Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

"
Juhazzz wrote:

I wouldn't ever do a build that relies on life leech, it has to be atleast somehow "afk-proof", meaning that you won't be dead even if you desync for 5 seconds in some corner / stuck in some obstacle with Cyclone :p

And for the BM version, that could be a good idea also, haven't really thought about it before

Well, with BM you HAVE to rely on at least some form of life leech, though without Vaal Pact, you'll at least have regen and potion to spam when desync hits you. I play on, by gaming standards, very old PC's. So apart from the desyncs, I'm used to a fair bit of plain ordinary lag. I can't count the number of times I've been save by rolling my indexfinger over the numeric keys when my character froze. Funny though: with BM this "tactic" (that's a big word, I admit) works even better, because you're not carrying mana flask, leaving more room for health and granite ones.

I might give the BM version a try then myself, as I only play Domination and are not up for races yet anyway. I'm just a bit cautious of try-out builds at the moment, as I want to see what the new patch'll do first; to gameplay, but also to the game's economy.
Update:

I'm almost through Cruel with my budget Blood Magic variant, and am getting closer and closer to my core tree:

Levelling has been a breeze so far, even with very mediocre gear and "saving up" on passives points. For levelling I am using: Sweep + Life Leech + Melee Splash + EC on Melee Stun. For single target damage I use: Heavy Strike + Life Leech + Stun + EC on Melee Stun, I got Leap Slam + Melee Splash as a mobility tool, and Spectral Throw + LMP + LGoH + Iron Grip as a ranged backup. Most important pieces of gear are Geoffri's Baptism and two Kaom's Signs. I'm running Haste, even though it isn't ideal, because the attack speed is appauling. So far I haven't picked up the Blood Magic keystone yet, simply because sweep doesn't seem to consume all that much mana. I have made no investments in my mana pool and yet with Slintherpinch Gauntletts, I never have to take pots. My aim is now to get a five link at least, staff or armour, and make the transition to full Blood Magic.

The question that arise now is where to go to after the core tree is finished? Initially I wanted to go up to pick up Purity of Flesh and the Inner Force cluster, but my main "buffs" will concist of EC's to which Inner Force doesn't count, while Purity of Flesh on its own is not worth wandering that far off. Also, the build needs a bit more Dex. to lower the gear requirement be able to use Cyclone effectively. The way I see it there are two options remaining. One is to grab that last EC node (for a total of 9! EC's), together with Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes. That combo is always solid, but on this build I fear only marginally effective as it won't have any evasion to begin with. The second option is a bit of an odd one, but allows for picking up a bit more resistances and a good deal of much needed attack speed, while making the build more interesting for party by sharing all those EC's through Conduit.

What are your thoughts on this?
Would be pretty cool to get an update from Juhaz about this build.
"
godslayer1234 wrote:
Would be pretty cool to get an update from Juhaz about this build.

I allready sent him a PM, and posted the below in a separate thread.

"
Brazilski wrote:
After some debating I started on a low budget version of Juhazzz's Cyclone Staff Scion.

The way the passives were spread out, we determined it was the combination of reliance on criticals and Mind over Matter that made his build so expensives to begin with. I settled with a pretty much worked out life variant, using Blood Magic, which I was quite satisfied with.

1.1.0 changes everything though, since it changes the layout of the tree precisely in the area we were tapping into. Now, I'm not quite sure how to respec. While a one on one respec is easy enough and actually leaves me with more points to spend, criticals suddenly seem viable again, be it still without Mind over Matter.

I was thinking about this:

With:

- Cyclone + LGoH + Multi Strike + Endurance CoMS + Power CoC as my main attack
- Heavy Strike + LL + ECoMS + Stun as a single target attack
- Leap Slam as a distance skill
- Discharge as a panic button
- BoR as a main piece of gear
- Two Kaom's Signets (allready got those)

I'm not at all sure if it will work though, hence this thread. Any comments are much appreciated

Last edited by Brazilski on Mar 10, 2014, 11:03:08 AM
Hey Braz, thanks for the reply, I can't really help much regarding the changes you made to the tree because I have never played this build, but since last season I was planning on starting. I guess I'll have to wait for something a little more definitive because I don't really have much time with work and all to start testing what works and what doesn't by myself. I hope Juhaz comes back from his break soon!
Cheers.
"
godslayer1234 wrote:
I guess I'll have to wait for something a little more definitive

Yeah, that seems to be the general problem with the 1.1.0 release. Build are updated slowly, new builds appear even slower, but most of all, I don't think anyone expected 1.1.0 to affect that many builds this much.

It's really hard to play any existing character right now, without relying on prayer for it to be a viable one.
WOuld this build be viable in 1.1?

IF so how much dps or life are we sacrificing
Isn't it better to start marauder/templar for this build?
trade a bunch of single resistance nodes for hp/damage with the same amount of points spend.
Is Marauder start viable?
how can you deal physical reflect?
i seems you killed yourself one shot
IGN : Do_Not_Touch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info