Museum bosses left unbalanced?

I've done Museum bosses with Vulnerability, double bosses, and Overlord's (30% more damage and 25% more attack speed) with a level 82, without dying. Gear worth just under an Exalt.

Was that an easy fight? Uh, no. No it wasn't. Extreme caution is advised.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 14, 2014, 7:10:34 PM
Orchard: is super EZ mode, you just have to hit, strafe, hit, strafe, hit, strafe, and you kill it without even getting hit once (temp chains helps if you are slow as fuck).
Dunes: you just get away when he gets close, he is super slow and doesn't hit hard. Maybe the chaos clouds are killing you? Then just get out of them, it's not like they move...
Museum: you just pull them 1 by 1, use minions, enfeeble/temp chains... The only time i had some trouble with those was in a double boss + 3 damage mods.

Seriously I just feel they should make maps even harder because too many "not so good players" are getting into maps thinking they should be a cakewalk. For example, I just did a villa map, 6 man public party. 3 people died to trash mobs, another one died to the boss, only me and the map owner survived. It's just pathetic.
"
Criptospora wrote:
Orchard: is super EZ mode, you just have to hit, strafe, hit, strafe, hit, strafe, and you kill it without even getting hit once (temp chains helps if you are slow as fuck).
Dunes: you just get away when he gets close, he is super slow and doesn't hit hard. Maybe the chaos clouds are killing you? Then just get out of them, it's not like they move...
Museum: you just pull them 1 by 1, use minions, enfeeble/temp chains... The only time i had some trouble with those was in a double boss + 3 damage mods.

Seriously I just feel they should make maps even harder because too many "not so good players" are getting into maps thinking they should be a cakewalk. For example, I just did a villa map, 6 man public party. 3 people died to trash mobs, another one died to the boss, only me and the map owner survived. It's just pathetic.

Villa boss can very much be beaten without taking any damage with a ranged character if you are enough skilled mechanically. However, for melee players (actual melee, not "GGG melee"), it is a straight gear check.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Islidox wrote:
Depending on how you fight the bosses, each one poses a threat, but only one poses the greatest threat for most players.

1. The Hollow Lady - The tentacle miscreation, she has a Haste aura and the projectiles she shoots I'm sure are physical/fire-based like its base mob. High armor/block/dodge/Ondar/AA is required.

2. The Broken Prince - The regular miscreation, he has a Slow-enemy aura and a smoke mine ability (I don't think he has Flicker Strike) that can be dangerous when in close proximity with other boss mobs. The smoke mine reduces player visibility to almost nothing as well as reducing your chance to hit (if not RT). Also has a slow-attacking but far reaching Reave ability (not highly damaging).

3. The Fallen Queen - The whipping miscreation, she is by far the deadliest boss in the trio. She shoots chaos-based EK, Viper Strike, and upon contact with her normal hit, she casts an instant chaos-mine explosion like that of Alchemists that's highly damaging. To deal with this boss without issues, high chaos rez and armor is needed. Amethyst flask is also great to use.

When combined with all three bosses at once, it makes for a very harrowing fight unless your chaos resist is very high or CI-based. High armor and maxed rez is expected. Best way to approach this map is to inch closer to the boss area, and pulling mobs/bosses 1 by 1.

very good advice. My RF build can trash the bunch but I have to move fast and keep moving. I also have +13% chaos resist. And I definitely go for the tentacled miscreation first.

Every one of my other characters gets killed, fast. Including my MoM/AA summoner. Could not believe how fast she died. And before I hit resurrect I watched my 7k life zombies go to 0 life in about 3 s. All 8 of them. and they had bone offering up!
You can one-shot them from offscreen with flameblast and burning damage.
Its weird how certain insanely difficult bosses are so stupidly easy with some builds. Not good imo.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
You can one-shot them from offscreen with flameblast and burning damage.
Its weird how certain insanely difficult bosses are so stupidly easy with some builds. Not good imo.

i'm amazed that works.

as often as i take horrendous damage from off-screen i would think they would aggro immediately.

i know the first time i went down there i didn't know what was waiting for me.

they killed me from off-screen, which is really, really annoying.

torchlight2 had that problem too. is it some sort of hard to solve problem or something ??
"
plasticeyes wrote:
Every one of my other characters gets killed, fast. Including my MoM/AA summoner. Could not believe how fast she died. And before I hit resurrect I watched my 7k life zombies go to 0 life in about 3 s. All 8 of them. and they had bone offering up!
Strange, my summoner w/o both MoM and AA didn't have much problems (except first time when I didn't know what to expect, haha), it was just kiting (as much as possible in that narrow corridor) and cursing for me. Zombies didn't die even w/o bone offering, and they had ~7k hp too.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
Strange, my summoner w/o both MoM and AA didn't have much problems (except first time when I didn't know what to expect, haha), it was just kiting (as much as possible in that narrow corridor) and cursing for me. Zombies didn't die even w/o bone offering, and they had ~7k hp too.

well i just leveled so i'm going to go and figure out what happened. note to others don't go do museum bosses when you are 90% of the way to level 83, LOL.

generally the zombies are pretty tough, although for some bizarre reason i had a tough time with voidbears in a level 69 map (i think that i didn't have PoF running).

kiting is tough and i think that's the problem. A "bad start" means that they know you are there, you get the aggro, and you start getting ripped up while they are off-screen.

That's what happened to me. oh- other minor complication, you know those dart throwing snakes ? must have been at least 10 of them in there too. i was taking horrendous projectile damage.
My shitty geared summoner in invasion can do double boss on this map easy. I'm CI so the EK barely hurts me at all.

Today I did shocking ground, turbo, twin bossed and 5 of my zombies melted because there was necro that casted flammability on them, then tittybitches shoot them down.

Temp chain curse really helps here and even with summoner you can pull them one by one. I usually pull couple first if its twinned, then just cast skele totem and curse. They die pretty fast.

Edit: I watched on video I recorded, the EK does less than 400 dmg to CI character. Tittybitch can hurt, tho.
Last edited by Kullevi on Apr 16, 2014, 3:57:21 PM
but but..this is my favorite map
So many unique bosses in one map, oh gwad. with high MF this maps drop rares like mad.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info