Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

@Juhazzz
What is the reason for having ES?

Is it only for extra buffer on top of life?
I was thinking that this can work with AR or AR/EV gear.
I don't really see what it adds to the build.
"
nebunelux wrote:
@Juhazzz
What is the reason for having ES?

Is it only for extra buffer on top of life?
I was thinking that this can work with AR or AR/EV gear.
I don't really see what it adds to the build.

Hello. Yes that's exactly the reason why I have it, because using this kind of setup, it's pretty hard to come up with all the life from passives / gear to compete against Kaom in example. Also the most important part is to have both, AoE and Single Target skills in use with same setup, so that kinda takes out the Kaom's option.

And I wanted something totally new, that nobody else has done before, or atleast that I'd know of, that means; Not using Vaal Pact, not going CI and not using any skills that are used by 95% of the crit builds :) (Well obviously ST is now used a lot, but before release I was going to do Sweep + Glacial Hammer setup and double Cyclone build in the first place after seeing that old staff for sale at forums) :)

Also, like I mentioned in the first post, I had that chest waiting in my stash, and the old staff I also had there waiting.

First version of this build was with Eldritch Battery and that means having no ES at all, that's how i got like 500 manaregen per second, with less regen passives, but it was not good, not good all. I must tell, the playing was waaaay more unsafe as it is now by having that 1600+ "buffer" of ES on top of life pool :)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 12, 2013, 5:32:45 AM
Thx for the response.

Your staff is the highest DPS Weapon I have seen in this game since I started playing it.

From the mods I assume(I am almost certain) that it is a crafted item from white state and up using tons of exalts, eternals, etc.

You probably mirrored it from someone. Did he crafted it?
Considering that 400 DPS weapons go for 10-20 exalts, this 700+ DPS weapon is priceless. It someone would price it, it would probably be hundreds of exalts.

Tell us more about it.
"
nebunelux wrote:
Thx for the response.

Your staff is the highest DPS Weapon I have seen in this game since I started playing it.

From the mods I assume(I am almost certain) that it is a crafted item from white state and up using tons of exalts, eternals, etc.

You probably mirrored it from someone. Did he crafted it?
Considering that 400 DPS weapons go for 10-20 exalts, this 700+ DPS weapon is priceless. It someone would price it, it would probably be hundreds of exalts.

Tell us more about it.

Actually, the guy who has made this staff has even higher dps Vaal Axe, but it's not really as good as this staff (for this build), because of the high crit chance base on it, which is basically the most important thing for a crit build. It lets you get a lot more defensive stats on the passive tree and does not force you to go into Shadow's part of the skilltree :)

Not saying a crit build would not work with some other weapon, it's just a lot easier to get good damage output by spending less points into critical nodes :)

Oh, and yes, I did mirror it, as the guy wasn't willing to sell it. And it's no wonder, the amount of Eternals and Exalts (Alterations used 20k+) he needed to make this weapon is just out of this world :p
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 12, 2013, 11:55:14 AM
Updated the current skill tree, regretted some points and got enough manaregen to use 21 LVL Arctic Armour while moving, this was a huge boost to physical damage taken :)

First time found some use for my Level 3 Empower Gem :)
"
Juhazzz wrote:
Updated the current skill tree, regretted some points and got enough manaregen to use 21 LVL Arctic Armour while moving, this was a huge boost to physical damage taken :)

First time found some use for my Level 3 Empower Gem :)

