1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
Zzyxz wrote:
"
masters85 wrote:
Holy cow...

First, its a free game. Chill out. Sure, I understand you want to have fun playing a game you enjoy. At the end of the day, however, its GGG's game and they are free to make changes as they see fit.

I could throw out the ol' "if you dont like it dont play it!" statement. Or you just chill out for a week or two until they get all these patches sorted out. I played the hell out of this game in open beta but havent touched it since the steam release. Give it some time so GGG can collect their data and make changes.

Make a game is hard, making a game that people like is even harder. Just give it some time, go outside (too cold here for that) or just play another game or something.

And when many people leave this game and dont buy things. they will ran out of money some day and then this game gets stomped and is gone.

but hey its free to play and dont rely on money from us :D

srsly. dont let the door hit you

Eh. I got hours and hours of fun out of this game for free. They can make whatever changes they want as far as I'm concerned. Devs make changes to games all the time. Look at League of Legends, WoW, Diablo 3, and tons of people still play those. If it turns out to significally change gameplay or not line up with the design principals they have in mind, they will adjust again. Simple as that, certainly nothing to get bent out of shape about.

As for me....time to go play more EVE online >:)
Nerfing things slightly is fine. Making something that you put effort in useless is not. Logging out 1 day and your character doesnt work anymore is not fun. Re-rolling characters because of nerfs is not fun.
If im going to live in fear that one day i can log in and my character wont work anymore because its maybe op in devs heads is not fun.
uninstalled game.
IGN : Depresija
Last edited by Capma83 on Nov 13, 2013, 5:14:27 PM
I dont like the cwdt change, not only because of the increased dmg threshhold but also because in order to be able to keep playing my char, i will first have to level my cwdt gems from lvl 1 to 17 or whatever it is exactly i need...

In other words: I can basically just trash my discharger.

No matter whether the change is a good idea or not, you should at least have announced it early enough for us to adapt and by early enough i dont mean just a few days because leveling those gems takes quite a bit of time and if you didn't have the time to play in those few days between the announcement and the patch, you're screwed now...
Going to reroll caster right now :)
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
GGG sure has been quiet about the cwdt gem.
I just wanted to relax and farm some maps today, but that's no longer a possibility. :(
"
Cinnamohn wrote:
I just wanted to relax and farm some maps today, but that's no longer a possibility. :(

I was having fun farming, but not now.
Don't want to re-roll and get gems and gear.... sigh
think I'll buy shadowrun and fart around with it.
It's your punishment for using a spell within the game, you shouldn't ! Or you should use it like GGG told you to !
"
Fixed an issue with key pickup and the Animate (Weapon and Guardian) skills.

Still broken? I hope the "fix" wasn't that it still requires you to hold the pickup key.........................................
IGN: SoulCinder
as far as i am concerned about the CwDT change:

in rpg's, action economy is the number of actions one can perform simultenously. This, was, is and will be the most easy way to "break" a character. The more things you can do simultenously, the more you can break him.

CwDT was broken exactly because of the above. The "drawback" of -70% damage was laughable. the 440 damage was also laughable compared to casting 3-4spells without expending a single millisecond of your DPS time.

And thus it was nerfed in a way that you now can't possibly "spam" simultenous castings without sacrifing damage.

One must look at a problem from all angles. P.e. You put a curse on CwDT and it's a "free" permanent curse, auto applicable, on everything, for ever. That alone is much, much better than a notable passive.

You put enduring cry and the +duration for endurance charges passives become 100% redundant.

You put molten shell on it and it's a free 60% of your mana (grace)

etc

It wasn't "slightly" OP. It was invalidating a lot. A LOT, of the passives.

Ofc, the damage thresholds atm are a bit too high, especially since it doesn't calculate mitigration, and that means that in it's current form, the gem is only good for high regen/high leech characters, and not for high mitigration/avoidance characters.

Ofc, the whole "cast 1 million spells to enter melee" issue is still there, and the bandaid that was the old CwDT is now not applicable.

So yeah, both melee need a solution to their problems, and yeah CwDT needs further tweeks. But leaving it in in the way it was would be a dsaster (imo).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info