Dual 6 Link 97K LL Cyclone/22 LVL AA/EB/MoM/5k HP taking a break

Hey Juhazz, how well does this build scale without super-amazing weaponry? I've been thinking about using this build or similar CI one for the new ladder. I know good staves are hard to find, but still - My guess it I'd still be able to get away with less ideal ones, simply because of crit.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Hello man :)!! That's really a nice build. I want to try to do it. Just two question. Does this build work with also lower stuff?? can i have a nice dmg just to make some 75+ maps (playing solo) without some stuff like yours?? Or is that RLY equip-based??
And another question, can u make a 20-40-60-80 skill tree?? i've seen that some1 else asked about this, but i didn't found it..
Have a really good chest for this build if anyone is interested:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/779206

Buyout is 90ex, negotiable if you're a pleasant person :)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Feb 2, 2014, 9:15:37 PM
Been a bit occupied on other stuff, 1 week race and everything, stuff irl etc..

As for CI, it's not going to be very safe compared to life version, with the benefit of 400++ manaregen, as there's no possibility of using Eldritch Battery, which is kinda the build enabling passive node for the build. My not-so-succesfull test as CI didn't end up well, as I wasn't even able to cast Cyclone, because I didn't have enough mana after Grace, Hatred and Clarity to cast the skill, lol.

And for the lower itemized version, 2 weeks ago I would have said "I don't know if it works", but now that I played the 1 week race with my build and the gear was like it was picked from a trashcan and yes, it really does work, atleast for Lunaris 3 facerolling. Managed to make 78.5 level in the 1 week race, I played only for 5 days and out of those 5 days I spent 10 hours at work for 3 days, so it's kinda nice.

But, it was not possible to switch over to my crit staff version until level 75 or so, because there wasn't simply enough points to get all the needed stuff, keeping survivability at decent stage and maintaining some damage at same time. So I used a 2H Karui Maul and had like 3.8k dps Spectral Throw and no crit nodes from tree. The moment I took the staff in use and had 40.5% Crit chance with low multiplier, tooltip dps dropped to 1.8k, BUT the killing speed atleast tripled. So it's not good to count on the tooltip damage on the crit version. For a bit mid endgame mapping I suggest to level up more, needs like 85 level to take Eldritch Battery along with the rest important stuff.

Here's the gear I had in 1 week race
Spoiler

And the passive tree

As you can see, there's only 2 decent items, the chest and helmet, so there's plenty of space for new league upgrades to get IIR to farm Piety till end of days. Rest of the gear is just as if it was picked from a junkyard. I recorded one Lunaris 3 run with the setup and will upload it maybe later today, now at work don't have the video here.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Feb 3, 2014, 4:58:29 AM
Juhazzz i m going to take a big step and tell you that this is one for the best builds i have ever seen, gz man superb job!

Amazing dps (100k crit cyclone is like having 150-200k when comparing to other melee skills)
and amazing survivability (MoM+AA).

The only drawback is that your gear is too expensive (150-200ex to mirror that staff and another 100-150ex to mirror/buy a chest like yours).
I can say that the chest piece does not have to be SO good hybrid, if i manage the socket colors i may even put a pure ES 750+es chest which costs around 40-50ex.

Please let me know something, as i am a bit ignorant of the calculations:

With your staff full self buffed u have 100k cyclone.

With this staff (but the rest of the gear same as you and build same as you) how much dps u think i could have full self buffed? I m trying to have an idea if its worth it to start making the build.
If u got 100k i may take a guess around 50k?

thanks in advance for your precious reply.

Last edited by nel0angel0 on Feb 6, 2014, 2:37:44 PM
Exile!
Last edited by LightMyChemin on Feb 12, 2014, 5:44:24 AM
"
DLimited wrote:
Hey Juhazz, how well does this build scale without super-amazing weaponry? \

This is also what I'm wondering about.

I love this build and would play it straight "out of the box". However, as a semi-newbie/noob player, I just can't afford it.

Is there anyway to convert this build, or at least translate the core concept of a cyclone staff Scion, to a budget version?

Maybe going for Blood Magic could do the trick? You'd lose a fair bit of the tankiness I guess, but you still have a ton of life compared to many other builds, and ample means of regenerating it. Picking an extra Power Charge for merciless Bandits', you can run 5 PC and 5 EC simultaneously, regardless of gear, which by the way can make you a nice addition to any party if you equip Lochtonial Caress. With Blood Magic taken as a keystone, you shouldn't have any problem either, linking Cyclone with Power Charge on Crit and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. You'd just need a four link to add Life Leech or Life Gain on Hit, and with a fifth link you can add Melee Splash.
"
Brazilski wrote:
"
DLimited wrote:
Hey Juhazz, how well does this build scale without super-amazing weaponry? \

This is also what I'm wondering about.

I love this build and would play it straight "out of the box". However, as a semi-newbie/noob player, I just can't afford it.

Is there anyway to convert this build, or at least translate the core concept of a cyclone staff Scion, to a budget version?

