Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

Uploaded a new video with Infernal Blow + Cyclone in use.

Actually, this was finally the setup that can be played without any gear switching in any maps.

Infernal Blow converts 50% of physical damage into fire damage, and the remaining 50% physical gets added as 36% cold from Hatred, which seems to be pretty much meaningless in elemental reflect maps. And thanks to the high level Arctic Armour, it takes out basically all the fire damage reflected back from Infernal Blow, only cold damage sometimes comes a bit through but basically it's like nothing.

And thanks to Infernal Blow being only 50% physical damage, physical reflect maps are not a no-go anymore. Here's the video, at the very end there's nice 15 monster 1 shots :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV82pi1Ix9M
That is is absolutely amazing. This is a great build. I know you say you can't do phys reflect maps, that is a shame, but seriously the gear is just godly. I can only imagine the total worth of your gear setup, it has to be over 400 exalts worth of gear :)
"
runnin17 wrote:
That is is absolutely amazing. This is a great build. I know you say you can't do phys reflect maps, that is a shame, but seriously the gear is just godly. I can only imagine the total worth of your gear setup, it has to be over 400 exalts worth of gear :)

Hi ! Well actually, the Physical Reflect just got solved by putting Infernal Blow into second 6 link chest... I explained it what is the reason for that in the post above ^^

Spoiler
Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Increased Area of Effect + Life Leech + Multistrike + Power Charge on Critical

IB looks a bit slow (3.13 APS) and propably my playstyle also, but I never used quicksilver, there's been enough desync even without it, and there's no need to hurry in a ready world anyway :p

And the funny thing in the gear is, almost half of my gear is selffound. Counting the chest in that category too, as overall crafting cost for it didn't go above 30 ex, that includes buying that chest as 6L magic from my friend. In the worst case the gear might be very very expensive, but besides the weapon, rest of the gear I have crafted or found myself, so they haven't been really expensive.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Dec 24, 2013, 6:22:06 AM
Hey Juhazz I'm on my way to copying your build (half-way for the Gale Song since I have a mirror up and ready) and would like to know whether this build could potentially break the 100k DPS benchmark with Cyclone? I was wondering if this could be achieved by sacrificing some life nodes for the 75% Critical Chance cluster (this is on the left-hand side of the Scion starting point)?

By the way great build! It's just what I've been looking for after playing with an RT Blender, which didn't have alot of damage output.
Last edited by ryatwo on Dec 27, 2013, 8:20:51 AM
"
ryatwo wrote:
Hey Juhazz I'm on my way to copying your build (half-way for the Gale Song since I have a mirror up and ready) and would like to know whether this build could potentially break the 100k DPS benchmark with Cyclone? I was wondering if this could be achieved by sacrificing some life nodes for the 75% Critical Chance cluster (this is on the left-hand side of the Scion starting point)?

By the way great build! It's just what I've been looking for after playing with an RT Blender, which didn't have alot of damage output.

Hello. Glad to hear other people like the build too :)

Well the 100k dps is doable yes, and it goes far beyond that, if you'd have enough life leech from gear and that way could use some other gem in the links than life leech.
In example, Melee Damage on Full Life makes it somewhere to 115k or so, it's not propably the best gem choice, as there's burning ground and that kind of stuff, but once you start spinning, stuff stays frozen all the time and that way you're not taking damage and staying at full life.

Just the problem is, it's already very very risky if you accidentally go spin into a physical reflect, it's death faster than you can ever imagine.

And I ended up using Spectral Throw once again, it's very boring like all ranged stuff in my opinion, but it's very safe, neither one of reflects are doing anything with it. With the new staff, it's throwing at 18k dps with life leech gem. Cyclone I use for bosses anyway, it's melting them so damn fast :)
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Hello. Glad to hear other people like the build too :)

Well the 100k dps is doable yes, and it goes far beyond that, if you'd have enough life leech from gear and that way could use some other gem in the links than life leech.
In example, Melee Damage on Full Life makes it somewhere to 115k or so, it's not propably the best gem choice, as there's burning ground and that kind of stuff, but once you start spinning, stuff stays frozen all the time and that way you're not taking damage and staying at full life.

Just the problem is, it's already very very risky if you accidentally go spin into a physical reflect, it's death faster than you can ever imagine.

And I ended up using Spectral Throw once again, it's very boring like all ranged stuff in my opinion, but it's very safe, neither one of reflects are doing anything with it. With the new staff, it's throwing at 18k dps with life leech gem. Cyclone I use for bosses anyway, it's melting them so damn fast :)

Wow thank you so much for the speedy reply!

