Alkaizer Nemesis 89 Marauder Solo

It's pretty much the same just requires some armor now for harder maps. My gear got a decent amount better so I can pretty much 1-2 shot practically everything in maps long as the mods don't say otherwise.

I like marohi a lot, top end multiplied through physical passives allows you to reach a 1-shot threshold much easier. How hard you are hitting is far more important than your dps with this build. So because marohi has a high top end and increases your ground slams efficiency it is pretty hard to beat unless you have a ridiculous mace and overall gear setup that supports higher attack speeds (I can run out of mana when groundslamming as is if I have to cast like 7-8 in a row back to back but this also is a plus for divination MF).
Last edited by AlkaizerX on Nov 21, 2013, 6:43:39 AM
Alkaizer, when/if you've been close to dying what has been the cause? Anything we should watch out for with extra caution?
GogogoScary - 95 HC 40k GS
Scary - 98 Invasion 2H Cyclone
GMT +1
Things that will kill almost any build:

Storm herald -Max
-Max / Any high level map
Extra Damage / Ele % Damage
Double reflect and not seeing it

Ele % Damage in any high level map
Ele % Damage -Max in any high level map is asking to die

Pretty much, you will ONLY ever die from pretty much anything that is going to make you take more elemental damage.

Storm herald -Max, if I ever see this I immediately go back to town and swap quicksilver with topaz and make sure Enfeeble is up and I am always moving even when heavy striking.

-Max in any high level map if you get 2 pretty bad rares/blues at the same time there is the potential to die.

Honestly from what i've experienced, playing with -Max and Ele% Damage in any high level is probably asking to die.

I think double physical reflect (map and rare) of monsters that are like the golems or sand things that don't visually reveal they have the aura are risky.

Ele % Damage with extra damage or -max is probably asking to die in high level maps.

The only solutions for this build to help overcome these problems is to use purity of X gem or swap in temporal chains double curse ring/boots and obviously more life.

Or you can just reroll the map... So many people die because they don't reroll serious ele damage high level maps, you will eventually desync, get unlucky with ridiculous situation, or whatever else.

It literally takes like 1.5 seconds to die in storm herald -max in high level maps. The large skeletons with clubs hit for like 3-4k elemental damage with -max. LMP/GMP arctic breath spitter leapers will instagib you with fractured. There are more situations than just these as well but just be super aware that elemental damage is probably the only thing that will kill you and increasing the elemental damage in maps will increase your chance to die.
Thanks for that helpful information with maps!
thanks really helpful
Hi, I just hit merciles few days ago, and have a little problem with gearing and surviving. Currently have around 4.4k hp, 3740 armor, 75% resi and -18% chaos. My GS is hitting roughly 5.1k and heavy strike 9,9k with Hatred on.

Already had quite few near death experiences during Piety runs. Really enjoying this build and it feels like if I spec into Iron Reflex now I will lose way too much damage in comparison of the armor I get (need to sacrifise loads of phys dmg nodes) Do you think my gear would be strong enough to survive nevertheless or should I just get some regrets and spec to IR and where I should take points? I appreciate any tips. :)

Here is my build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpR5rQvQT9yqXzZe4whAir2IVXcPTkOwQRVtZ7NpzD3vhQgUEcYkcmYpmQPzAHn_InrCQmWJyAS2Ro-eWgLYXgNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZZU1Hfm5pvqepbrXybqpKyDWS_o9N46ZXMZ6sWYjxWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-J35TKJBLMUTaIAAnHwH6logzg=
How do you meet the dex/int requirements on cold aura and curse? Disregarding the astrementis.

Like the build btw Im pretty much copy pasting it only lvl 42 atm. Thanks!
Dex or Int on gear is useful or just use a low level hatred and enfeeble. They aren't super critical but it was an easy solution to reduce the risk of high elemental damage in maps.

4.4k hp sounds very low for act3 merc, you should be around 5k at the bare minimum. I am going to assume you don't have life on every slot of gear and you probably should take the scion life wheel before going into duelist nodes.
Ok cool..does enfeeble reduce spell damage? It says "attacks" ..or does it work for spell crit?

*nm found that out on my own
Last edited by CptNinjetty on Nov 21, 2013, 8:02:15 PM
You have no more lifeleech nor high lif regen, how do you deal with that?

I,m struggling a bit atm because of that i think. Thanks for that build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info