Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

Hello to all. Here's my Critical dual 6 Link Scion build, with very good survivability and really awesome damage output.

Few words first before anything else. I started to plan the build some months ago, when I saw this weapon for sale at forums. At that point there was no Spectral Throw around, and it was supposed to be "Double Cyclone" build, with other one generating Power Charges and second 6 Link to dish out the damage.

The weapon behind the inspiration:

Spoiler

I was really worried about the survivability with 2 handed weapon and not using Kaoms, or going CI, both are something I will hopefully never use. (Stubborn enough to do everything the harder way).

Also one source of inspiration was my old Marauder, which just 2 weeks ago leveled to 100 in about 4 months of playing :) That character was super super tanky, basically impossible to kill and it actually got only twice killed by something else than Elemental Reflect / -Res Lightning Thorns, (let's not mention the death when I was chatting in 4 add projectiles poison cloud with -31% chaos resistance ;) thanks for the deaths go to; first time at Vaal and Dominus smash after level 100 :) But the build wasn't really doing much damage, as I went all in for defensives, because I wanted to reach my main goal (lvl 100).

That was basically the reason for what I wanted: Superfast map clearer, that doesn't still get killed. And that's exactly what this build is.

So there's some explanation behind the build. And here we go:

Videos New Boss Compilation video up (20.1.2014 or 1.20.2014 lulul)

Passives @ level 97 with Cyclone setup with Double Charge generator and Damage 6L

My current gear
Spoiler

Some switch-items for the build
Spoiler

Chest is crafted by myself sometime ago, used on my Marauder, also belt, boots and helmet were used on my Marauder.

Sockets & Links
Cyclone "Damage" 6 Link
Spoiler
Cyclone + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Critical Damage + Life Leech + Concentrated Effect + Melee Physical Damage

Cyclone "Double Charge Generator" 6 Link
Spoiler
Cyclone + Increased Critical Strikes + Power Charge on Critical + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Additional Accuracy

Auras

Hatred: No words needed, Cyclone will either a.) Freeze monsters or b.) shatter them with one Cyclone pass. Critical hits = Freeze, Freezing is nice. Sound of shattering ice is nice.

Grace: With Iron Reflexes it gives a really nice bonus to our survivability, granting almost 10k armour boost.

Clarity: No words here either, Mana Regeneration. THE thing this build is focused on.

Haste: This we switch to replace Hatred in Elemental Reflect maps, same gem colour, easy and fast to switch. Not needed if you're using some lower damage attack like Spectral Throw. Or keeping Sapphire flask uptime in control.

Discipline: Might be needed in 50% Regeneration maps, as Arctic Armour and Cyclone have huge manacosts, Discipline greatly increases mana regeneration with Eldritch Battery.

By getting the Mana Regeneration to 350+ per second, we are able to sustain high level Arctic Armour while moving (that's obviously in maps that don't have regeneration affecting mods). And this is a big part of the survivability against reflect and all the physical and fire damage there's in the game

In maps that have no regeneration at all, we just won't be using Arctic Armour. Cyclone is very easy to sustain here, even it has 127 Manacost, because AA isn't there to drain 300 per second.

Physical reflect no longer is an issue, just don't use Abyssus, use Spectral Throw in second 6L and you're good to go, don't use Cyclone, please.
Playstyle is basically 3 buttons, sometimes 5.

Cyclone with the Charge Generator till 6 Power Charges are up. Use the damage dealer Cyclone in "normal" situations and remember to refresh your Power Charges. (Actually, if you play alone, even the charge generating Cyclone will kill stuff really fast.)

Cast Critical Weakness or whatever is the Curse of your choice. Critical Weakness helps you get power charges up.

Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration is suggested into some 3 link, or alternatively, Leap Slam + Faster Attacks. These are ideally found from your switch weapons.

Arctic Armour combined with Empower (+2) and Inner Force from passives (21% more effective AA) and there is one 8% Life node that also gives 3% more effect to Arctic.

That makes it overall 24% more powerful, making Arctic Armour reduce Physial / Fire damage taken per hit by: -286.44 from every single hit you take. And this is counted AFTER your armour / resistances. This is so massive number, that it must be experienced how strong it is, there's not enough words to explain how good this skill is.

Stats of the build with Abyssus

Defensive Statistics:
Spoiler

Cyclone with Life Leech
Spoiler

Good things & Not so good things

Good things:
  • Survivability
  • Damage output is insane
  • Can do both reflect types, just use Spectral Throw from other 6 link and rare helmet.
  • On-move sustainable Arctic Armour (lvl 22), a huge ++++++

Not so good things:
  • Extremely gear dependant, a big ---
  • Extremely expensive in other words ---

Bandit Quests:
  • Normal: Skill Point (Kill all)
  • Cruel: 18% Physical Damage (Help Oak)
  • Merciless: Power Charge (Help Alira)
Last edited by Juhazzz on Feb 18, 2014, 3:34:37 AM
hi man

i am very interesting by your build/post but can you make a leveling tree (lvl 20-40-60-80) thanks a lot
"
brackicool64 wrote:
hi man

i am very interesting by your build/post but can you make a leveling tree (lvl 20-40-60-80) thanks a lot

Hello, thanks for the interest. I actually started doing that earlier this morning, but had to hurry to work :) I will do this later today once I get back home.
your build it very nice but may be other weapons? axe, sword or maybe 1h weapon and shield?
"
pioruneks wrote:
your build it very nice but may be other weapons? axe, sword or maybe 1h weapon and shield?

Thank you :)

One of the most important things in this build is that critical base on the weapon itself, and other 2 handed types cannot get it so high like staves do.
But yes, for sure it can be, you just cannot get the same dps with same survivability. Thats only because you have to invest a lot more into critical chance passives, which forces you to travel into Shadow's area of the tree, and this causes a lot of survivability issues.
That's how I started this build in the first place and was almost about to give up, but I gave it one more chance and I can't tell how satisfied I am with it now :)

If you were to use a shield + 1-Hand weapon setup, you would require a Mace to use Glacial Hammer. Glacial Hammer is one of the build enabling skills in this particular build. It has 26% chance to freeze on every hit and that combined with high critical chance, it keeps freezing everything all the time. GH works only with 1H/2H Maces + Staves.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Nov 11, 2013, 7:40:46 AM
ok i use staff xD can u do point on 20/40/60/80 lvl?
i have question on pm
how much can cost gear to Your build?
"
pioruneks wrote:
how much can cost gear to Your build?

Much depends on what kind of deals you can find. I bought my helmet for 15 ex 3 month ago, not long ago 2 guys asked to mirror it :)

Hard to say really, because almost all the expensive looking items I've made myself or found them almost as they are.

Today I crafted a new amulet :)

Tomorrow I try to put the leveling skill tree up, really didn't have time today to do it. And won't be around so much for the next few weeks, real life calls, which includes restoring a house and stuff like that. I try to answer questions and edit the post for more specific inormation whenever I got the time to do it :)
Absolutely fantastic.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info