That's nice.
Now you can drop Cast when Damage Taken completely from the build :)
I don't think you get any benefit from it if you level it.
I'm wondering, how much does this build rely on critical damage to freeze with glacial hammer? How effective would a resolute technique version of this build be? Currently I am at level 27 and using these mediocre item
I would use other gems if I had them, but I'm just starting act 3 and already have 1.3k dps with glacial not counting debuffs and crits.
Well, it is actually quite big part of the build. As (20/20) Glacial Hammer has 26% Chance to Freeze on hits, and the freezing time is based on the damage you dealt to the monster(s).
In example a 6 player party, where you keep hitting the boss, you will never keep the boss completetly frozen with Resolute Technique build, unless your attacks per second is somewhere at 8, which is basically not possible with 1.xx aps 2 handed weapon.
The freezing time is very very low when not hitting a critical, and that makes bosses like Piety teleport away from you, propably going for Ice form and then you have to hide from it etc etc and that's not efficient way of playing :)

And based on my own playings, it just kept getting better and better when I started to pick up the critical nodes as last, better to get your survivability high enough before going for the damage nodes. You'll get fast leveled in Lunaris 3.
I can share my own experience with RT GH.
I tried to make a build based on high block, high armor, RT and crappy gear(no OP items).
Using Glacial Hammer + Frostbite to get to 50% chance to freeze with RT.

The end result was that I could barely chill mobs in Merciless Fellshrine.

In order to freeze you need high enough Damage per Hit (not DPS infalted by Attack Speed).
So there are 2 issues:
1. 1h Mace doesn't have high enough damage to freeze, you would need a 2H weapon
2. RT makes not crit

So 1h mace non crit damage is pretty low making you unable freeze anything.

I have no doubt that Juhazzz can freeze everything due to that ridiculous 700+ DPS Weapon.
GH + Hatred means more then 50% of DPS is cold. I think the Cold damage may compared to that of a Freeze Pulser.

I would not attempt this build unless I own a good staff 350-450 DPS because it is harder to roll a high pDPS Staff then it is to roll any other 2h weapon. Staves can roll also wand stats like spell damage, elemental damage, cast speed. So the stats pool is larger.
"
nebunelux wrote:
I can share my own experience with RT GH.
I tried to make a build based on high block, high armor, RT and crappy gear(no OP items).
Using Glacial Hammer + Frostbite to get to 50% chance to freeze with RT.

The end result was that I could barely chill mobs in Merciless Fellshrine.

In order to freeze you need high enough Damage per Hit (not DPS infalted by Attack Speed).
So there are 2 issues:
1. 1h Mace doesn't have high enough damage to freeze, you would need a 2H weapon
2. RT makes not crit

So 1h mace non crit damage is pretty low making you unable freeze anything.

I have no doubt that Juhazzz can freeze everything due to that ridiculous 700+ DPS Weapon.
GH + Hatred means more then 50% of DPS is cold. I think the Cold damage may compared to that of a Freeze Pulser.

I would not attempt this build unless I own a good staff 350-450 DPS because it is harder to roll a high pDPS Staff then it is to roll any other 2h weapon. Staves can roll also wand stats like spell damage, elemental damage, cast speed. So the stats pool is larger.

That's really well put, couldn't say it better. But it really requires something very nasty stuff with RT to make the permanent freezing possible.

With really high attacks per second, you might luckily keep stuff frozen for a short moment, if you're lucky and GH's 26% chance to freeze kicks in enough many times in a row, but that's not good idea at all. But that's again high attack speed version, which doesn't make you hit any harder and you can barely chill stuff with it.

Also I just came up with another very neat version of the bottom section of the passives, it's not going to be doable anytime very soon. Just about to get lvl 93 and I need 96 or maybe even 97 when that version is viable.
This is inspired by yesterdays double super close-call situations on Vulnerability map and getting stunlocked very easily. I'll update the first post with that version of passives asap. Negative side on that version is, that I won't be able to use higher than lvl 17 Arctic Armour with the manaregen that passive setup gives.
I'm a bit doubtfull, but it will give plenty more life, Unwavering Stance, Iron Grip and more physical damage.

edit. With that setup, life is ~5k, Cannot get stunned op, Life Leech from passive yumyum, Glacial Hammer 124k dyps and Spectral Throw 14k with life leech gem :)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 14, 2013, 5:15:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info