charges - 100% on kill
Power charges - 100% on crit

You can keep them like that forever if you're fighting mobs.

Endurance charges? Nop. GGG doesn't like Endurance charges. Molten Shell? Nop we'll put a stupid cast time on it and you can cast it on your own if you want. I thought it was alright that CwDT kept it for most of the time, but with a cost that you'll do almost no damage with it in sense that it wasn't op at all to have it there, just a defensive skill instead of being both.

By the way, if you ask me what the CwDT did to most of the chars in the game - made it easier to handle large groups of mobs, but on the other hand, it wasn't any easier to kill bosses, at least from my experience.

Just an idea, but CwDT should be Hardcore only skill so Standard players wouldn't have a say in it, because as far as I've seen, most of them (not all) are saying: "EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT, WHY ARE YOU ALL MAD?". And clearly, if you haven't had a taste of Hardcore, you wouldn't understand how essential this was and how much easier it was. I can't say that I can't use all those skills, but this game is HACK AND SLASH game, it's fun, but when it comes to casting Molten Shell, Enduring Cry all the time, it's just so annoying that in the end you don't want to use them skills at all and you're thinking (why isn't there any way to just keep them without casting all the time) sure there is Warlord's Mark, but then again, once in a while you'd like to use other curses, right, not to be tied to that one option?

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Peace out.
IGN: StN_
"
rinleezwins wrote:
This change made my 2 friends quit the game cause their damage was based on projectile/crit weakness curses and it almost halfed their dps.

If they couldn't bother to press the key themselves they were probably playing the wrong game anyways. Even if I used CwDT, if half of my damage relied on curses, I wouldn't wait to be getting beat on for them to proc from a trigger gem. I'd just cast them on the mobs as soon as they were on screen and kill them.
Changes...changes...mumble..mumble. This patch is "great" and all but GGG forgot one little problem. THE GAME IS STILL RANDOMLY KICKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! I invite those of you who are still experiencing this problem to stop playing the game until GGG realizes that their servers are crappy and they do something about it!!! I just tried to get on and it let me down. Until then I will not play this game ever!
"
undeadking243 wrote:
Changes...changes...mumble..mumble. This patch is "great" and all but GGG forgot one little problem. THE GAME IS STILL RANDOMLY KICKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! I invite those of you who are still experiencing this problem to stop playing the game until GGG realizes that their servers are crappy and they do something about it!!! I just tried to get on and it let me down. Until then I will not play this game ever!

Are you using steam? Seen this problem with steam, but switch to just the regular launch and everything is ok.
*long tired sigh* ... Yes. :( I will try the regular launcher and see how that works...I'll still be able to use my characters right?
I undeadking243 (now ryurhonin) will no longer play this game until this DC (in Steam and the regular launcher) problem is taken care of. goodbye. >:(
"
ryurhonin wrote:
I undeadking243 (now ryurhonin) will no longer play this game until this DC (in Steam and the regular launcher) problem is taken care of. goodbye. >:(

try posting in the bugs forums Its only criticism GGG totally ignores they are normally quite good with technical issues.

good luck.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
what everyone seems to forget is that before CODT even existed people used every single skill they have linked to that gem now ..
you wanna know the secret? click the hotkey and cast the spell yourself?
it worked before and ofc it still works now .. CODT just makes this part easier ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info