Nice to know that my weird personal goal is doable. So unfortunately my question wasn't answered (no biggie), but are the 75% Critical Strike nodes worth going for in your opinion?

I can imagine how risky it can be! I have a suggestion, but not sure whether its applicable to this build of not.

The Blender build by x2p, uses Life on Hit instead of Life Leech and the heal with it is instantaneous to a point where Reflect and even Double Reflect mobs do nothing. Now that build is with RT and no Critical Strikes involved, so I imagine there is a world of a difference. Currently I cannot test it out myself, but what do you think? My guess is the damage reflected is too high to deal from anyway!
Oh, you meant the crit chance nodes on the right side, not left side ? Well if you meant those, it's really not wise going that way. Scion start area is quite hard to "get" out, as it needs 5 points before you get to travel to where ever you're going.
I've tried to take that route in the first place of this build and it was really a failure. Currently this tree I'm using has provided the best survivability and damage output. Specially when using Spectral Throw, it's like ultimate safe vs both reflects :3

Edit. Oh and the Life on Hit thing, propably it's not good here, I haven't tried it, but cycloning even a single monster with physical reflect will get you killed really fast, against larger groups it might be good, but I wouldn't suggest it in the long run, because single mobs are pain already :p
Last edited by Juhazzz on Dec 27, 2013, 9:31:44 AM
Whoops, yea I meant right not left....

Thanks for answering my question! Looking at it from your perspective, I would agree also since it would take 15 points altogether to have 75% more Critical Strike. On the other hand there's lots of nearby clusters of Critical Strike nodes in the Witch tree anyway, which I've blatantly overlooked! Both of which in my opinion are fairly close to Eldritch Battery as well(they're nodes that end with Critical Multipliers Bloodthirst and Throatseeker. There's even a cluster of life nodes as well which might come in handy (I think).

By the way, are the Critical Strikes on the skill tree considered to be global?

Yea I figured as much with LoH, since reflect mobs would be hitting much more than they regularly would be as opposed to a Blender. Thanks for the insight though!

EDIT: My mistake the clusters with Throatseeker are Multipliers. So the only one left are the clusters ending with Bloodthrist, which are 3 points away from the current passive tree layout.

EDIT: Just watched a video, covering almost all of how Critical Strike works. So I'm much more informed. Works so much differently than other games, I must say.
Last edited by ryatwo on Dec 27, 2013, 10:32:55 AM
Long time since last visit here, haven't played basically at all, but thought to do some double bosses and only missing 2 boss Palace Dominus, thought to leave it when I level up, as it needs much more attention when taking them both the same time, can't hear when Touch of God is coming when they both yell the same time.. So far I've got these double bosses on the compilation:

Jungle Valley
Torture Chamber
Maze
Academy -23% res accidentally
Crematorium
Shrine
Courtyard

Is there anything else that might be of some challenge when I level up ? I'm gonna re-do Torture Chamber with 6 players and solo the bosses, the one I made already, they died so fast, that they didn't even get to attack a single time lol, just Cyclone 1-2 times through and both died.

Actually, I'm gonna re-do all of those with -res once I get my level up. Arctic Armour is so cool vs most of them that it's not so big deal.

Getting Geforce 780 GTX today, wish it improves my FPS while recording, it's kinda double danger when recording and playing with 15-20 fps :/

Big Geforce or small case humm ?
Spoiler

Spoiler
Last edited by Juhazzz on Jan 3, 2014, 12:11:30 PM
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Long time since last visit here, haven't played basically at all, but thought to do some double bosses and only missing 2 boss Palace Dominus, thought to leave it when I level up, as it needs much more attention when taking them both the same time, can't hear when Touch of God is coming when they both yell the same time.. So far I've got these double bosses on the compilation:

Jungle Valley
Torture Chamber
Maze
Academy -23% res accidentally
Crematorium
Shrine
Courtyard

Is there anything else that might be of some challenge when I level up ? I'm gonna re-do Torture Chamber with 6 players and solo the bosses, the one I made already, they died so fast, that they didn't even get to attack a single time lol, just Cyclone 1-2 times through and both died.

Actually, I'm gonna re-do all of those with -res once I get my level up. Arctic Armour is so cool vs most of them that it's not so big deal.

Getting Geforce 780 GTX today, wish it improves my FPS while recording, it's kinda double danger when recording and playing with 15-20 fps :/

Big Geforce or small case humm ?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey Juhaz what are your thoughts on that unique armor cloak of defiance? is it worth using for a mom build?
Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info