Maybe going for Blood Magic could do the trick? You'd lose a fair bit of the tankiness I guess, but you still have a ton of life compared to many other builds, and ample means of regenerating it. Picking an extra Power Charge for merciless Bandits', you can run 5 PC and 5 EC simultaneously, regardless of gear, which by the way can make you a nice addition to any party if you equip Lochtonial Caress. With Blood Magic taken as a keystone, you shouldn't have any problem either, linking Cyclone with Power Charge on Crit and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. You'd just need a four link to add Life Leech or Life Gain on Hit, and with a fifth link you can add Melee Splash.

I played the build in 1 Week Nemesis race and now recently in 1 Week Domination race, and yes, it does work really well with shittiest gear you can find. Just with the difference, that it'd be using just Spectral Throw as long as you can make Manaregen way above 300. I'd say, 350+ morelikely. And aslong as you can find atleast semi decent staff, you shouldn't be running the crit version of the build.

Some another spec with mace / axe or whatever there is to be found. I was running this 1 Week Domination with Kaom's Primacy, because there was just one staff for sale which would have suited, but the guy didn't respond anything when asking for it.

I still got the video here from the Nemesis character doing Lunaris 3 runs. Should upload it to youtube one day..

1 Week Nemesis Gear

1 Week Domination Gear

Last edited by Juhazzz on Feb 18, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
"
Juhazzz wrote:

I played the build in 1 Week Nemesis race and now recently in 1 Week Domination race, and yes, it does work really well with shittiest gear you can find. Just with the difference, that it'd be using just Spectral Throw as long as you can make Manaregen way above 300. I'd say, 350+ morelikely. And aslong as you can find atleast semi decent staff, you shouldn't be running the crit version of the build.

Some another spec with mace / axe or whatever there is to be found. I was running this 1 Week Domination with Kaom's Primacy, because there was just one staff for sale which would have suited, but the guy didn't respond anything when asking for it.

I still got the video here from the Nemesis character doing Lunaris 3 runs. Should upload it to youtube one day..

1 Week Nemesis Gear

1 Week Domination Gear

Hmmm,.. that would work, but you're basically swapping out your main attack skill, which kinda goes against the concept. Besides, I allready got a dedicated Spectral Throw Scion going pretty much the same direction you're headin =P Also, I'm a bit concerned about late game damage.

Regarding your notion that the crit version should be avoided with a lesser quality staff: could we conclude that the crit reliance is (a major part of) what makes this build so expensive? Because if so, we might consider dropping it alltogether. For a Blood Magic alternative, that would free up alot of points, as Resolute technique is only two points away:

You'd invest heavier in stunning and go pure EC, and with the free-ed up points you could perhaps grab another EC and Unwavering Stance.

Finally, for the crit version, I've been looking into a CI Witch variant (resulting in some nice Discharge options too), but you just don't seem to have enough points to grab the necessary +Energy Shield nodes, nor the +Elemental Damage nodes you'd need to grab to compensate for the lower physical damage output.

Yes, it's basically the crit hype atleast in standard which is making the stuff extremely expensive. Not to mention the Saintly Chains, which have been very expensive for quite some time already, doesn't even have to be very good stats on them to make their price go beyond any reasonable sum :/
Maybe in a new ladder (5th March hype) I would see myself using Cloak of Defiance, it's not even close to being as good as 700/600 Saintly Chainmail / Hauberk, but cannot imagine of having such Saintly / Saint's chest anytime soon after new ladders start :)

One thing that is good in this setup, that most of the people haven't realized how damn powerful mana regeneration from items is and that combined with Eldritch Battery, there can be some really good items laying around for a hilariously low price :)
When manaregen is stacked as high as possible, it's kinda opening so much more possibilites and not to mention what -285 damage taken Arctic Armour does.. It's basically fully immunue to every physical / fire attack what normal monsters do. And that is extremely good thing, what comes to the current state of desync..
I wouldn't ever do a build that relies on life leech, it has to be atleast somehow "afk-proof", meaning that you won't be dead even if you desync for 5 seconds in some corner / stuck in some obstacle with Cyclone :p

But it shouldn't be really hard to get a decent staff for the build, like there was atleast 1 in each 1 week races, and those both were just 2 days after the races had started. And for the BM version, that could be a good idea also, haven't really thought about it before and almost like forgotten this whole topic already, as I gave up playing in standard and just join the races. The playing turns into not-fun -mode after a while of playing with hilariously OP items, propably because the challenge is all gone.
I'm going to play the next ladder with Donald's Detonate Dead build, very efficient build, works with same kind of trashgear like this build, but the playstyle is something totally different for me and I do hope it keeps up the inspiration in the next HC ladder :)

edit. Sold 95% of my gear from this build @ standard. Seems Aldur31 who posted here has my old chest, amulet and prismatic ring mirrored from the guy who bought the ring from me :p
Last edited by Juhazzz on Feb 18, 2014, 6:09:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info